beast
3 years ago

If he didn't have a weapon, in theory, this should have been stopped before he even got to the car, but I can give them a pass on failing to physically engage with the numbers advantage, as I think they were shocked/surprised he didn't stop and pay attention when they pulled their weapons. Though if he didn't have a weapon, they still should have attempted that with the clear numbers advantage.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Update, they supposedly did physical engage and had him on the ground, only to lose control of him... which supposively there is new video of this, but I couldn't get it to actually play the video, to confirm with my own two eyes.

So sounds like they did attempt to physical engage (so my previous statement needed updating), but they once again lost control (just like the one in Atlanta).

Seems like they need either more and/or better training at keeping control while physically engaged, which I remember the new training office that was interviewed after the Atlanta shooting basically straight up said they're not getting enough. I believe he said it was like once a month for a few hours, where they only had time to review the basics and practice some.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
I encourage you to take FIVE minutes of your day to listen to Robert Kennedy.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Do you all remember the Rodney King incident from years ago? Cops tried to pull him over, and he led them on a high speed chase. He could have killed innocent people with that act. Fortunately no one was killed.
When his car finally stopped, he got out and ignored the police when they tried to arrest him. They tased him several times, but he was so high on drugs it had no affect on him. King was a very large man, and he fought them all the way. The cops finally pulled out their batons and beat him until they could cuff him.
And what ended up happening? The cops were treated like criminals and King got a huge payout.
Another situation of “what were they supposed to do?”
All of these things have the same common thread. “The hell with what the cops say! I’m gonna do whatever I want!” And it almost always ends with someone severely hurt or dead.
Cops have a hard enough job without having to put up with that crap.
When are people going to be held accountable for their own actions?
Nah.....much easier to blame the police then to point the finger at the real cause! People being defiant to the police. The Floyd incident was a result of the same thing. Had he just not fought back, it wouldn’t have escalated to what it ended up being. And again, the cop that knelt on his neck MUST be held accountable for what he did. Floyd was under complete control by that point. I’m in no way condoning that cops actions.
UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago
It is usually possible to spin most situations to fit a political or other view. This case is not about RFK or MLK or BLM or any other extraneous views that one can throw into the stew pot. It is simply about police officers doing their jobs correctly during an environment of social unrest.

This case is as clear as crystal. The suspect was in the wrong and the police were in the right.

period

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

It is usually possible to spin most situations to fit a political or other view. This case is not about RFK or MLK or BLM or any other extraneous views that one can throw into the stew pot. It is simply about police officers doing their jobs correctly during an environment of social unrest.

This case is as clear as crystal. The suspect was in the wrong and the police were in the right.

period

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Who's trying to make this a case about Robert Kennedy or Martin Luther King?

I see some don't want to take five minutes to watch Robert Kennedy speak, maybe you'll read his words instead.

Senator Robert F. Kennedy
Indianapolis, Indiana
April 4, 1968

I have bad news for you, for all of our fellow citizens, and people who love peace all over the world, and that is that Martin Luther King was shot and killed tonight.

Martin Luther King dedicated his life to love and to justice for his fellow human beings, and he died because of that effort.

In this difficult day, in this difficult time for the United States, it is perhaps well to ask what kind of a nation we are and what direction we want to move in. For those of you who are black--considering the evidence there evidently is that there were white people who were responsible--you can be filled with bitterness, with hatred, and a desire for revenge. We can move in that direction as a country, in great polarization--black people amongst black, white people amongst white, filled with hatred toward one another.

Or we can make an effort, as Martin Luther King did, to understand and to comprehend, and to replace that violence, that stain of bloodshed that has spread across our land, with an effort to understand with compassion and love.

For those of you who are black and are tempted to be filled with hatred and distrust at the injustice of such an act, against all white people, I can only say that I feel in my own heart the same kind of feeling. I had a member of my family killed, but he was killed by a white man. But we have to make an effort in the United States, we have to make an effort to understand, to go beyond these rather difficult times.

My favorite poet was Aeschylus. He wrote: "In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God."

What we need in the United States is not division; what we need in the United States is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence or lawlessness; but love and wisdom, and compassion toward one another, and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or they be black.

