nerdmann
2 years ago
Cut Cobb before you get on the plane. Trade King, if anyone wants him.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
nerdmann
2 years ago
Twitter lights Aaron up .

Deservedly so.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Twitter lights Aaron up .

Deservedly so.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Twitter has over 200 MILLION daily users. