Zero2Cool
a year ago
My fanhood started with Don Majkowski. Yeah, I remember guys like Anthony Dilweg, Blair Kiel, etc, but Majk was my guy! I even had the mullet. Then we got Brett Favre. We didn't know if that deep pass was going to make us pump our fist in excitement, or if we were going to be cussing the man out. Then we get Aaron Charles Rodgers. Holy Shit, we are lucky!

I know the world is taking Aaron Rodgers for granted. People are so quick to forget the bullshit he endured before he even stepped on the field. Yeah, lot of players drop in the draft, but Rodgers had ESPN cameras in his damn face over and over and over again. 

Then Favre retires and the keys are handed over to Rodgers. A month or so later, Favre unretires. Do you remember the outrage, the angst that was spewed at Aaron Rodgers? He had people threatening him. He had little kids saying "fuck you" to him. And for what? What did he do to deserve this? Nothing. 

Yet, he handled it all with dignity, poise and class. And then a handful of years later reward that same ungrateful slew of fans with an amazing 2010 season that ended with another Super Bowl victory.

Thank you, Aaron.

Before he became the starter, Aaron said something that has stuck with me. He was asked something about if he could be a great QB or how he wanted to be remembered. Something on those lines. He responded something about he wanted to be remembered as a good person first, and good football player after. That really hit home for me. This kid in his early 20's had a perspective that most don't achieve until twice his age. It was more important to be a good human being, than a good football player. Perspective. We all could use some.

When we were leaving the stadium last night, down the stairs because god forbid our bottled water damage the escalators, I heard Packers fans saying some crappy (albeit true) things. Rodgers needs to go. Rodgers is the problem. Rodgers doesn't have it anymore. I started telling my daughter about the comments and said it's disheartening how quick we forget the good times Rodgers gave us. And then I heard someone a half flight of stairs ahead of us say "I love him, but Rodgers is done" and I looked at my daughter and said "that guy gets it". 

We say we have to love someone enough to let them go, right? So, in the immortal words of Kevin Greene, "it is time".  I know the salary cap is an issue. I know his contract is an issue. I also know they can figure it out. Assuming he wants to continue playing, I say let him go play out west with the Raiders and reunite with Davante Adams. Get a draft pick or two and part ways amicably. 

Thank you, Aaron.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
You guys disgust me.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
a year ago

You guys disgust me.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Not sure if this was sarcastic or not but, give it time. I agree with alot of what you said above but am not ready to look past his disappointing performance in the final week and the negative impact his contract is going to have on the team next year.  I think many of us recognize how lucky we are to have back to back HOF QBs. I am greedy and want a third!     
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Not sure if this was sarcastic or not but, give it time. I agree with alot of what you said above but am not ready to look past his disappointing performance in the final week and the negative impact his contract is going to have on the team next year.  I think many of us recognize how lucky we are to have back to back HOF QBs. I am greedy and want a third!     

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

More so joking, but also it is kind of sad how people will take the time to spit foul slanderous things but won't take same amount of time to appreciate. It's why News still profitable and why I think (generally speaking) people are idiots.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
A lot of old clips, but super relevant.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago
Having seen Starr along with Favre and Rodgers I appreciate how fortunate GB has been. I loved the Magic Man and was disappointed when some failure of a QB was taking his place. I couldn't believe they gave a 1st round pick for him. I was wrong. 
Aaron has been a class act throughout his career. I know he is quirky. I know that he has created some issues with the team. 
While I am interested to see if Love can join the pantheon I wouldn't mind watching AR12 one.more.time. I owuld like to see his swan song season be a little better than last year.

UserPostedImage
Pugger
a year ago

Having seen Starr along with Favre and Rodgers I appreciate how fortunate GB has been. I loved the Magic Man and was disappointed when some failure of a QB was taking his place. I couldn't believe they gave a 1st round pick for him. I was wrong. 
Aaron has been a class act throughout his career. I know he is quirky. I know that he has created some issues with the team. 
While I am interested to see if Love can join the pantheon I wouldn't mind watching AR12 one.more.time. I owuld like to see his swan song season be a little better than last year.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I still have a soft spot in my heart for Lynn Dickey.  He was great.  His problem was he was a statue and never had a decent defense behind him.
dhazer
a year ago

Originally Posted by: dyeah_gb 

You want to see what sarcasm looks like?   I have always back Rodgers from day one, I thought Favre should have been traded and let Rodgers start in his 2nd year. Rodgers to me is the GOAT.

now any of the old timers that been here since back in the days know that is sarcasm from me  as to this day I think he is over rated.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

You want to see what sarcasm looks like?   I have always back Rodgers from day one, I thought Favre should have been traded and let Rodgers start in his 2nd year. Rodgers to me is the GOAT.

now any of the old timers that been here since back in the days know that is sarcasm from me  as to this day I think he is over rated. 

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

You love the Lions.

I had to re-read my post. I'm actually kinda good at times.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
11 months ago
When Zero initially posted this thread, I tried to think of a good response to add to it but couldn't think of anything. With the trade today and Rodgers officially gone, I thought I'd come back to this post for some closure. Despite all the offseason non-sense the past few years, I'm thankful that Aaron Rodgers was our QB for the past decade and a half. Even now there's a small part of me that's a homer that wants the news to be false and that Rodgers is coming back for another shot. But all things come to an end and this no different. Today wasn't nearly as shocking as when Favre retired and Rodgers assumed the mantle but was inevitable once Love was drafted and maybe that's why today when the news broke it was relief rather than shock when it happened. No more wondering when the big change was gonna happen. It's here, and we gotta get used to it. But before we do that, I'll say thank you, Aaron. 
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.