Zero2Cool
2 years ago
We've had two SQL Server (e.g. Database) outages in the last few days. The most recent on was corrected seconds before I was about to file a support ticket. Kind of annoying.

When I'm writing up a longer reply. I tend to select all and copy every now and then. And especially before I hit Submit, lol.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32453107/problematic-jon-gruden-emails-more-common-thought-congressman-says
ASHBURN, Va. -- One of the House Democrats who sent a letter to the NFL seeking more information about its investigation into the Washington Football Team's workplace culture says he fears Jon Gruden's emails are the "tip of the iceberg."

Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, D-Ill., told ESPN that the representatives wanted to get involved because the NFL "holds a special place in American life."

"The way they handle issues of race and gender and the way they treat their employees really influences the way society handles those very issues," Krishnamoorthi said. "We're very much interested in learning more about exactly why the NFL did what they did and the way they did it."

Gruden resigned as Las Vegas Raiders coach earlier this month following reports that emails he wrote over a multiyear period included racist, misogynistic and anti-gay language. The emails were discovered as part of the investigation into Washington's workplace culture.

"The biggest fear is that what Jon Gruden appears to engage in is much more common than what we otherwise thought," Krishnamoorthi said. "That's what a lot of people are concerned about."

Krishnamoorthi and Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, D-N.Y., who is chairwoman of the Committee on Oversight and Reform, asked the NFL to turn over a number of documents and answer numerous questions about the investigation by Nov. 4.

They have not heard from the NFL, Krishnamoorthi said, other than to acknowledge receipt of the five-page letter. NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said in an email Thursday night that the league had received the letter and shares Maloney's "concern that all workplaces should be free from any form of harassment and discrimination. We look forward to speaking to her office soon."

If the NFL chooses not to cooperate, Congress could issue a subpoena. Asked if they would consider suing the league, Krishnamoorthi said, "If the NFL were not to cooperate after we attempted to work with them to enlist their cooperation, then we do have the tools to compel the production of documents. But our hope is it doesn't get there. I hope we can work with them to get this information."

In the letter, Maloney and Krishnamoorthi said they want the NFL to produce "all documents and communications obtained in connection with the investigation into the WFT, its management, its owners, and any other matter relating to or resulting from the WFT investigation." They also want the NFL to detail its role in attorney Beth Wilkinson's investigation into the franchise and why there was no written report after 150 people had been interviewed.

"I just don't know of an investigation where someone is not allowed to document what happened or to document the findings," Krishnamoorthi told ESPN, "but that appears to be what happened here. There's a large body of evidence she reviewed that others reviewed that is also somehow not surfacing in any way."

Tom Davis served as chairman of the House Oversight Committee from 2003 to 2007 and was the ranking minority member on the committee during Congress' 2008 investigation into baseball's steroid issue. He said it was able to bring that issue to a hearing because it had bipartisan support in the House and because the target was more than just one player or team.

"Members will want to know why Congress is getting involved and, if so, why are they singling out one team," Davis said. "This isn't unique to the Washington Football Team. It's all over sports. It's all over locker rooms and college campuses.

"To get to the floor of the House, you have to be broader than the Washington Football Team."

The representatives' letter also raised concerns about nondisclosure agreements that former employees had signed and sought more information about the role of the NFL's general counsel, Jeff Pash, in the investigation.

"The biggest fear is that what Jon Gruden appears to engage in is much more common than what we otherwise thought. That's what a lot of people are concerned about."
Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi, D-Ill.

Pash's close relationship with former Washington team president Bruce Allen was revealed in some of the leaked emails, which included topics that ranged from jokes on the league's diversity initiatives to rescinding an NFL fine. Allen was fired at the end of the 2019 season.

Krishnamoorthi said the Congress members don't think the former Washington employees who cooperated with investigators have received any response.

"The Washington Football Team and the NFL enjoy special privileges under our antitrust laws," Krishnamoorthi said. "We thought it was important to get to the bottom of what's going on in the NFL, in regards to the Washington Football Team in the way they handled their employees. What we've seen so far is deeply disturbing."

