beast
a year ago

I hope you're right altho Clements' major qualification is being Aaron's yesman.

Honestly the way Mark Murphy was talking in that recent interview, it almost sounds like Aaron will step aside when Love is ready. Dunno.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Was that Murphy saying that, or Nerdman saying that? Because that sounds exactly like Nerdman... except Nerdman had suggested Love is already better than Rodgers...

Tom Clements has never been a "yesman" to anyone. Tom was/is one of the best QB coaches the Packers ever had. Tom knows how to develop QBs. That is why Arizona hired him to work with Kyler Murray. Tom has a pretty prickly personality if you rub him the wrong way. Aaron credits Tom with a lot of his development as a young player. Aaron isn't looking for yes-man. Aaron likes to be coached. He missed having someone like Tom Clements pushing him. Tom will indeed also be very good for J-Love to further develop under.

Originally Posted by: PackerNation 

Yeah, Rodgers personality would be the type to hate yes men... he likes to be challenged and if he's not challenging then he's bored. Even see that in some of his relationship like Rodgers and TE Tom Crabtree arguing whom has the better music taste.

As for prickly personality, sounds like you might know him somehow? Or heard from people that know him?

UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago

Was that Murphy saying that, or Nerdman saying that? Because that sounds exactly like Nerdman... except Nerdman had suggested Love is already better than Rodgers...

Yeah, Rodgers personality would be the type to hate yes men... he likes to be challenged and if he's not challenging then he's bored. Even see that in some of his relationship like Rodgers and TE Tom Crabtree arguing whom has the better music taste.

As for prickly personality, sounds like you might know him somehow? Or heard from people that know him?

Originally Posted by: beast 

What I know is that Tom Clements is more than qualified to be QB coach in Green Bay. I know "Nerdmann" was merely looking for attention by saying his only qualification is being Aaron's yes-man.

Tom is a great guy. I wouldn't classify us as friends, but I have spoken to him on a few occasions.

If we were good friends, I would call him and ask him how day one with Jordan Love went, I am curious. Just meetings and workouts, but their first time meeting in person. Would be interesting to hear his thoughts.
nerdmann
a year ago

What I know is that Tom Clements is more than qualified to be QB coach in Green Bay. I know "Nerdmann" was merely looking for attention by saying his only qualification is being Aaron's yes-man.

Tom is a great guy. I wouldn't classify us as friends, but I have spoken to him on a few occasions.

If we were good friends, I would call him and ask him how day one with Jordan Love went, I am curious. Just meetings and workouts, but their first time meeting in person. Would be interesting to hear his thoughts.

Remember when Clements was briefly allowed to call plays in 2015?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
a year ago
Since this is a slow time of year, let's take a poll. Who would take Jordan Love's play against KC and Detroit over Aaron's performance in our "one and done" playoff experience this year?

Which do you think was better?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
a year ago

Since this is a slow time of year, let's take a poll. Who would take Jordan Love's play against KC and Detroit over Aaron's performance in our "one and done" playoff experience this year?

If it is straight up Jordan Love vs Aaron Rodgers, Aaron is going to win out every single time. Jordan wouldn't have been able to compensate for the OL getting abused in that 49ers game and would probably had a turnover or two.

Now if you say two 2022 1st round picks, a 2023 1st round pick, top 25 WR under 25 years old AND Jordan Love OR Aaron Rodgers, then we'll have some talking terms. lol
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago
Let's wait and evaluate J-Love after Tom Clements has had his hands on him for a few months. This years preseason games will be very interesting.

I am telling you with confidence that Luke Getsy and Nathaniel Hackett hampered J-Love's development. Those two had/have zero clue how to develop a young QB.

LaFleur had too much on his plate to spend a lot of time on Jordan. Tom Clements will bring out the best in him. One problem is that Jordan tries to listen to Aaron and do what Aaron does. Worst thing he can do is try to emulate Aaron in this offense. Tom will teach him that.
beast
a year ago

Hopefully Jordan loves to carry Aaron's jock strap...

