Martha Careful
a year ago

Nevertheless, countless people will be clamoring for his return and/or consideration when a starter goes down.

He was horrible before he was benched, but parlayed his activism into relevance.
Go Packers!!!!
Cheesey
a year ago
You are so right, Martha.
I still don't know why any team would take him. Especially since he's nothing special as a QB.
That's my opinion, for what it's worth.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
I got no insight on Kap, and I think he killed his return chances when he didn't go light it up in another league... (as well as when his now Wife verbal ranted against the Ravens owner, whom was trying to sign him after players talked him into it, only for his wife's rant to reverse that) and Kap is best in a certain style offense that has largely been unpopular since he became a FA.... which I've been surprised I haven't seen one professional article break down well (which the Raven offense would of been the closest thing in current schemes)

That being said... Warren Sapp has an extremely extremely sh!tty track record when it comes to breaking sports news... usually it's unfactual click bait from Sapp and has been wrong more than he has been right...

Sapp will tell you what he hears, but the sources he trusts usually have been garbage. I'd trust a random Twitter account that had decent history of being correct over Sapp.

Also as far as Kap goes, he wasn't amazing, but it's extremely hard to make a case that there were 64 QB better than him, when you had guys like Brett Hundley and other very crappy QBs keep earning #2 QB jobs for a while there.

But Kap was also absolutely stupid to opt out of that contract when he had all that heat coming down on him.

Kap has been blackballed, but back to the top, the decisions by he and his wife have hurt the situation even more... when you start attacking the owner that's considering taking a risk is stupid, and not becoming CFL, XFL, USFL, whatever leagues #1 QB for a couple of years also seriously hurts as they have no film on you.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Great talent can make a team owner overlook a lot. But if you are not extremely talented, why would they put up with all the distractions and headache that he would cause?
Kap has a history of being more of a distraction then a great talent. Who needs that in your locker room?
It's fine that he has his own opinions. I have no problem with that. As long as he saves it for his own time, when he's not "working".
He caused most of his problems.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
I can't say I was ever enamored with the player and felt people were anointing him before he completed even a full season worth of games. He has a rocket for a arm and fast legs, but it takes more than that to be a QB in the NFL.

Some are quick to point out he QB'd a team in the Super Bowl. So did Trent Dilfer.

People who wanna say he was blackballed, give me a break. Look at DeShaun Watson and his contract. The difference here is Watson is a good thrower of the football and Kaepernick was not. I am not saying it's right, I'm saying if Kaepernick was as good as people want to project, he would have been at least one of 90. He wasn't, because he isn't.

The man cares more about activism than being a professional NFL player and for that I commend him. He sees there are bigger issues out there -- even if I don't see eye to eye with him, at least he's standing behind his convictions.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
There's a time and a place for everything. He could have used his position to further his activism. But at least in my opinion, he didn't use it wisely.
JMO of course.
To me, it made him look more like a attention whore then anything. Again, my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

There's a time and a place for everything. He could have used his position to further his activism. But at least in my opinion, he didn't use it wisely.
JMO of course.
To me, it made him look more like a attention whore then anything. Again, my opinion.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I'm fine with what he did because I understand why. It's a massive stage and you get a massive amount of attention. My issue is once he got that attention, what did he do? Did he say OK now that I have your attention, this why I did it and now let's talk. No, instead he said "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder." - Colin Kaepernick

I understand the harmless "protest" to get attention to the cause, but the fact he did nothing publicly and let everyone speak for him just didn't sit well with me.

