Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Hey, fellow Packers fans, WE STOLE THIS KID!!!!! OMG!!!! I think this is going to be VERY good for our defense...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

He won't survive the second cut down day. Hold off buying your jersey.
UserPostedImage
play2win
9 years ago

He won't survive the second cut down day. Hold off buying your jersey.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

WTF?

[-x

πŸ˜†
uffda udfa
9 years ago

I think you might be firing up some stuff of which you have zero first hand knowledge. Do you know anything about this kid and his story? I don't, but I'm willing to wait and see what he brings to the Packers, and I trust their staff.

This tweeted from Josh Sanchez @jnsanchez Editor In Chief at FanSided:

He didn't get drafted because he was taken off many boards due to questions about an enlarged heart. He's been cleared, and I have to say he handled it pretty well from his own comments on the issue, where he stated he just has to take a different path to the NFL. That is pretty positive to me.

Check out this interview, and note his first two players he emulates after his tide teammates... of all players it is Matthews and Peppers. This was an interview done way before the draft...

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1378086-hd-video-alabama-lb-adrian-hubbard?s=73 

He comes off in this interview as a pretty polished, well spoken, confident player who knows what he wants to do in the NFL and what he brings to the team.

I think we stole him away from some pretty serious teams because of Lacy...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

We don't know any more about why he was taken off draft boards than we do if he's not a nut case. None of us know the guy. Nawrocki wrote what he wrote for a reason. Walter Football wrote what they wrote for a reason and so did Josh Sanchez at Fansided. Trying to discern the motives is never a 100% proposition but I'm inclined to believe the kid has issues more than I am to trust Fansided. A lot of times to get interviews with athletes you have to make them a deal. Sanchez may have told him he'd put out the word he's fantastic. We don't know but that happens in the media world. Why would Nawrocki put that out there? He caused a furor when he wrote something similar about ... Geno Smith? I don't recall for sure but all this stuff came out to counter what Nawrocki had written saying it was wrong and so and so was a great guy and teammate. Nawrocki stuck to his guns. I think it was Geno Smith but I need to research it to be sure.

In any case, I'm intrigued with him and hope he has the head and the heart and talent to do the job. He has unique things about him.

EDIT: It was Geno Smith and Cam Newton before him...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/01/nawrocki-provides-scathing-assessment-of-geno-smith/ 
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

play2win
9 years ago
Tell you what uffs, read this Q&A from just before the draft, on April 19th and ask yourself if you are really being fair to the man...

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/4/19/5625936/2014-nfl-draft-adrian-hubbard-interview-alabama 

He sounds like a very focused, professional person, one who readily acknowledged the things he felt he needed to work on. Also, note his comments on Peppers, and imagine how excited he must be to be on the same team as him.

UserPostedImage

Here's what Hubbard had to say on your boy's comments:

Right before the NFL Combine, there was an NFL.com report by Nolan Nawrocki that took you a little bit by surprise, questioning your character. How did you respond to that?

It was really ironic because I was leaving from talking to some kids down by where I was training about finishing school and being the best person you can off the field, then I get the text from my friends saying, "Hey man, there's an article about you saying that your attitude is bad" or whatnot.

I said, "Well, the best judge of character that I know is Coach Saban." Coach Saban is one of the best judges of character I know out there, he's one of the guys who can judge you like that, and you don't play or start on this team for two years, and you don't stay at the University of Alabama if your character is bad, because he's real big on character and integrity.

Zero2Cool
9 years ago
"you don't stay at the University of Alabama if your character is bad, because he's real big on character and integrity." about Nick Saban.

We should ask Miami Dolphins about Saban's character.
UserPostedImage
play2win
9 years ago

"you don't stay at the University of Alabama if your character is bad, because he's real big on character and integrity." about Nick Saban.

We should ask Miami Dolphins about Saban's character.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Wow. Who pissed in your Cornflakes?

I mean, don't get me wrong. I've heard enough about Saban myself from all the different media offerings over the years, but these are comments coming from a player who was raised in and bought into his system, one that was highly successful.

Our NFL Rookie of the Year, Eddie Lacy is from the same program. So is our #1 pick in the draft. Ha Ha.

Do you really feel it is helpful now to dissect the reasons why Saban left MIA? Could it have been that MIA was a Bullshit team? With a Bullshit owner?

Did you even read the Q&A? It was pretty damn good.

Here, I'll provide the link again:

Adrian Hubbard Q&A 
Pack93z
9 years ago
"Just working on violent, you know, how violent I need to be,"

One of my favorite players of the last couple decades was surly, ill-tempered and at time violent on the football field. Don't know that we have had that element since Wayne Simmons.. I certainly would welcome some nasty to the defense.

Personally his game against the Niners and Brent Jones was even more nasty.. but alas no video that I can find of that.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
9 years ago
That has to be a factor in coming to Green Bay maybe?

What about teams in the NFL that you just like? Did you have a childhood favorite?

I never grew up with a team. I grew up with a player, Julius Peppers. That was about it, though.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
9 years ago

"Just working on violent, you know, how violent I need to be,"

One of my favorite players of the last couple decades was surly, ill-tempered and at time violent on the football field. Don't know that we have had that element since Wayne Simmons.. I certainly would welcome some nasty to the defense.

Personally his game against the Niners and Brent Jones was even more nasty.. but alas no video that I can find of that.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

I'm just gonna say it. Goddam I love you Pack93z!!!!!!

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Too good. Yeah, we do need that same kind of nasty, and I think Ted added that with both the Hubbard signing and the Bradford selection. These guys have motors. Figure, opposite Matthews and Perry in rotation, with Peppers, Daniels and Jones on the line... WOW.

We may be seeing a whole new brand of football on D in GB.

BTW, thanks for the Simmons video clip. I miss that guy. He was phenomenal.
play2win
9 years ago

That has to be a factor in coming to Green Bay maybe?

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Yeah, the interview I posted previous to this one had him remarking on his two greatest influences. Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers was his answer... I believe he said that back in February.

He's gonna love this, being able to play with both of them!
Fan Shout
dfosterf (6h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (13h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (14h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (14h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? πŸ₯Ί I think that means you missed more than half of them 😒
dfosterf (18h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (20h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (20h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (20h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (20h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (20h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (20h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (20h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (20h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (20h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead πŸ€ͺ
Zero2Cool (20h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (21h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (21h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (21h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

18h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright Β© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comβ„’. All Rights Reserved.