Apples to apples, Rodgers is clearly better.
UserPostedImage
PackersNation
a year ago

Hopefully Jordan loves to carry Aaron's jock strap...

Apples to apples, Rodgers is clearly better.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I realize you are directing that directly at "nerdmann", who obviously has no clue about a lot of things. Not cutting on him, just stating the obvious after reading his comments. I do not know, but I am assuming he is quite young. I will forgive him for some of the ignorance.

But getting back to you saying Rodgers is clearly better. Yes, everyone with a clue knows that. There may not be another QB in the league better than Aaron. The only thing Mahomes and Allen have on Aaron is that they are younger. Aaron being great doesn't mean Jordan can't ever be a elite QB in the league. I actually think he can, and will be.
If the Packers win the Super Bowl this year and Aaron rides off into the sunset with Shailene, contrary to popular belief, the Packers are going to be just fine.
beast
a year ago

I do not know, but I am assuming he is quite young. I will forgive him for some of the ignorance.

I don't know that either, but I don't make that assumption. If he was quite young maybe there would be hope, but I'm all out of hope.

Rodgers is clearly better. Yes, everyone with a clue knows that.

Well, someone keeps implying the exact opposite, and as you noted I was replying to them.

Aaron being great doesn't mean Jordan can't ever be a elite QB in the league. I actually think he can, and will be.

I don't pretend to have a clue what Love will become, but I said well before his draft that he's a 1st rounder and a minimum of a 3 year developmental prospects (and I'm not sure if the COVID rookie year with no live training camp counts).

I haven't given up hope on Love, but so far the results have not looked good, but Rodgers looked absolutely horrible his first two years and he was supposed to be ready to go, and most developed already.

I'm not knocking Love's future at all. I am knocking those whom are seemingly suggesting Love is currently better than Rodgers. Or that it's even remotely close.

As one person (I honestly don't remember whom) put it, Love in his year two, looks like he's ahead of Rodgers in his year two. I wanted to disagree, but I can't, Rodgers looked absolutely awful those first two years. Love didn't look that good, but he didn't look absolutely awful either.

Love looks like he either lacked confidence or a strength and I don't think it's arm strength, I think the zero coverage blitzes we're getting to him mentally, and he wasn't as confident in where the WRs we're going to be and when. More chemistry and playing time can solve some of that. But as of right now, he failed the zero coverage test (as a lot of young QBs do).

My bigger surprise is that apparently the Bengals saw something on QB Lamar Jackson tape and gave him the zero coverage test and he failed as well, and then teams after the Bengals kept doing it to Jackson and he kept struggling with it. I would of thought with more practice time against it he would of figured it out quicker. And it feels especially weird since Jackson has won an MVP, and almost all MVP QB would love zero coverage as your leaving the targets one on one, they just have get the ball out fast where only their guy can get it.

And that's what I've said about LaFleur too, clearly they didn't expect zero coverage and so didn't practice or plan against it and had to adjust on the fly. So Love didn't get a second game to show corrections after preparing for it to show what he learned.

I'm really not knocking Love, other than to say, stop comparing him to Rodgers, they're not currently close to being in the same tier.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
a year ago

I realize you are directing that directly at "nerdmann", who obviously has no clue about a lot of things. Not cutting on him, just stating the obvious after reading his comments. I do not know, but I am assuming he is quite young. I will forgive him for some of the ignorance.

But getting back to you saying Rodgers is clearly better. Yes, everyone with a clue knows that. There may not be another QB in the league better than Aaron. The only thing Mahomes and Allen have on Aaron is that they are younger. Aaron being great doesn't mean Jordan can't ever be a elite QB in the league. I actually think he can, and will be.
If the Packers win the Super Bowl this year and Aaron rides off into the sunset with Shailene, contrary to popular belief, the Packers are going to be just fine.

Rodgers has high highs and low lows. This is why people call him "best thrower of the football" instead of GOAT. He is especially "inconsistent" in the playoffs.

Granted, Love is not ready yet. But as I've said before, I would take a dude who is 80% of Aaron's best over Aaron, if he is consistent.

As for Clements, good luck with that. Hope you're right.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (19m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (20h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.