Zero2Cool
a year ago

Yeah, the real estate market is bonkers at the moment. With the interest rate hikes it feels like we're at the peak and it might start to slow down though. Of course, interest hikes are a double-edged sword, even if prices start to fall a little the higher rates mean you'll end up paying as much or more. Slowing down could mean appreciation starts to return to regular levels, and there isn't any real decline in the price of homes. So waiting for it to get better is probably a risky bet.

We just bought a house in Denver (my wife got a new job out there), and the whole process was kind of ridiculous. It's such a competitive market out there that you basically have to make an as-is offer (ie: regardless of what the inspection says you're buying it). And you have to offer significantly over asking, I was tracking the prices of houses we liked for a few months and they sold on average about 15% over asking. The ones we really liked sold up to 30% over. I feel sort of "lucky" to have paid "only" 12% over. But man it would have been nice to do this last year when I could have had a 3% loan rather than 5.5%

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

To give you guys an idea of how petty I am (or principal driven), my rent was jacked up $125 per month and I'm telling him to shove it up his ass. So, back on the house search from again!
UserPostedImage
a year ago
Here in Phllly, price drops by 30% supposedly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/newscrime/11-housing-markets-with-the-biggest-price-drops/vi-AAYLUpw 

My neighbors had interest in their home dry up in the last two week. It really frightening. I don't know if its recession fears, higher rates, or both, but there are some markets getting crushed.

Being over-leveraged is never good...

and remember..."happiness consists more in small conveniences of pleasures that occur every day than in great pieces of good fortune that happen but seldom to a man in the course of his life.โ€
Go Packers!!!!
Cheesey
a year ago
Everything is so screwed up. The cost of living is almost making it impossible to "live".
Gas prices are insane, food prices are ridiculous. How are families supposed to survive?
Rent (as Zero stated) has jumped up. And I don't see things improving any time soon...or ever.
Makes me glad I'm old.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
So, I got pre-approved for loan today, rather this evening. I'm back looking and requested a showing for the first one. There are some others I like too. I am actually half excited about this.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/wi/green-bay/826-marydale-dr/pid_48151514/ 
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/wi/green-bay/2091-elvira-way/pid_48145865/ 
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/wi/green-bay/2464-downy-st/pid_48029413/ 

This one ain't bad, but not Central Air??
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/wi/green-bay/2388-riverview-dr/pid_48020667/ 
UserPostedImage
earthquake
a year ago
We managed to get our house listed and sold (*fingers crossed* we close at the end of the month) before any interest rate hikes or recession fears dampened the local market. But Iowa City is generally pretty stable (prices were flat after 2008/didn't nose dive as they did in other areas). We got 6 offers and ended up getting about 12% over our asking price, which is roughly what we had to pay to get the new house in Denver. Overall very pleased with that, because houses have been selling for more like 4% over asking here.

Also, I feel you on the lack of AC Kevin. The place we bought in Denver had central heat but no AC, so we thought it would be relatively easy to add. The initial quote was $12K, but when we had the techs come out they told us we needed to replace all of the ductwork because it was too small to work with AC - plus it was old and all of the insulation had deteriorated. The cost ended up being about $30K - a real kick in the dick, only made slightly better by our current house selling for more than we expected. Anyway, if you're looking at a house without AC make sure you get an HVAC guy in to inspect the ventilation so you know what you're signing up for.

Anyway, congrats on the pre-approval and good luck with the house hunt!
blank
Cheesey
a year ago
The only way I could get a loan is if I was in a room by myself.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

The only way I could get a loan is if I was in a room by myself.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜†

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

That's how I felt throughout my 20's and some 30's. My name was ran through the mud by other Kevin's in Wisconsin. I had to cut a lot out of my life and work my ass off to even get the bank to say Hi to my clown ass, lol. I was fortunate in my early 20's to hit complete rock bottom and say F-THIS, change my path and of course my daughter was the motivation. If not for being a dad, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have this conversation. I'd be finding the next park bench to sleep on.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago

That's how I felt throughout my 20's and some 30's. My name was ran through the mud by other Kevin's in Wisconsin. I had to cut a lot out of my life and work my ass off to even get the bank to say Hi to my clown ass, lol. I was fortunate in my early 20's to hit complete rock bottom and say F-THIS, change my path and of course my daughter was the motivation. If not for being a dad, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have this conversation. I'd be finding the next park bench to sleep on.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You had your own park bench?!?
I had to share one with a wino!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

You had your own park bench?!?
I had to share one with a wino!

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I've lived a fortunate blessed life!!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
Each place I listed already has an accepted offer. This housing world moves fast!
UserPostedImage
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    dfosterf (33m) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
    dfosterf (34m) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
    beast (54m) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
    dfosterf (1h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
    Zero2Cool (2h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
    Mucky Tundra (17h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
    Mucky Tundra (17h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
    Mucky Tundra (17h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
    Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
    Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
    Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
    Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
    Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
    beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
    Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
    dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
    Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
    Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
    dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : โ€œWeโ€™re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.โ€
    Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
    Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
    dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#ร—k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
    Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
    Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
    Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
    beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
    beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
    Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
    buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
    Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
    Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
    Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. ๐Ÿ˜
    Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
    Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    1m / Random Babble / Martha Careful

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Copyright ยฉ 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comโ„ข. All Rights Reserved.