beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
2 years ago

Commissioner Roger Goodell claims Daniel Snyder still isn’t involved in day-to-day operations

Snyder has been present for games. He attended the unveiling of the team’s new name. During the 2021 season, coach Ron Rivera said he speaks with Snyder multiple times per week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/29/commissioner-roger-goodell-claims-daniel-snyder-still-isnt-involved-in-day-to-day-operations/  wrote:

Goodell is mainly a PR machine and punching bag for the media and to deflect the owners from having to take the punches.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
2 years ago
This is probably going no where, but interesting to see if Goodell has any balls to do anything...

Earlier this week, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said that Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder continues to not be involved with day-to-day operations of the team. The Washington Times has since offered up a report to the contrary.

According to Matthew Paras of the Times, and this is the exact quote, “According to a highly-placed source familiar with the team’s situation, has resumed his day-to-day role with the Commanders.”

The source told the Times that “Snyder has no restrictions on what he can and can’t do in overseeing the franchise.” For example, the source says Snyder was “heavily involved” in the discussions that culminated in the trade for quarterback Carson Wentz.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/01/report-daniel-snyder-has-resumed-his-day-to-day-role-with-commanders/  wrote:

Also it should be noted, that Congress is now looking into the Commander's to so if they have two accounting books (an official fake one and unofficial real one) and there is some speculation that someone might of tipped Congress off to that...

Some of the speculation included the NFL offices, as the Commander's we're giving the NFL offices what they wanted/needed to get Congress off their back and the NFL MIGHT be trying to set up cause to force Synder to sell the team
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
2 years ago
If true, the Commanders have been stealing from the NFL...

For Washington Commanders owner Daniel Snyder, things are going from very bad to potentially very much worse.

A.J. Perez of FrontOfficeSports.come reports that the House Committee on Oversight and Reform has received information alleging that the Commanders kept ticket revenue that should have been shared with other teams.

By rule, 40 percent of all ticket income goes into a league-wide visiting-team fund. That money gets divided among all teams.

According to Perez, at least one person has informed Congressional investigators that the Commanders did not pass along the full 40-percent share, as required by the NFL.

profootballtalk  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago
Of all things, this is probably what will bring Synder down. The other owners didn't mind Washington being a trainwreck as long as they were a trainwreck in their own lane. But skimming off the top? I've watched enough mafia movies to know what happens next.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
beast
  • beast
2 years ago

If true, the Commanders have been stealing from the NFL...

Originally Posted by: beast 

Not meaning to get political, just stating the facts on what has been said on this issue.

It should be noted that the Republican side of the Oversight Committee said

“The leak of one-sided, unconfirmed, unsupported allegations from a disgruntled ex-employee with an ax to grind is just further proof the Democrats’ investigation is a waste of Congress’ time. Nothing the Committee has heard from any credible witness points to any financial improprieties; in fact, the only credible witness in a position to know the facts the Democrats have heard from has denied any such improprieties.”

First off, the parties will take shots at each other whenever possible, so weather someone is credible or not should be taken as biased until they look into the issue further.

But it sounds like just one person is making this claim, and we don't know if it's correct or not.

Also should be noted that the Oversight Committee has five democrats from either Maryland, DC, or Virginia, which I consider Washington greater fan area. While the Republican have none from those states, closest is orth Carolina or Pennsylvania. But point being, the Democrats are much more in the Commander's area, and have a vested interest, while others may not care two sh!t about the commander because their no where near their local areas.

UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
2 years ago
If true, the Redskins had two different schemes going on, one of which illegal kept money from season ticket holders, and another which was kept money from the NFL's shared revenue pot.

A detail example of how they did it, is in the article. This is a lot of detail for someone just to make up... so I believe either it's true, or the former employee has a vendetta against his former company. Which either or both could be true. But currently he doesn't seem to be getting anything out of it, other than maybe revenge...

And knowing Synder's history of holding an extremely spiteful grudge, he surely is trying to black ball or hurt the former employee in some way.

The U.S. House Oversight & Reform Committee is indeed exploring potential financial improprieties within the Washington Commanders organization. The Committee now wants a federal agency to get involved.

According to the Washington Post, the Committee sent a 20-page letter to the Federal Trade Commission regarding allegations that the team may have withheld as much as $5 million in refundable deposits from season-ticket holders, and that the team may have hidden cash that was to be shared by all NFL franchises.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/12/congress-shares-details-with-ftc-of-alleged-washington-commanders-financial-scams-against-customers-and-the-nfl/  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I am not agreeing with this mentality, simply pointing it out.

When someone is accused of something without definitive proof, I think it's easy for some to try sweeping it under the rug. When you start stealing money from someone, that's black/white and easy to discern without any claim of 'he said she said'.

That being said, I think Dan Snyder is in the final year of owning an NFL franchise. The potential owners who put in bids for the Broncos might quickly be turned onto the Commanders. And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, come up with a real moniker.

Rewarding someone with billions of dollars for selling a team like this is also something that doesn't sit well with me.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
2 years ago

I am not agreeing with this mentality, simply pointing it out.

When someone is accused of something without definitive proof, I think it's easy for some to try sweeping it under the rug. When you start stealing money from someone, that's black/white and easy to discern without any claim of 'he said she said'.

That being said, I think Dan Snyder is in the final year of owning an NFL franchise. The potential owners who put in bids for the Broncos might quickly be turned onto the Commanders. And hopefully, HOPEFULLY, come up with a real moniker.

Rewarding someone with billions of dollars for selling a team like this is also something that doesn't sit well with me.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I would like to point out the Goodell at times has received definite proof at times, and he still attempted to sweep things under the rug...

Such as Spygate, Goodell reportedly demanded the tapes to be destroyed, before someone else leaked them.

And once again, it would be the NFL best interest lawsuit wise, to not find anything illegal...

Of course, if the NFL purposely doesn't find it, but the government finds it anyways, that could make things pretty bad as well.

I'm thinking Snyder has muliple years left, as he ALWAYS drags his feet and goes lawsuit happy, so if the NFL attempts to force him to sell, he probably start a lawsuit and then won't find any offers that are good enough for the brand he built, etc etc.

And that's assuming the NFL owners force him to sell, which they hate doing, as they could be next...

I'm still waiting to see if Goodell does anything (both if he has the balls and if he can do anything) to Synder for reportedly breaking his Suspension, or if Goodell is going to continue to BS line that Synder isn't actively involved when he totally is... CLEARLY is, he probably had to approve the name change, the head coach said they talked weekly, and now he's reportedly in his full workload again.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8h) : Kidding aside, I hope the best for him.
dfosterf (8h) : Went to a Titans board. One comment there. Not very long. I quote: "LOL" They don't sound overly upset about our aquisition.
beast (9h) : OT Dillard has been absolutely horrible... like OG Newman levels
dfosterf (9h) : Suit him up and have him stand in front of the big board as a draft day cautionary tale.
Zero2Cool (10h) : Packers sign T Andre Dillard.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (18-Apr) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (17-Apr) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

6h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

23h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

18-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

17-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.