Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Jordan Love is 21. Joe Burrow is 23. Love will get two years of learning behind Aaron Rodgers and tutoring from an NFL coaching staff before he's 23 years old. I think Love is in a better situation and wouldn't at all be surprised if he ends up having a better career than Burrow. Preposterous thought that Love could be better than Burrow, right?
UserPostedImage
3 years ago
It's all going to depend on his ability to learn the offense and process reads quickly. He has all the talent in the world. Love definitely has the better situation.
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
Now Burrow. 6 years from now...who knows
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Now Burrow. 6 years from now...who knows

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Love has it better now. That's easy. Bengals or Packers. Easy.

Who'll be better? I'm gonna roll with Love. Admittedly, it's probably green gold goggles homer talk. Love has been raved about his physical tools. Tools that can't be taught. His negative is his decision making. I belive decision making can be improved.

We'll see.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
I'm going with Love, because you can't trust the Bengals owner, and he's the cheapest billionaire I've ever heard of and claiming the team is somehow losing 40 million per year (which if true that'd be because the worthless GM (aka the owner) is somehow miss managing the money, or finding ways to put it in his pockets.

To my knowledge, he's still the only owner that's been caught misappropriating revenue to that he didn't have to put it in the 32 teams shared pit that get split with the Players, instead pocketing all of it, and he fought the union when caught, but from the article I read it sounded pretty dang clear they purposely went well out if their way to disguise it, before doit it, which sounded like they knew they were in a cover up ahead of time.

People trash Marvin Lewis as a horrible coach for never being able to win a playoff game, while I'm still shocked that he just able to get to the playoffs so often considering he was basically doing it despite the owner instead of with him.

As the official owner of the Bengals, he has not yet had a winning season without without Lewis.

Marvin Lewis had to fight hard to get the owner to open up that wallet, when Lewis took over, the Bengals budget for scouting was lowest in the league, but also supposedly about half of 2nd lowest in the league.

The owner is supposedly completely loyal to a fault, and some rumors suggest Lewis had to use that against him, telling him, he wasn't going to resign unless the owner put them on par asset wise with the other teams, so he got very close to the second lowest team.

Weeks leading up to the draft, reports came out that maybe Burrow should pull an John Elway or Eli Manning and refuse to sign there (which it's his home area, and he'd like to make them proud and happy).

Also weeks leading up to the draft, it was reported Joe Burrow was making demands of the Bengals it he wouldn't sign with them. Which got some negative press as he looks like a prima donna, but later it came out, he was just demanding that the Bengals put in the assist to be competitive so that they can win.

But I'm getting the feeling, that's the only way you can talk him into spreading money...cus he's losing so much (he claims)
UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago

Love has it better now. That's easy. Bengals or Packers. Easy.

Who'll be better? I'm gonna roll with Love. Admittedly, it's probably green gold goggles homer talk. Love has been raved about his physical tools. Tools that can't be taught. His negative is his decision making. I belive decision making can be improved.

We'll see.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Burrow is going to get thrown into "NFL Fire" on day one/game one. Much of his success/safty will depend upon his protection.

Love will get a taste of the NFL as he plays in Preseason games. He will be afforded the chance to learn from Aaron Rodgers, who is not at all going to be made nervous over Jordan Love. In fact, Rodgers has a history of good chemistry with fellow California teammates. Yes J. Love did play at Utah State, but his roots were/are in Bakersfield, California.

As for Love's decision making, Utah State changed HC from the 2018 season when Love had his best numbers. The fact is that Utah State's 2019 HC lost a lot of seniors from the 2018 team, and as a result had Love taking greater risk as the Aggies were losing games. Let's not place any judgements right away. Also, as a rookie, Love can be expected to not be perfect.

So GB did not Draft a WR, R-E-L-A-X ! GM Gutekunst has not been living on Mars. He is fully aware of the Packers WR needs. Unlike TT, this GM is not afraid to hire Free Agent Talent. D.Funchess has already come to GB and I look to see others join the Packers that will find a better environment than they left. Players come and they go, I believe that Gutekunst will address this need the same way as he did last season when he did good by hiring two fellows named Smith.

My take on the draft is that yes GB took a QB, a RB, and a TE first and then they took a LB/an OL/a C/an OT/a S/a DL/and an OLB (Edge Rusher). Overall not that flashy, but the Packers depth at many positions has been bolstered for years to come. The importance of which is always present as unforeseen injuries place players on the sidelines and all eyes look to their backups. Sometimes not doing things as everyone else does is a very good thing in the long run. Also, GB's GM is looking at the finite amount of Dollars he has and will have to spend on players. There is a difference between being cheap and being picking up already vetted players that can do better in GB than their former teams.

Wait and see, WR changes are coming. R-E-L-A-X !!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
The 2 reasons I see as to why fans are getting so worked up about not picking a WR are:
1. The bad WR situation we had last year.
2. All the pre draft talk about how GREAT this draft was as far WRs go.

If the guys we already have step up big, then it won’t end up being a big deal. Were they bad because of injuries? If so, they might be able to make huge improvements.
So the Packer brass might know a lot more then any of us know.
UserPostedImage
warhawk
3 years ago
The thing is if this had happened next year and Love was drafted there would probably be a lot less push back. The problem is Love won't be there next year. So the question is would the Packers have the opportunity over the next year or two to get the talent Love possesses? Obviously Gute didn't want to take that chance.

Another question is who HAD it better? Burrow played on a team that saw 14 players drafted. Utah St had one and guess who that was? I may be guessing here but if Burrow had played for Utah St and Love for LSU do you think there would have been any chance at getting Love at #26?. Would Joe Burrow have had any chance to go #1? I'm pretty confident the answer to both of those questions is no. Not taking anything away from Burrow or Tua for that matter. They worked hard and earned their way to what they achieved. Just pointing out that once they got there they got a lot of help.

In the end with all the question marks and failures at the QB position sooner or later it comes down to taking a shot. Gute took his. All we can do now as sit back and see how it goes.

"The train is leaving the station."
3 years ago
Overall, I'm thinking Love has it better. Bengals OL is average @ best, plus their qb was sacked 48 times, Rodgers 36 times. Good luck not getting injured. I am not a Burrow fan, just something about him I do not like. He also seems like he has a big head. They already have him "predicted" to be Rookie Offensive Player of the Year. Yea, Burrows had quite a few great players on the LSU squad, not so much for his new team. Bold Prediction on him...BUST
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.