nerdmann
10 months ago
I look at whoever it was who demanded Cobb, a washed up player with a degenerative ankle condition get all Amari's reps, forcing him out of the lineup and resulting in him not being developed.

They didn't draft Amari for punt returns. They wanted him coming out of the backfield like Deebo.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

KEven, did you read what I wrote?
I said fans, and then I said Rodgers (or any player). Seems you are quick to jump on what I'm saying without actually taking the time to understand what I'm saying.
I did not say YOU said fans. I was stating how fans can be quick to jump on the "fire him" bandwagon.
And that it seems that Rodgers was trying to get his way (if the whole thing is true)

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Alan, if you think you're gonna derail the topic and then come at me for not following your attempt to derail, then you're gonna be ruffled.

I created the topic to discuss how we assign blame. I mean, I explicitly asked "how do we assign blame in the NFL?"

You got distracted by following the cited example rather than the explicit question and so that I said "We blame so easily, but where's the focus on HOW we blame?"

You then say something like "A fan demanding someone in a NFL team to get fired is worth about NOTHING", which is again not even remotely close what is being asked in this little ole topic.

So, you really have no claim about me not reading what you said when you're refusing to respond to the actual question being posed. 

Maybe third time is the charm. 🤞

The point of this silly topic is to discuss HOW we assign blame. What is the process we use? Do we just emotionally react and say FIRE'EM ALL! (I've done that before haha), do we think it through well I guess I'm ignorant to what's going on behind the scenes so just give them all 20 lashings for now.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

I look at whoever it was who demanded Cobb, a washed up player with a degenerative ankle condition get all Amari's reps, forcing him out of the lineup and resulting in him not being developed.

They didn't draft Amari for punt returns. They wanted him coming out of the backfield like Deebo.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Okay, this is yet another person straying off the actual topic. Maybe the topic just sucks ass. 🤦‍♂️

Unreal. A topic about how we assign blame and folks right away start assigning blame without even trying to get into the subject matter. I think we're just a blame blame blame society. Maybe. 🤷‍♂️
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 months ago

Hypothetically, you can blame every decision on the top person at any organizations.   In business, that is one of the reasons they make so much...they answer for everything.

The problem in assigning blame is that we are working with imperfect information concerning imperfect people in imperfect circumstances.  Ergo, it can be very difficult to accurately assess or assign blame.

A few years back vs the Rams, when Montgomery returned a kick off from the end zone and he fumbled, who was to blame?  The player? The ST coach?  The head coach?  The GM?   Watching the game, in real time, I blamed the ST coach and head coach. 

However, I had incomplete information.   If IIRC in this particular situation, the player was told by the ST coach and HC NOT to run the ball out if goes into the end zone.  Case closed, right?

Largely....except what if those same coaches are harping all week about "making plays"!   "We need to make a play!"  So the guy tries to make a play, resulting one the dumbest expressions coaches hear "I was just trying to make a play coach!"    Arrrrgh,!!! Don't worry about making plays!!! Do your job in a manner you were taught and the plays will happen.

Now...couple that with the fact that coaches are very reluctant to throw players under the bus, so we are less likely to get full forthright information.

Placing blame isn't as easy as it seems.

So if Rodgers wanted Gute fired (which I doubt) for drafting a QB, do we really know if that is what Gute wanted.  Perhaps Murphy told him to get a QB because Rodgers was getting long in the tooth,..we will never probably never know how those discussion went.

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

I'm guilty of not reading this entirely through, sorry.  I meant to come back and finish, but failed. You make a good point. The coaches could be stressing to "make a play, trust your instincts" all week long and then on game day it could be reasonable to understand how a player could ignore the instruction to fair catch.

Very true, placing blame isn't as easy as it seems. That's kind of what made me pose this question/topic. I personally feel we are too quick to demand someone lose their way of financially supporting themselves and/or family. 
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
10 months ago
Kevin . How do you expect anyone to give an answer to your liking on such an open ended question?
How do we assign blame?
We each decide on our own terms.
We use predetermined hate of certain people.
We decide based on our own desires.
And I could go on and on.
I'm pretty sure you already had the answers, as you used your own thoughts to decide in your own mind to choose what you wanted to hear.
Sometimes it seems you just like to throw these kinds of threads out there so you can start something. Just what my opinion is .
To me, there are no right or wrong answers to your question in this thread. Except In a preconceived mind. Which is my point....we each choose how to put blame on ANYTHING.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
10 months ago
It all starts from the top. I blame Murphy for only having one SB during Rodgers tenure. 
nerdmann
10 months ago

Kevin . How do you expect anyone to give an answer to your liking on such an open ended question?
How do we assign blame?
We each decide on our own terms.
We use predetermined hate of certain people.
We decide based on our own desires.
And I could go on and on.
I'm pretty sure you already had the answers, as you used your own thoughts to decide in your own mind to choose what you wanted to hear.
Sometimes it seems you just like to throw these kinds of threads out there so you can start something. Just what my opinion is .
To me, there are no right or wrong answers to your question in this thread. Except In a preconceived mind. Which is my point....we each choose how to put blame on ANYTHING.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

As the smartest person I try keep up with these topics so everyone knows what to think. It's a tiresome job at times, but I try to maintain dedication.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (16h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (17h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.