Zero2Cool
a year ago
Who should be the five OL for Packers now that we got Little David back?

Although, this might not be the "best five" individuals, I think it's the best group. And I believe the sum of the parts is more important than the individual parts.

LT - David Bakhtiari
LG - Elgton Jenkins
C - Josh Myers
RG - Jon Runyan Jr
RT - Yosh Nijman
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Adam Stenavich made the comment to the media in training camp that Yosh Nijman has not transitioned smoothly to right tackle when they have tried it. The question has been asked a couple of times by fans in the Packers inbox- I saw it about a week ago. and again this morning. The collective view seems to indicate that Yosh is a left tackle. not a right tackle. pretty much period, end of story. I personally have a perspective that he can play right tackle, I think he did his senior year in college, but I am not the offensive coordinator. I should be, but that's an opinion 🤷
beast
a year ago

Adam Stenavich made the comment to the media in training camp that Yosh Nijman has not transitioned smoothly to right tackle when they have tried it.

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Thanks for that information, I've missed that.

Although, this might not be the "best five" individuals, I think it's the best group. And I believe the sum of the parts is more important than the individual parts.

LT - David Bakhtiari
LG - Elgton Jenkins
C - Josh Myers
RG - Jon Runyan Jr
RT - Yosh Nijman

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think those are the best 5... though not sure whom the best collective group is, especially if like posted above, Nijman is limited to mainly LT.

Hopefully Nijman can play either LG or RT... if not, he might have to be a backup as I don't think they're going to be benching Bakhtiari.

If Bakhtiari and/or Nijman aren't at RT, then I think you put Jenkins there.

So the following would be my preferred lineups to try...

1) Bakhtiari, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Nijman
(yes you can make the argument for switching Runyan and Jenkins, but I'm trying to move the least amount and Runyan has always been on the left side and Jenkins has been working on the right side...)

2) Bakhtiari, Nijman, Myers, Runyan, Jenkins (everyone but Runyan stays on their same sides)

3) Bakhtiari, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Jenkins

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
a year ago

Thanks for that information, I've missed that.

I think those are the best 5... though not sure whom the best collective group is, especially if like posted above, Nijman is limited to mainly LT.

Hopefully Nijman can play either LG or RT... if not, he might have to be a backup as I don't think they're going to be benching Bakhtiari.

If Bakhtiari and/or Nijman aren't at RT, then I think you put Jenkins there.

So the following would be my preferred lineups to try...

1) Bakhtiari, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Nijman
(yes you can make the argument for switching Runyan and Jenkins, but I'm trying to move the least amount and Runyan has always been on the left side and Jenkins has been working on the right side...)

2) Bakhtiari, Nijman, Myers, Runyan, Jenkins (everyone but Runyan stays on their same sides)

3) Bakhtiari, Runyan, Myers, Newman, Jenkins

Originally Posted by: beast 

This is the one they will use until Toms pushes Newman out.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
Bakhtiari, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, and Nijman, obviously left to right.

I cannot be convinced that Jenkins is a better right tackle than Nijman, and we all know he is a fantastic right guard. He needs to be playing right guard, imo.

So, find our right tackle, the rest is obvious. at least to me. If Nijman is taking reps on the 2nd team at left tackle, keep him on the 2nd team but taking reps at right tackle. The man played the position his senior year. so there is some real evidence that he is an ambidextrous ass-wiper in a left right tackle sense.
Since there is much evidence at least in my mind that this team is either slow or stubborn- I might submit both- I strongly suspect we aren't even going to try what again seems obvious to so many fans. Oh. and while they were test driving him at rt, was it Hanson next to him? I say that has to be factored in regarding his efficacy as a rt.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Who should be the five OL for Packers now that we got Little David back?

LT - David Bakhtiari
LG - Elgton Jenkins
C - Josh Myers
RG - Jon Runyan Jr
RT - Yosh Nijman

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I tried telling you people. You wouldn't listen to me. Elgton Jenkins is not a RT. Why not put him back at LG and then we have a dominate left side? Why not? WHY NOT DO THE OBVIOUSLY BEST THING FOR THE PACKERS?!?!?!??!

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
You got the guards reversed, so if you just go ahead and switch those, I'll listen. 😆 I'll call Mark up and get this whole thing straightened out, and promise to use Zero2Cool as a reference. We need to take this to the top, dammit. 😆
nerdmann
a year ago
Let's give Nijman a series or two, take a look at him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

I cannot be convinced that Jenkins is a better right tackle than Nijman, and we all know he is a fantastic right guard. He needs to be playing right guard, imo. .

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

How do we know Jenkins is fantastic at RG? He's played LG, C and LT and this year played RT. I don't recall him playing RG.
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
a year ago
I should have said guard, but admittedly am simply bolstering my argument in that Jenkins is our most versatile lineman, I love Runyan right where he is, I think Jenkins helps a right tackle more than Runyan would. It is one less switcheroo, playing guard is more of a phone booth than a driveway, so interchangeability left to right for him seems the most logical of the options. Dude is a pro bowl guard. We need help on the right, we run to the right, Jenkins belongs on the right. Right?
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.