Martha Careful
a year ago

NFL Players Association Urged to Screen for Heart Issues Over Vaccine Side Effects
Zachary Stieber  Feb 16 2023
https://www.theepochtimes.com/nfl-players-association-urged-to-screen-for-heart-issues-over-vaccine-side-effects_5060341.html?utm_source=partner&utm_campaign=ZeroHedge&src_src=partner&src_cmp=ZeroHedge 

The NFL Players Association (NFLPA) is being urged to offer players cardiac screening in light of the growing concern over COVID-19 vaccines causing heart inflammation.

The Health Freedom Defense Fund urged the association in a recent letter to implement screening because the vaccines can cause myocarditis, a form of heart inflammation. Young males are the most at risk.

Most NFL players received a COVID-19 vaccine under pressure from teams and the league.

“Safety signals illustrate that the near and long-term health outcomes of the COVID-19 vaccines remain uncertain,” Leslie Manookian, president and founder of the fund, told DeMaurice Smith, executive director of the players association, in the letter.

“A multitude of adverse reactions to these injections, including myocarditis, are wide-ranging and confirmed, and as such, prudence dictates that the NFLPA investigate the extent to which the COVID-19 shots may have resulted in injury, compromised health or death of players,” Manookian said.

She pointed out that Damar Hamlin, a safety for the Buffalo Bills, suffered a cardiac arrest on the field during a Monday Night Football game in January. The reason for the incident remains unknown; Hamlin declined to convey during a recent televised interview what his doctors told him about the incident. Former NFL players also have suffered heart attacks and strokes following vaccination.

The NFLPA should introduce “a testing and screening program to determine whether players have been adversely affected by the injections and to develop a set of functional medical protocols and treatments in order to address and heal any deleterious effects of the vaccines,” Manookian said.

The NFLPA declined to comment to The Epoch Times.

The association hasn’t responded to the letter, which was sent via email and regular mail, Manookian told The Epoch Times.

Former NFL player Ken Ruettgers, who started the Voices for Medical Freedom podcast, previously warned an associate who works for the NFLPA of post-vaccination cardiac events and offered to connect the group with doctors with knowledge of the issues.  The associate thanked Reuttgers but didn’t accept the offer, he told The Epoch Times.

“The challenge is, it’s almost like a fighter pilot that, ‘I don’t want to be tested because if I come up positive, I don’t want to be grounded,'” he said.

Studies Cited
Manookian informed the NFLPA that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration placed a warning regarding myocarditis and a related condition, pericarditis, on the labels for the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines. She also pointed to research papers on post-vaccination myocarditis.

Among them were a study by Florida authorities that found a jump in cardiac-related deaths among the vaccinated; a study that found an increased risk of myocarditis and myopericarditis after a second dose of Pfizer’s vaccine and the first and second doses of Moderna’s vaccine, with the highest risk in young males; a reanalysis of the original clinical trials that found a higher number of serious adverse events of special interest among the vaccinated; and experts in Germany reporting, after analyzing autopsies, that some of the deceased likely died from vaccine-induced myocarditis.

“We have a growing body of scientific evidence showing that there is a risk to young males in particular, and many of them have some critical cardiac problems,” Manookian said.

The NFLPA did the right thing when it comes to concussions, supporting stronger protections for players, she said.
“I think that we should be doing the same thing with respect to these COVID injections and the potential for subclinical cardiac issues,” Manookian said.

‘Not Unreasonable’
Dr. Anish Koka, a cardiologist based in Philadelphia, reviewed the letter.

“I don’t think it’s unreasonable for the NFL Players Association to at least consider the fact that young healthy men now are at such low risk of COVID, do you want to take the risk of myocarditis related to the vaccine?” Koka told The Epoch Times.
Still, he advised against screening all players.

“If you randomly screen a bunch of NFL players with an MRI, you’re going to see some bright spots show up and you’re not going to have any real hard idea whether or not this is something real. And it could affect the career in terms of, does a team want to sign this player who has some questionable abnormality on a cardiac MRI? That would be terrible. So you don’t want to do that,” Koka said. “So you have to be really, really careful about how you screen these folks and make sure that you don’t end people’s careers for no reason.”

COVID-19 can also lead to myocarditis and heart issues, according to some research. Other papers indicate that COVID-19 infection doesn’t lead to an increase in myocarditis or pericarditis. Autopsy data haven’t supported the idea that COVID-19 heightens the risk, according to Koka.