Krishnamoorthi said the representatives want to investigate this situation to determine whether new or stronger laws are needed to help employees in a similar environment. He said they also want to make sure the NFL did not cover up information via the nondisclosure agreements signed by the former Washington employees.

The emails from Gruden, sent when he was employed by ESPN as the lead analyst for Monday Night Football, went to Allen's team account, which is why they were uncovered as part of the NFL investigation. Some were also included in court filings in which Washington owner Dan Snyder tried to show that Allen was a source of leaking negative information about the team.

Krishnamoorthi said the representatives were not asked by anyone to send a letter to the NFL. He said they have been observing the situation and that Gruden's resignation "highlighted the rather disturbing nature of the communications happening by high-level officials, and it seems appropriate to now intervene and try to get to the bottom of what's going on."

I actually don't think Congress should stick its nose in, but if it does....look out.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

I actually don't think Congress should stick its nose in, but if it does....look out.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

I don't see the need for Congress to get involved. It's a matter for NFL Inc. They are handling.

UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

I don't see the need for Congress to get involved. It's a matter for NFL Inc. They are handling.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

On one hand Congress has a freaking huge amount of much more important issues to handle first...

On the other hand, let's be honest, they're not going to do them either way and have become experts of avoiding doing those things for years if not decades....

And technically since the Congress grants the NFL some anti-trust exemptions they do technically have a responsible to check in on the NFL ever now and then and to see if they still deserve said exemptions... (though technically that might have absolutely nothing to do with the WFT issue).

I don't like see Congress invovled, but then again I don't like the NFL demanding responsibility from the low man on the totem pole and giving those higher a complete and total pass.

Also... I'm wondering what's the NFL is hiding... as they've always written a report after an investigation, and always released a summary of said report. This time, they told the investigatior that they don't even want a written report... so what are they hiding?

The league surely won’t give in so easily. It’s concealing a fairly significant piece of information. People throughout the league are buzzing about it, and speculating about what the league is hiding by insisting so fervently — and on such flimsy grounds — to keep the materials private.

As one person not connected to the investigation (but generally connected to the happenings of the league) predicted on Wednesday, “It’s way bigger than even you think.”

Profootballtalk  wrote:

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
Beast bantered

Also... I'm wondering what's the NFL is hiding?

Never forget, the Commish works for the owners, and many of the owners have skeletons in the closet. In general they are arrogant schmucks who think they can get away with any damn thing they want because they have money. There are exceptions (one of the endearing aspects of cheering for the Packers is there is no owner per se) but you don't have to look to far into the lives of some of these guys to see some bad juju.

And what did they turn a blind eye to??? Look at the Chicago Blackhawk situation. The owners didn't do anything, but most of the brass did NOTHING when a sexual assault occurred. THAT IS THE KIND OF STUFF THEY ARE COVERING UP. For example the WTF cheerleaders naked photos....who did they go to? who didn't do jack squat to clean up, punish and rectify? We all know who

Goddell thought they could throw Gruden under the bus and limit damage....nyetski.

Congress has too many other things to work on:
[list]
  • passing a budget
  • taxing the shit out of us[*]funding studies on beagles[*]opening the border[*]etc. [/list]Congress can screw up an anvil with a rubber mallet, so I would rather have them on the side.
  • What we really need is a leaker....someone with ALL the emals to to bitchute, wikileaks, etc. and just air it out.
    beast
    2 years ago

Also... I'm wondering what's the NFL is hiding...

Originally Posted by: beast 

This is pure 100% speculation on my part, but one thing that NFL is hiding from (as KRK sorta pointed to with the nude video of the cheerleader which was being passed around) is lawsuits... and as PFT points out there is a pretty huge one going on right now....

NFL braces for billion-dollar exposure in St. Louis litigation

As Wickersham explains it, the discussion included an exchange between NFL general counsel Jeff Pash and Cowboys owner (and Kroenke supporter) Jerry Jones regarding potential settlement of the case.

Jones asked Pash if Kroenke had tried to settle the case. Pash said that Kroenke has tried.