It also showed he wasn't choosing to not show pride for the flag to elicit change, he was doing it for his own personal reasons. I don't know. I just feel if he wanted change, he would have garnered that attention and used the momentum that his kneeling created. I know he did a lot of things more privately to help the cause, but shit, he had the ears of millions upon millions and he just dropped the mic.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
a year ago
Here's what bothers me.
All this "protest" because cops are supposedly killing innocent "people of color". When 99.9% of those people have committed crimes, the cops had to respond, and the criminals CHOSE to resist arrest, causing the police to have to use force to attempt to get the perp under control. In other words, the police were doing their job. A job that puts their lives on the line every day.
If Kaepernick really thought "Black lives matter", why hasn't he gone before the cameras and took all the black people that are killing other black people literally every day in every major city in this country to task? One person, who's own criminal action and running from cops ends up being the reason they end up dead gets treated as a "victim", and hundreds of deaths in a weekend of people of color murdering each other randomly gets ignored. I guess black lives only matter if a cop is involved.
The same goes for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They only show up when they want to fan the fires of their racist minds.
Ignore all the obvious murders that don't fit your hate of white people and cops.
Yes, I know there are times where excessive force was used, and should be taken seriously and prosecuted as such. George Floyd is an example. The cop shouldn't have knelt on his neck for any longer than it took to get him under control. Let's not forget why it happened. Floyd had the choice to NOT try to pass a fake 20 dollar bill. Had he not done that, no cops called, and he's still alive. But he chose to break the law. Thus, the guy in the store called the police.
Second choice Floyd had, to comply with the police, or resist arrest. Comply, he has his day in court and is still alive. What did he do? Resist arrest. Like I said, the cop should have let up once he was cuffed
The "media" made it look like a Floyd was some angel, an innocent innocent bystander. Look at his record. Armed robbery, holding a couple in their home at gun point. He served 5 years for that. To me, 5 years for that is a crime. He should have got a lot more time.
That's my opinion.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Here's what bothers me.
All this "protest" because cops are supposedly killing innocent "people of color". When 99.9% of those people have committed crimes, the cops had to respond, and the criminals CHOSE to resist arrest, causing the police to have to use force to attempt to get the perp under control. In other words, the police were doing their job. A job that puts their lives on the line every day.
If Kaepernick really thought "Black lives matter", why hasn't he gone before the cameras and took all the black people that are killing other black people literally every day in every major city in this country to task? One person, who's own criminal action and running from cops ends up being the reason they end up dead gets treated as a "victim", and hundreds of deaths in a weekend of people of color murdering each other randomly gets ignored. I guess black lives only matter if a cop is involved.
The same goes for Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They only show up when they want to fan the fires of their racist minds.
Ignore all the obvious murders that don't fit your hate of white people and cops.
Yes, I know there are times where excessive force was used, and should be taken seriously and prosecuted as such. George Floyd is an example. The cop shouldn't have knelt on his neck for any longer than it took to get him under control. Let's not forget why it happened. Floyd had the choice to NOT try to pass a fake 20 dollar bill. Had he not done that, no cops called, and he's still alive. But he chose to break the law. Thus, the guy in the store called the police.
Second choice Floyd had, to comply with the police, or resist arrest. Comply, he has his day in court and is still alive. What did he do? Resist arrest. Like I said, the cop should have let up once he was cuffed
The "media" made it look like a Floyd was some angel, an innocent innocent bystander. Look at his record. Armed robbery, holding a couple in their home at gun point. He served 5 years for that. To me, 5 years for that is a crime. He should have got a lot more time.
That's my opinion.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I hear what you're saying, but committing a crime does not mean you should lose your life. Plus, there is a thing called due process and that's impossible to attain at time of arrest. That being said, I've heard people of color say they teach their kids to fear cops. Well, you wonder why they react the way they do? They were ingrained to FEAR police, not respect them. So, fight or flight kicks in and you get a lot of crappy reactions that result in fatal incidents. Now the one in Minnesota, the officer was wrong in that one. Sure, we can say don't commit the crime, but I've been there, I've been falsely accused. I don't think I should lose my life for it. So, it really isn't that black and white to say "don't break the law". We have too many laws and if you doubt me, why does it take someone 4-8 years to become a lawyer to know all these laws?

The fella in Kenosha, Jacob or whatever, dude was wrong for resisting, but if the officer doesn't shoot to subdue that guy and he kills one of those kids, then we have outrage that police didn't do enough. Bottom line, officers are in no-win situations at times.

As for Floyd. I never once read anything that inferred he was an angel or innocent, nothing even remotely close. All I've read was he did something wrong and allegedly resisted arrest. I say allegedly because I didn't see that clip. Regardless, the officer had him subdued, could easily place handcuffs on him and if need be, leg restraints. They have this equipment with them. It wasn't used. Instead he kneeled on the guy for an excessive amount of time. While others did NOTHING.

We have a problem, but it is not color based.
UserPostedImage
Martha Careful
a year ago
I apologize for even bringing up the subject of Kaepernick. I didn’t know it would lead here.

I enjoy this site immensely, even when you boys make fun of me, because it takes my mind off all of the divisiveness and hate which seem to permeate every single political or economic debate in society today.

Go Packers!!!!
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (1h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (2h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (12h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (19h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (20h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.