Screening can lead to an increase in myocarditis detection. MRI screening led to a 7.4-fold increase in detection among college athletes over symptom-based screening, according to one study.

Manookian said it’s important to discover whether players have myocarditis but said the screening should be voluntary, not mandatory.

“This is about raising awareness about a potential health problem and providing the opportunity for the players to have access to testing and screening. And if a problem is determined, then some kind of healing protocol for them,” she said.

Rest is generally the main component of myocarditis recovery. Medicine is typically prescribed for recovery from cardiac arrest.
If an athlete with myocarditis passes certain cardiac tests and doesn’t have arrhythmias after six months, then they could potentially play again, according to Koka. Five athletes for whom suggestions of myocarditis or pericarditis were found returned to play without cardiac injury, researchers reported in 2021. It’s unclear whether Hamlin will return. He told ABC that’s his goal.

Former Packer leading the charge for openness, testing, and medical freedom
Go Packers!!!!
beast
a year ago
I hope people realize "The Epoch Times" is owned and operated by the Falun Gong religious cult. And you should believe them just as much (or as little) as you believe the Scientology religious cult. They're just run and operated much better than Scientology.

UserPostedImage
Martha Careful
a year ago

I hope people realize "The Epoch Times" is owned and operated by the Falun Gong religious cult. And you should believe them just as much (or as little) as you believe the Scientology religious cult. They're just run and operated much better than Scientology.

attack the source!?! why not address the facts?  Do you Trust the NYT? WAPO? If so open your eyes and see sunlight…assess the facts, not just yhe source.
Why do you think Hamlin did not want to answer the “what was the cause?” question?

Go Packers!!!!
beast
a year ago

attack the source!?! why not address the facts?  Do you Trust the NYT? WAPO? If so open your eyes and see sunlight…assess the facts, not just yhe source.
Why do you think Hamlin did not want to answer the “what was the cause?” question?

Originally Posted by: Martha Careful 

Yes attack the Chinese Cult Yellow Journalism!

Damn, they really got you 😂 

As for the COVID stuff, there is absolutely no point in talking about it. I already waste too much of my time on pointless things, like sports talk, which I enjoy.

There is no reason in discussing science or politics to people whom truly don't give a shit, whom just going to dismiss everyone else and stick with their own opinion, and unlike sports, I don't enjoy debating.

So what's the point of doing something that you don't enjoy and don't have to do? There is none.

But I do enjoy pointing out the truth that, weather or not this article is good or bad (it really doesn't matter, because my comment is not about this article), that people need to be careful with any and all cults... and "The Epoch Times" is owned and operated by a cult.
​​​​​
Some have suggested The Manson Family has also had some good quotes, comments or advice. But it's still a cult.

That doesn't mean they're wrong when they say something. One should try to know the biased of information they're reading, and yes almost all of not all have major biased.
Some of Falun Gong religious biases are 
​​​​​
~ Anti-China (the Nation, they are Chinese and love the Chinese but hate the Nation)
~ Anti-communism (American like that one)
​​​​​~ Anti-evolution
~ Alternative Medicine (positive religious energies will protect you so you don't need vaccines)
~ Anti-homosexual~ Pro Racially segregation 
~ Founder believes evil aliens trying to take over the earth by corrupting humans
~ Aliens (evil or not) gave humans technology such as airplanes and computers
~ Transformation and higher dimensions (kind of just like Scientology)

So they're biased against any and all vaccines to start with... well before Covid. The fact that Covid came from their arch enemy (China) just gave them all the more reason to stoke the conspiracy fires.

I'm pretty sure they would love a Chinese war, as they would hope the Chinese government is over thrown. 

Performance arts group Shen Yun, the media organization The Epoch Times, and a variety of other organizations such as New Tang Dynasty Television operate as extensions of Falun Gong. These extensions promote Falun Gong and Hongzhi's teachings, and, in the case of The Epoch Times, promote conspiracy theories and far-right politics in both the United States and Europe. According to a 2020 report by Los Angeles Magazine: In 2000, Li founded Epoch Times to disseminate Falun Gong talking points to American readers. Six years later he launched Shen Yun as another vehicle to promote his teachings to mainstream Western audiences. Over the years Shen Yun and Epoch Times, while nominally separate organizations, have operated in tandem in Falun Gong’s ongoing PR campaign against the Chinese government, taking directions from Li.
 Despite its conservative agenda, Epoch Times took pains until recently to avoid wading into partisan U.S. politics.

