Zero2Cool
11 years ago

CHATTANOOGA: Made a tremendous impact on the program since transferring from Tennessee ... 6,871 career passing yards, second all-time at UTC... fourth Moc to throw for 6,000 yards and sixth to reach 5,000 passing yardss ... school-record 52 career TD passes ... 21 200+ passing games, second on the Mocs' career list ... one of two Mocs in school history with six+ 300-yard passing games ... seven career rushing TDs.

2011 • SENIOR SEASON: 137-225 for 1527 passing yards in seven games ... threw for nine TDs and ran for another on the year ... career-high 60.9 completion percentage ... invited to the East-West Shrine game following his senior year ... 26-39 fro 232 yards and three TDs in his final game against Wofford ... left the Georgia Southern game with an injured throwing shoulder follwoing a late hit and did not return ... sat out three full games with the injury ... first time in his career he has missed time due to an injury ... he was 2-5 for 25 yards at that point in the game ... 19-33 for 253 yards and one TD against The Citadel ... also ran for a TD against the Bulldogs ... 22-42 for 260 yards and one TD at Appalachian State ... 26-40 for 277 yards and one TD at Eastern Kentucky ... 296 yards on 23-33 passing and one TD against Jacksonville State ... ran for a career-high 40 yards, including a two-point conversion ... 19-33 for 174 yards, one touchdown and one INT at Nebraska ... 2011 Walter Payton Award Watch List ... preseason second team All-SoCon.

2010 • JUNIOR SEASON: 2nd Team All-Southern Conference by the league's coaches ... one of three captains elected by his teammates ... 272.4 passing yards per game was seventh in the nation and No. 2 in the SoCon ... third in the SoCon and 21st in the nation with a 137.82 passer rating ... 2,996 passing yards in 2010, ranking third on the Mocs' single-season list ... 26 TD passes in 2010, second on the Mocs' single-season list, and No. 6 in the nation ... school record for a season is 27 by Chris Sanders in 1999 ... threw for 340 yards on 23-27 passing and three TDs against Appalachian State ... also ran for two TDs against the Mountaineers ... 375 yards on 24-32 passing against EKU ... four TD passes vs. the Colonels ... career-high 432 yards on 33-58 passing with two TDs at Furman ... 432 yards was the fifth most passing yards in a game in school history ... most passing yards in a game by a Moc since Cedric Stevens had 515 against Appalachian State in 2004 ... most passing yards in the SoCon this season and 3rd highest total in the NCAA this season ... 386 yards on 33-63 passing with a career-high five TDs against Elon ... 20-39 for 210 yards, one TD and no picks at Auburn ... 12-20 for 319 yards and four TDs against Samford ... 26.6 yards per completion vs. the Bulldogs...Academic All-SoCon ... made the Athletic Director's Honor Roll both semesters.

2009 • SOPHOMORE SEASON: Transfer from Tennessee with three years of eligibility remaining ... one of the highest-rated prep players to come to UTC ... won the starting QB job over senior Jare Gault...17 TDs against seven INTs ... first Moc to throw for 200+ yards in three-straight games since 2007... went four games and 186 pass attempts between his first two INTs this season ... 2,348 passing yards on the year, ranking No. 4 on the Mocs' single-season list ... seventh Moc to throw for 2,000 yards in a season and the first since 2004 ... first Moc with 1,000+ yards passing since 2007 ... 17 TDs is tied for seventh on the Mocs' single season list ... Season-high 356 yards against the Citadel ... went 39-61 against the Bulldogs for three TDs ... made the Dean's List both semesters.

2008 • FRESHMAN SEASON (TENNESSEE): Saw action in three games for the Vols ... 4-8 passing for 21 yards in a 20-10 win against Vanderbilt ... only pass attempts of the season ... also rushed for 24 yards on seven carries against the Commodores.

2007 • REDSHIRT SEASON (TENNESSEE): Sat out the 2007 season as a redshirt ... earned SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll recognition in 2007.

HIGH SCHOOL: Four-star rating from Rivals.com and Scout.com out of Chattanooga's McCallie School ... No. 10 pro-style QB by Rivals.com and No. 16 overall QB by Scout.com ... No. 90 overall QB by ESPN.com ... named TSWA first-team All-State for Division II AAA as a senior in 2006 and the American General Mr. Football Award Winner for Division II AAA as a senior and junior ... offensive MVP of the 2006 Chattanooga Times Free Press Best of Preps Team ... named to the Tennessean's Dream Team ... led the West All-Stars to a 35-25 victory in the East Meets West All-American football game in Orlando, Fla., completing 6-of-7 passes for 100 yards and one touchdown ... member of 2005 Chattanooga Times Free Press Best of Preps ... named all-district and all-region in 2006 ... completed 166-of-257 attempts for 2,927 yards and 19 touchdowns as a senior in 2006 ... also as a senior, carried 51 times for 241 yards and seven touchdowns ... threw for 2,203 yards and 19 touchdowns as a junior in 2005 ... as a sophomore in 2004, passed for 1,993 yards and 15 touchdowns ... holds school records for passing yards in a season and career and passing touchdowns in a season and career ... led McCallie to Division II-AAA State Title Game in 2006 ... three-year starter at quarterback ... three-year starter on the baseball team at pitcher and in the outfield ... coached at The McCallie School by Ralph Potter ... teammate of current Mocs Joel Bradford, Blake Coddington and Thomas Green at McCallie.

PERSONAL: Full name is Bryon Elwyn Coleman Jr. ... born September 16, 1988 ... father, Bryon, played four years at Chattanooga from 1977-80 and was a teammate of head coach Russ Huesman and assistant coach Russ Ehrenfeld ... younger brother, Jarrod, is a TE for the Mocs ... graduated with a degree in Communications in December 2011.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
11 years ago
Looks like he's got the size, height, mobility and all the basics you need to be groomed by Mike. Any word on his arm strength?

UPDATE: rotoworld 

Coleman stood out among the prospects at the East-West Shrine game as the lone quarterback with NFL arm strength and physical tools.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
11 years ago

Looks like he's got the size, height, mobility and all the basics you need to be groomed by Mike. Any word on his arm strength?

UPDATE: rotoworld 

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Heads on NFL channel liked his arm too. He will in up on PS.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
11 years ago
IMO its a great pick.

I expected him gone late 5th/early 6th. I picked Davis, then Moore, as seventh rounders. Coleman's better than both. Both in physical skills and in potential.

Great value-for-round.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Somewhere, there is a joke to be made about Brett Favre finally mentoring a Green Bay Packers backup quarterback, but let’s just stick to the facts: Seventh-round pick B.J. Coleman spent parts of January and February working out with the former Packers superstar, as they share the same agent, Bus Cook.

Jason Wilde wrote:

UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
11 years ago
Solid pick. Matt Flynn was a great 7th rounder, let's see if Ted hits again.
This is a placeholder
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (10h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (12h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (13h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (15h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (16h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Around The NFL / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.