Here’s the key portion of Wickersham’s article, regarding what came next: “Jones indicated that Kroenke’s settlement figure was billions of dollars. Pash refused to confirm the figure — a source with direct knowledge of the situation told ESPN it was less than a billion — but told those in the meeting that it was more than the net worth of some in the room.”

Profootballtalk  wrote:

Jones Jones backed up the Rams/Kroenke move to LA more than anyone else, and I believe Jones has reportedly been one of Dan Snyder a best friends in the league and Synder was one of the few that backed Jones play when he was trying to get Goodell fired... so there very well could be some information about Jones in those emails from talk of Patriots suspension, to his RB suspension, to trying to get Goodell fired, to seeing the nude cheerleaders (which Jones would of liked and privately would have supported based on past comments), to this discussion effecting this post billion dollars remotion lawsuit.

So I think they're hiding from lawsuits.

Great point, and that's partly why the more I think about this, the more I have a hard time believing this would of been Goodell leak, as it'd look bad on him too... and puts a hell lot of pressure on him and his bosses.

Goddell thought they could throw Gruden under the bus and limit damage....nyetski.

The more I think about this, if the leak was approved by Goodell, then he truely is one of the stupidest people leading large companies... and while I think it's football stupid, he's extremely PR smart and PR concerned... so him leaking this publicly... would be extremely out of his character... it would be much more like him to bury it or just take it to the Raiders through backdoors and create a cover up to fire him.... or suspended him for a year for conduct not that of the quality of the NFL.

I certainly don't like Gooddell, but this seems to be a play to expose the NFL's hand too... but the NFL seems like either they knew whom did it and/or they don't want to find out and if you just ignore them, they'll hopefully ignore you.

UserPostedImage
    KRK
    • KRK
    • Veteran Member
    2 years ago
    I see there are 128 million reasons why Goodell want this to just go away, and nothing to change.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/29/report-roger-goodell-made-128-million-over-past-two-years/ 
    KRK
    • KRK
    • Veteran Member
    2 years ago
    The Raiders have more harsh words in their official statements for Jon Gruden over an email than for a murderer.

Gruden statement: "The content of an email regarding DeMaurice Smith from Jon Gruden when he worked at ESPN 10 years ago is disturbing and not what the Raiders stand for. We were first made aware of the email last yesterday by a reporter and are reviewing it along with other materials provided to us today by the NFL. We are addressing the matter with Coach Gruden and will have not further comment at this time."

Raiders statement on Ruggs: "The Raiders are aware of an accident involving Henry Ruggs III that occurred this morning in Las Vegas. We are devastated by the loss of life and our thoughts and prayers go out the victim’s family. We are in the process of gathering information and will have no further comment at this time."
    Zero2Cool
    2 years ago

The Raiders have more harsh words in their official statements for Jon Gruden over an email than for a murderer.

Gruden statement: "The content of an email regarding DeMaurice Smith from Jon Gruden when he worked at ESPN 10 years ago is disturbing and not what the Raiders stand for. We were first made aware of the email last yesterday by a reporter and are reviewing it along with other materials provided to us today by the NFL. We are addressing the matter with Coach Gruden and will have not further comment at this time."

Raiders statement on Ruggs: "The Raiders are aware of an accident involving Henry Ruggs III that occurred this morning in Las Vegas. We are devastated by the loss of life and our thoughts and prayers go out the victim’s family. We are in the process of gathering information and will have no further comment at this time."

Playing a little devils advocate here. Jon Gruden there was no until proven innocent, where Henry Ruggs it's still "alleged". That aside, the NFL has a twisted way to deal things.
    UserPostedImage
    KRK
    • KRK
    • Veteran Member
    2 years ago

Playing a little devils advocate here. Jon Gruden there was no until proven innocent, where Henry Ruggs it's still "alleged". That aside, the NFL has a twisted way to deal things.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

And now that he is not longer part of the 'Raider nation', no statement will be necessary....alas, the double-standards in this world never cease to amaze me.
    Fan Shout
    Mucky Tundra (33m) : End of a Degu-era
    dhazer (1h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
    Zero2Cool (3h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (5h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (15h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (22h) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (23h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (23h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.