That all changed in June 2015 after Donald Trump descended on a golden escalator to announce his presidential candidacy, proclaiming that he "beat China all the time". In Trump, Falun Gong saw more than just an ally—it saw a savior. As a former Epoch Times editor told NBC News, the group’s leaders "believe that Trump was sent by heaven to destroy the communist party".[42]
 The exact financial and structural connections between Falun Gong, Shen Yun, and The Epoch Times remains unclear. According to NBC News: The Epoch Media Group, along with Shen Yun, a dance troupe known for its ubiquitous advertising and unsettling performances, make up the outreach effort of Falun Gong, a relatively new spiritual practice that combines ancient Chinese meditative exercises, mysticism and often ultraconservative cultural worldviews. Falun Gong’s founder has referred to Epoch Media Group as "our media", and the group’s practice heavily informs The Epoch Times' coverage, according to former employees who spoke with NBC News.
 The Epoch Times, digital production company NTD and the heavily advertised dance troupe Shen Yun make up the nonprofit network that Li calls "our media". Financial documents paint a complicated picture of more than a dozen technically separate organizations that appear to share missions, money and executives. Though the source of their revenue is unclear, the most recent financial records from each organization paint a picture of an overall business thriving in the Trump era.[43]
 Reporter Bethany Allen-Ebrahimian speculates that Li Hongzhi's anti-miscegenation beliefs, based on the argument that multiracial heritage has no place in a supposedly race-segregated heaven, could have influenced The Epoch Times' support of German far-right nativism.[28]

Wiki on their leader Li_Hongzhi  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Martha Careful
a year ago
ok forget about Epoch Times
go to the source. Former Packer, Dr Ken Ruettgers
https://rumble.com/v27wjde-sudden-athlete-death-syndrome.html 
Go Packers!!!!
earthquake
a year ago
I wont suggest that there are no side effects from the Covid-19 vaccine (there are, just like all vacines and every type of medicine). But it's important to recognize that the risk of myocarditis, blood clots, etc, is much higher if you... get Covid-19. It also bears mentioning that student and professional athletes, who need to travel for meets, games, share locker rooms and practice in close proximity to one another, and who probably like to go out to bars, clubs, etc when not engaging in some sort of sport, are generally at high risk of catching Covid-19.

But I mean it's much more exciting if it's some sort of conspiracy that the world's governments are collectively hushing up, right?

As to Hamlin not wanting to get dragged into a debate with the tinfoil hat types by answering a loaded question, can you really blame the guy? If I was a public figure I wouldn't want to touch this topic with a 10 mile long pole either. Or if he thinks or has been told it may be a symptom of the vaccine, do you think he wants to be the poster child for this kind of debate and have the national media focus on this rather than his charity work or his recovery? I wouldn't wish that sort of attention on anyone. The only thing dodging that question shows is that Hamlin has a functioning brain.

In any case, rumble.com is another horribly biased, inaccurate source of information .
blank
Martha Careful
a year ago

In any case, rumble.com is another horribly biased, inaccurate source of information .

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Rumble is simply a less censored version of youtube.   Yes there are crackpots on rumble, just like anywhere. 

But, if you have been at all paying attention to the reporting of Matt Taibbi and others, or listened to congressional testimony by Tulsi Gabbard, amongst others (thank God for Elon Musk by the way), you have seen how much censorship Youtube, Twitter, et al have been engaged in regard to so many issues, so Rumble is a one of the places those who have been censored go to 'publish'.   Rumble is simply a mechanism, a tool, not a news source, so any "fact check" rumble is irrelevant.   Any journalist, publisher, influencer who only relied on google, youtube and twitter would be a fool as they have shown their incredible bias.   Next, one of you will be posting a factcheck that Substack, a dissemination tool for independent writers is, innaccurate!!! 

I, like so many others, do not trust WAPO, NYT, and other media outlets as they censor, are biased and don't report...they have an agenda...https://knightfoundation.org/press/releases/gallup-knight-poll-americans-concerns-about-media-bias-deepen-even-as-they-see-it-as-vital-for-democracy/   So I choose to read a broader variety of sources.  I try to look at the facts in the stories and draw my own conclusions....I really miss the old CNN

And regarding myocarditis perhaps you missed the news item from the Florida Surgeon General.  https://www.floridahealth.gov/newsroom/2023/02/20230215-updated-health-alert.pr.html 

The original idea of this thread was to tie in Ken Ruettgers a former Packer with a current issue, but I guess that got lost in the shuffle.  After this post I will drop it.
Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (9h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (9h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (9h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (10h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (11h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

18-Apr / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.