beast
2 years ago
Defense looks alright when they have the lead and the offense isn't running it as much, but they can't stop the running game. I was worried about that when all the OLBers and DL where saying the new guy is bringing great stuff, if that just meant allowing them to pass rush more, and leave themselves open to the running game.

On offense, it finally started to look more like the scheme again at times, focusing on RBs and TEs, but Rodgers isn't getting enough time from the OL and WRs from the stuff he wants to do and seems like he'll keep calling even if it's not working, but it was reduced.

Why can't Rodgers get the timing down with MVS is confusing to me.

But got to remember to play small ball with the offense we got right now, not over load that OL or try to ask the OL or WRs to do too much in the passing game, at least not while the other team is playing conservative cover 2.

On defense, I think they're going to have to get more aggressive... they can't let the QBs consistently have 8 seconds back there... going to have to blitz... which will leave more one on one man coverage, but 4 seconds in man coverage, might still be better than 8 seconds in zone coverage. Especially of they're having communications errors which either Stokes or King screwed up giving up a TD.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I'd add. I think Stokes earned more playing time.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
2 years ago

This was a play that people directed a lot of flak at Lancaster for, but I'm not sure what he can do there. If anything, the Lions weren't far off from a chop block. If I were GB, I'd be asking the league about this one.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
go.pack.go.
2 years ago

This was a play that people directed a lot of flak at Lancaster for, but I'm not sure what he can do there. If anything, the Lions weren't far off from a chop block. If I were GB, I'd be asking the league about this one.

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

Good point. I saw this live and I called Lancaster out in the chat for it. But I didn’t realize he got chop blocked.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Matt LaFleur told Joe Barry what halftime adjustment to make. Saying something like you need to get pressure on the QB. I missed the full quote, but that part was interesting.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

That's clearly illegal!

1) Linemen aren't allowed to high/low block any more where one goes high and the other goes low, which is exactly what they do.

2) The guy that went low seems to be using his hands to grab and pulling on Lancaster leg, which is illegal holding and a single leg takedown, which you would see in amateur wrestling.

The poster talked about a guy falling down and making a pile, but how you do that is kick your legs out... but you can't kick your legs out when someone is grabbing and holding onto one of those legs with a single leg takedown.

There is nothing Lancaster can legally do there, except maybe use your leg to overpower the cheating hold, but if he's got a good hold, or catches you by surprise, there is nothing anyone can do about it, other than hope the Refs see and call it.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

Why can't Rodgers get the timing down with MVS is confusing to me.

Originally Posted by: beast 

The answer is very simple. They have to actually play in preseason games together. The walk through practices that teams run these days don't count. They are not "NFL game speed".
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I'm still really pissed off about that 2nd drive. Running the ball was working and you go pass, pass and sack. Yes, they didn't call a third down sack, but why not keep running it until THEY stop you? It just feels like play caller is trying to out smart the defense.

Special Teams had a decent outing. Kylin Hill had a 41 yard kick return. Amari Rodgers ahh didn't fumble a punt return. Bojorquezt had three punts for 140 yarsd with a long of 56 and two landed inside twenty.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
beast
2 years ago

I'm still really pissed off about that 2nd drive. Running the ball was working and you go pass, pass and sack. Yes, they didn't call a third down sack, but why not keep running it until THEY stop you? It just feels like play caller is trying to out smart the defense.

Special Teams had a decent outing. Kylin Hill had a 41 yard kick return. Amari Rodgers ahh didn't fumble a punt return. Bojorquezt had three punts for 140 yarsd with a long of 56 and two landed inside twenty.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Absolutely, that first game and that second drive scared the hell out of me... somebody is getting too caught up in trying to force the passing game to work... when the running game is available and working just fine, why?

This entire scheme is run and short stuff to set up the long stuff.

And Rodgers and everyone has admitted they're playing conservative cover two... so why are being being ultra aggressive when the way to beat cover 2 is simply take the short stuff and the 1st downs?

You know why they play cover 2? Because we haven't shown the willingness to be smart and consistently beat it! Why? Because the passing call and play caller aren't R-E-L-A-X ing and just going with the flow.

Also, there were clearly some run/pass options that became a pass and I was almost wondering why, other than Rodgers wanted to sling it.

Also you got to remember one of the best non-scoring events for your team is a long offensive drive keeping your defenders fresh...

7 points taking 7 minutes off the clock can indeed be better than 7 points taking 1 minute off the clock.

Also you know what else we saw? The ball was snapped at times before the play clock reached 5 seconds... you just can't over do that pattern.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago

Absolutely, that first game and that second drive scared the hell out of me... somebody is getting too caught up in trying to force the passing game to work... when the running game is available and working just fine, why?

This entire scheme is run and short stuff to set up the long stuff.

And Rodgers and everyone has admitted they're playing conservative cover two... so why are being being ultra aggressive when the way to beat cover 2 is simply take the short stuff and the 1st downs?

You know why they play cover 2? Because we haven't shown the willingness to be smart and consistently beat it! Why? Because the passing call and play caller aren't R-E-L-A-X ing and just going with the flow.

Also, there were clearly some run/pass options that became a pass and I was almost wondering why, other than Rodgers wanted to sling it.

Also you got to remember one of the best non-scoring events for your team is a long offensive drive keeping your defenders fresh...

7 points taking 7 minutes off the clock can indeed be better than 7 points taking 1 minute off the clock.

Also you know what else we saw? The ball was snapped at times before the play clock reached 5 seconds... you just can't over do that pattern.

Originally Posted by: beast 

A few years ago the Packers were grinding and grinding and got a score or two. The other team hand a big play drive. (Probably someone like King fell down.) I turned to my wife and told her the packers were going to win. Their defense had just come off the field and they are going right back out again. It was one of those 14 to 7 moves right before the half. Then the Packers had the ball to start the 2nd half and it was a 21-7 swing. They never trailed after that.

I loved it when the ball was snapped "early".

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
dfosterf (28-Mar) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : Yes
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : No.
Mucky Tundra (28-Mar) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (28-Mar) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

17h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

10-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.