Zero2Cool
a year ago

Really isn't that confusing lol.

The Packers signed Lazard(He signed it) to a 2nd round tender. He will play for the Packers for the 2022 season for 3.9 mill unless the Packers sign him to extension before the season.

He is though still a RFA and another team can offer him a contract but the Packers can match any offer or receive a 2nd round pick if it gets to that which it won't.

Got it? Kidding😋

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

Why isn't it listed as a transaction? Other players who signed have been listed, but you are saying Allen Lazard signed, yet, everything on the transaction wires show ... not yet signed.

This is why it is confusing. You can see other players listed as signed, but not Allen Lazard.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Another set of transactions doesn't list that he signed it.

Last season he waited until July 22 to sign.

CBS seems updated quite a bit, they got Jaire, but not Allen Lazard. 🤷‍♂️

This is confusing that you're pounding hard that he signed it, yet every source that lists transactions shows no such transaction been made. Quite confusing.

Spotract shows when the contract was assigned, but transaction of it being signed, no where to be found.
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago

Why isn't it listed as a transaction? Other players who signed have been listed, but you are saying Allen Lazard signed, yet, everything on the transaction wires show ... not yet signed.

This is why it is confusing. You can see other players listed as signed, but not Allen Lazard.

Another set of transactions doesn't list that he signed it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The Packers signed him to the tender in March. For that to happen Allen and the team both sign it. So when you heard in March that the Packers signed Allen Lazard to a 2nd round tender for 3.9 million that is what happened. Both parties signed it.

Florio started all this writing a article a while ago trying to start drama by saying the Packers shouldn't list Allen Lazard as one of their WRs. Florio is agenda based little shit stirrer that gets people to his gossip site by making crap up about the Packers and whoever else he thinks will put butts in the seats.

Nothing Mike Florio writes about the Packers is based in anything but trying to start up bullshit about the Packers so the fan base bites.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

The Packers signed him to the tender in March. For that to happen Allen and the team both sign it. So when you heard in March that the Packers signed Allen Lazard to a 2nd round tender for 3.9 million that is what happened. Both parties signed it.

Florio started all this writing a article a while ago trying to start drama by saying the Packers shouldn't list Allen Lazard as one of their WRs. Florio is agenda based little shit stirrer that gets people to his gossip site by making crap up about the Packers and whoever else he thinks will put butts in the seats.

Nothing Mike Florio writes about the Packers is based in anything but trying to start up bullshit about the Packers so the fan base bites.

I didn't hear that in March. I heard that the Packers assigned a 2nd round tender. Everything I've read says Allen Lazard has yet to sign the tender. I wish I could remember where I read or where I heard that the tender automatically gets lowered if Allen doesn't sign it by a certain date.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago

Really isn't that confusing lol.

The Packers signed Lazard(He signed it) to a 2nd round tender. He will play for the Packers for the 2022 season for 3.9 mill unless the Packers sign him to extension before the season.

He is though still a RFA and another team can offer him a contract but the Packers can match any offer or receive a 2nd round pick if it gets to that which it won't.

Got it? Kidding😋

Nope, if an RFA sign, the they're no longer a FA, and other teams can no longer give him offers.

If he's signed with the team that gave the tender, then it's over, he's a signed played.
UserPostedImage
beast
a year ago
When Lazard signs the contract, the Packers will move him from the RFA list to the main roster list...

Just like they have done for other FAs that resigned and the draft picks that have signed.

According to Packers.com, Lazard is not currently signed. They should know better than any of us.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
a year ago
This might be something to smack into a new topic, but here's what I'm reading about RFA.

Restricted free agent (RFA): A player with three accrued seasons and an expired contract. RFAs are free to negotiate and sign with any team, but their original team can offer them one of various qualifying offers ("tenders") that come with the right of first refusal and/or draft-pick compensation. If the tender is withdrawn by a team, the RFA becomes an unrestricted free agent. In 2021, teams must submit these tenders before 4 p.m. ET on March 17. These amounts change annually; the following numbers are for the 2021 season. Players can choose either (a) or (b) regardless of which is greater in the applicable tenders below.

Second-round tender: One-year contract worth the greater of (a) $3.384 million or (b) 110 percent of the player's prior-year base salary. Draft-choice compensation: second-round pick.

Adding this from Si.com makes me wonder if since he didn't negotiate a deal with another team by April 22nd, that he doesn't have to actually sign the tender, but for all intents and purposes ... is re-signed? The first part highlighted supports my thinking that once the tender is offered, it immediately is applied against the salary cap. Which can confuse some as he signed it.
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago
Waiting for a text back from Jon-Eric Sullivan, but my understanding is that both parties sign the 3.9 mill tender when it's applied.

I believe other teams can offer him a contract only until July 22nd. I am not sure when he is officially no longer considered a RFA. Jon-Eric is the one that would know better than us.

I do know for a fact the Packers have exclusive rights to match any offer that comes in. And also get a 2nd round pick if another team signs Allen.

The July 22nd and when he is officially no longer considered a RFA are the only two variables here.
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Waiting for a text back from Jon-Eric Sullivan, but my understanding is that both parties sign the 3.9 mill tender when it's applied.

I believe other teams can offer him a contract only until July 22nd. I am not sure when he is officially no longer considered a RFA. Jon-Eric is the one that would know better than us.

Based on what Bill Huber wrote, it's April 22nd, but if true, why hasn't Lazard actually signed it? It sounds like there's no other real recourse, regardless of what I read/heard about the amount being lowered by a certain date. (since I can't recall where the hell I got that from, ugh).
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago

Based on what Bill Huber wrote, it's April 22nd, but if true, why hasn't Lazard actually signed it? It sounds like there's no other real recourse, regardless of what I read/heard about the amount being lowered by a certain date. (since I can't recall where the hell I got that from, ugh).

The July 22nd is the day before training camp starts. I believe you can not be a RFA once camp starts.

Sometimes he doesn't text me back for a couple days. He claims I am the one who never replies to texts. He is factual on that. I also understand he is quite busy.
bboystyle
a year ago

Because he hasnt. Packernation is wrong but is moving goalposts to protect his all knowing demeanor.

With that said, WR is still a question mark on this team until proven otherwise. Dont care what our record was with Adams out, no one on this team is as consistent at the WR position as Adams was. We dont even know if Tonyan will be 100% back to how he was. Cobb is old and often hurt as is Watkins. Lazard is another jag who took advantage of Adams being doubled. This team is entering the 2022 season hoping a rookie can contribute alongside a bunch of old injured players.

I said it before and ill say it again, we really need the run game to be effficent this season or this offense will be 2019 all over again
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18m) : No.
Mucky Tundra (2h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (3h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (5h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (6h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (17h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.