So I shall ask you tonight to return home, to say a prayer for the family of Martin Luther King, that's true, but more importantly to say a prayer for our own country, which all of us love--a prayer for understanding and that compassion of which I spoke.

We can do well in this country. We will have difficult times; we've had difficult times in the past; we will have difficult times in the future. It is not the end of violence; it is not the end of lawlessness; it is not the end of disorder.

But the vast majority of white people and the vast majority of black people in this country want to live together, want to improve the quality of our life, and want justice for all human beings who abide in our land.

Let us dedicate ourselves to what the Greeks wrote so many years ago: to tame the savageness of man and make gentle the life of this world.

Let us dedicate ourselves to that, and say a prayer for our country and for our people.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

Who's trying to make this a case about Robert Kennedy or Martin Luther King?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This case, and most others, shouldn’t have anything to do with the color of someone’s skin. This isn’t about African Americans not being allowed to eat at restaurant counters, or not having equal rights. It’s about how ANYONE should react when confronted by the police.
Black/white whatever. Don’t act like a fool and most likely nothing horrible will happen to you. This isn’t about racial injustice. It’s more a common sense issue. Taking responsibility for your actions.

Seeing people with an agenda using something like this as a race thing is twisting the truth to try to fit preconceived ideas. The media is throwing gasoline on the fire instead of doing what it SHOULD do by calling out the man that didn’t comply with the orders from the police.
I had to turn off the radio this morning. I got tired of listening to all the lack of reporting the TRUTH about what happened.
In the end I bet the cop that shot him will be vilified, and the man that disobeyed the cops will be made out to be some kind of hero and get a huge payout.
When will this kind of crap end?
Then people come up from Illinois and join the “protest” (riot). Just an excuse to riot, loot and start fires. It’s sickening. And it does nothing good.
You can recite Robert Kennedy’s speech and it would fit right in with what we see happening today.
Its over 50 years, and we still are stuck in the mud. But 50 years ago blacks were still fighting for actual equal rights. Now it’s revenge for what they see as horrible police killing innocent people. Ignoring what those so called innocent people did that most likely ended up causing their own demise.
Then the follow up riots that happened.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
3 years ago

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

You can recite Robert Kennedy’s speech and it would fit right in with what we see happening today.

Its over 50 years, and we still are stuck in the mud. But 50 years ago blacks were still fighting for actual equal rights. Now it’s revenge for what they see as horrible police killing innocent people. Ignoring what those so called innocent people did that most likely ended up causing their own demise.

Then the follow up riots that happened.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

The message is key. Look at what gets spread around. Look whats get attention. Robert's message is lost. That's absolutely bullshit. If Roberts message was shoved all over the internet, recited over and over again ... it would make a difference. Instead, what gets thrown in our faces non-stop? More snippets of events with fully charged reactions. Why? We don't want to take the TIME to UNDERSTAND the situation when it's so much more convenient to REACT without thought.

Social media and media in general are part of the problem. They throw fuel onto the fire. And when more details come out proving their "first to report" trash, they issue an apology. Too late, damage is done.

Check this out. An article just came out and it has Blake being dead. Maybe he is, but last I read he was in stable condition and doctors say they don't know how long his paralysis will last.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29754265/michael-jordan-urges-owners-meeting-listening-better-talking 
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Kind of a different topic here, but do you see what's going on and wonder ... where is this rage when school shootings happen? Sandy Hook, Umpqua Community College and Parkland -- I don't think any professional sport team boycotted on the level we're seeing currently. Is the difference that we feel school shootings are not preventable but excessive force by police is preventable?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

Kind of a different topic here, but do you see what's going on and wonder ... where is this rage when school shootings happen? Sandy Hook, Umpqua Community College and Parkland -- I don't think any professional sport team boycotted on the level we're seeing currently. Is the difference that we feel school shootings are not preventable but excessive force by police is preventable?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Excessive force by police is preventable. All you have to do is get black men to comply with the police if they are pulled over. I think the Chris Rock clip in this thread says it all.
If you look at all these incidents where men are injured or killed, what is the common thread? You know the answer.
School shootings can’t be used as race baiting, and thus not worth their time. JMO of course.
UserPostedImage