Nonstopdrivel
3 years ago
A comment from the article posted by nerdmann:

I find it interesting when people claim to be Packer fans, yet fail to actually watch the games. The Packers DO NOT need help at WR. Rodgers just needs to start throwing the ball to open receivers. Davante Adams missed 4 games this last year forcing Rodgers to look for someone besides him. In those 4 games the Packers were 4-0 and had their 3 highest scoring totals of the entire season… HELLO?

Maybe, just maybe, the coaches and personnel guys really do know what they’re doing?

Roggie wrote:

I really don’t care what the ‘experts’ all think. The reality is Green Bay is a 13-3 team without a receiver.
What the brain deads of media kiper-analysis haven’t figured out is Mike McCarthy isn’t coaching. Matt LaF’s offense is built around the run and short passes.

Should there be a season and the Packers again go 13-3, will any of the brain deads step forward to say, ‘ooops’. I don’t think so.

HarryHodag wrote:

The optimism of this comment made me chuckle:

Green Bay gets basically a failing grade. Great; there is nowhere to go but up.

NoZack wrote:

This commenter took things to a dark place though:

I cannot see any reason to attempt disagreement. I do think that the Rodgers extension was more about buying his allegiance to the MLF offense, but after last season, regardless of the perceived success as being a starting point going forward by many, this draft and the disregard for weapons that Rodgers wants and needs, they envision his compliance to be at hand via the lack of new toys for him. This approach will backfire as did the extension to buy his total compliance.

TarynMiller wrote:

UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
3 years ago

Exactly. Unlike Ted Thompson, Gutekunst seems to be a pretty straight shooter. If he says he didn't see any wide receivers on the board who were likely to make the roster, I'm inclined to believe him. Fans and pundits are roasting him now, but how furiously would they be raking him over the coals if one of the receivers he took ended up on the waiver wire? Which is worse: to not take a receiver at all, or to waste a pick on a player who fails to make the final cut? This was clearly a scheme-oriented draft with an eye to the next two or three years. If neither LaFleur nor the scouting staff saw a player they felt would be a fit in their system, it stands to reason that Gutekunst would prioritize other needs.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Who is to say the players he took instead will make the final cut? Late round picks are a toss up to make the team, no matter the position.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Who is to say the players he took instead will make the final cut? Late round picks are a toss up to make the team, no matter the position.

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Exactly. So you take the player your scouting department feels is best. If grades are similar, you lean towards what you perceive to be a need. There's also this salary cap that comes into play too.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
3 years ago
A comment over on CheeseheadTV :

Did anyone watch last season and think, "Oooh, we made it to the NFC Championship, we're SO close! We just need a WR!" ? Seriously, most of us spent the season amazed that the Packers kept winning games. The blowout losses vs, San Francisco underscored that we needed some major changes, and I think this draft is the Packers' response to that. I too expected/wanted a DL, as I perceived it to be the weakest spot on the roster, and I'm still hoping we add someone before the season begins, but I think the retooling of the offense is the most interesting part of this off-season. There were many games last year where the DEFENSE is what won/kept us in games; it's easy to forget that, because we are so used to Rodgers being the reason we won close games.
I wasn't a Love fan going into the draft, but having read and seen more afterwards, I have to admit that if the staff thinks he can be somewhere between Dak Prescott and Aaron Rodgers after they develop him for two years, using the 30th pick (what used to be the last pick in the first round, virtually a SECOND round pick), on a franchise QB, seems like a very good investment.
Anyone who follows Cheeseheadtv and Acmepacking knows I've been a huge fan of AJ Dillon since, well, last fall, knows that I think he's a franchise back, worthy of a first round selection. I completely agree with the Packers that AJ was a BPA, and I think he is going to have a tremendous impact on the play-action offense that LaFleur embraces.
DeGuara is the really interesting pick; LaFleur apparently LOVES him as a player and locker room presence, and Lafleur has shown a knack for team building--something McCarthy always srived for, but never seemed to achieve. It won't surprise me if Deguara becomes the fans' most popular player three years from now. I think we're going to see him used in a lot of fun ways, and appreciate his effort and interviews/leadership.
It's a wait-and-see time for everything; I'm just hoping we have some sort of NFL future that is similar to the past one that we've loved.
P.E.O.

PackEyedOptimist wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
After those 49ers losses, my first thought was if we had a WR from the 2020 draft the 49ers wouldn't be able to run all over the Packers!

The statement that a late 1st round is basically a 2nd round is BS. I hate that argument. Early 2nd round picks are spoken about almost being 1st round. It's not a gray area. You can't be kind of pregnant. You either are, or are not.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: go.pack.go. 

Without seeing a single player perform I predict only 1 of the 3 linemen taken in the 6th round make the team. I am guessing Runyon makes it. Hanson is on the PS.

In the 7th, Garvin only makes it if they walk away from Montravius Adams but I think that will be after camp and preseason games.
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
3 years ago

After those 49ers losses, my first thought was if we had a WR from the 2020 draft the 49ers wouldn't be able to run all over the Packers!

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

This made me laugh. Well done.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Interesting.

UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
3 years ago
I've seen that post about Aaron only throwing 1 td to 1 first round pick all over the place. Then I started looking at the other names and realized it was conveniently missing key players to try and make some type of point. I don't know the exact number, but Matt Ryan has a huge number of TD passes to first round picks (just checking some stats he has 159 tds to the 4 players that immediately came to my mind as present and past teammates). Matt Stafford is in at least the Dan Marino range. Neither of those guys have won anything.
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I've seen that post about Aaron only throwing 1 td to 1 first round pick all over the place. Then I started looking at the other names and realized it was conveniently missing key players to try and make some type of point. I don't know the exact number, but Matt Ryan has a huge number of TD passes to first round picks (just checking some stats he has 159 tds to the 4 players that immediately came to my mind as present and past teammates). Matt Stafford is in at least the Dan Marino range. Neither of those guys have won anything.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

What also isn't taken into consideration is the WR's drafted in round one that snagged lots of TD's came from teams who were crap and picked high. Julio Jones comes to mind. Sterling Sharpe.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (49m) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (4h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.