Zero2Cool
a year ago

I should have said guard, but admittedly am simply bolstering my argument in that Jenkins is our most versatile lineman, I love Runyan right where he is, I think Jenkins helps a right tackle more than Runyan would. It is one less switcheroo, playing guard is more of a phone booth than a driveway, so interchangeability left to right for him seems the most logical of the options. Dude is a pro bowl guard. We need help on the right, we run to the right, Jenkins belongs on the right. Right?

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

You're (potentially) weakening both Guards for zero net gain. You're not really appreciating how difficult it is moving from one side of the line to other. We already see Jenkins struggling on the right side. If Runyan struggles, then you use a TE to chip and plus that's Rodgers view so he can see it coming. You protect your blindside, period. I don't know if you're being obtuse, or facetious or what, but this isn't really complicated.

We know 69 can play LT.
We know 74 can play LG.
We know 71 can play C.

Make that solid because it protects the QB's blind side.

Runyan already played RG last season.
Nijman has played RT before (albeit in College).

UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Defenses don't necessarily attack the blind side if the right side is perceived as weak in pass defense. We got Bak on the left, and book on him is pretty much wall. I believe bak and Runyan make a great blindside protection pair, and I believe that Jenkins will shore up someone like Nijman on the right. Jenkins isn't much of a tackle though, I think we can agree on that. Moving one slot to the left seems the answer, trotting Nijman out to rt. That is hardly radical as far as Jenkins is concerned.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Defenses don't necessarily attack the blind side if the right side is perceived as weak in pass defense. We got Bak on the left, and book on him is pretty much wall. I believe bak and Runyan make a great blindside protection pair, and I believe that Jenkins will shore up someone like Nijman on the right. Jenkins isn't much of a tackle though, I think we can agree on that. Moving one slot to the left seems the answer, trotting Nijman out to rt. That is hardly radical as far as Jenkins is concerned.

I'm definitely in the boot of less shifting of players, the better. I just think Jenkins on right side is C grade but on left is A grade. I think the dropoff of moving someone like Runyan to the right side is going to be less impactful.

There is also that coach who said Yosh didn't do so hot at RT tackle so I dunno. I would just rather plug people in where we know they are stellar instead of continuing to put round pegs in square "holes".
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago
We could also encourage the QB to get the ball out sooner, especially to the open guy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dfosterf
a year ago
Well, we all know they aren't going to do any of this until someone goes down with an injury, but it is something to bitch about on a Monday after a pretty hollow victory as victories go. I would definitely try either one of our lineups contrasted with what they (note "they"- see my post from a gazillion years ago regarding CORF, casting off reflected failure, vs BIRG, basking in reflected glory)
...are trotting out. I am of the firm belief that much of Aaron's failures to date can be traced directly to the right tackle position.
dfosterf
a year ago

We could also encourage the QB to get the ball out sooner, especially to the open guy.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I haven't looked so far this year, but he was down to 2.59 seconds average last year, fastest of his career. It looks about the same or better, but I could be wrong on that.

...but we'll go ahead and put it on the list of demands. 😆
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Well, we all know they aren't going to do any of this until someone goes down with an injury, but it is something to bitch about on a Monday after a pretty hollow victory as victories go. I would definitely try either one of our lineups contrasted with what they (note "they"- see my post from a gazillion years ago regarding CORF, casting off reflected failure, vs BIRG, basking in reflected glory)
...are trotting out. I am of the firm belief that much of Aaron's failures to date can be traced directly to the right tackle position.

I wasn't a fan of putting Jenkins on the right side. That said, he was facing a pretty damn good opponent so maybe that was it? Maybe he just needs more reps at RT? I think Bryan Bulaga is healthy. Jus. Sayin!!!
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
He'll ya. Where does Bulaga live these days? I think he's from Illinois. Since we don't have a corporate jet maybe we could charter zygi's to go get him.
nerdmann
a year ago

I look at it as not running the offense, hitting the open guy. I believe it is FIXABLE. We need to fix it soon, so we can tell how good we are, whether we need to make an acquisition before the playoffs.

As for RT, Jenkins has been out for awhile and has not even been a year post surgery. He might struggle against really good defensive ends like this guy. He will also get better.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
beast
a year ago
Last week the plan seemed to be, one series Bakhtiari, then one series Nijman at LT for the Packers.

I've read the plan this week was supposed to be two series Bakhtiari, and one series Nijman... but Nijman was dealing with an illness and at halftime, Bakhtiari declared he's doing every series...

So I think they wanted to make sure Bakhtiari was good, before potentially moving Nijman. Now that Bakhtiari seems to be good, I expect them to look into their different options going forward.

I think the bottom line is Jenkins and Nijman are among our best 5 and we need to get them on the field... and Bakhtiari too, though his grades so far, wouldn't nessarily say it's as clear heads and shoulder he's better than others, but he's had some touch opponents his first two weeks back, and might soon look a hell lot better just from weaker opponents.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (21h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (21h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (21h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (21h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (22h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

19h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.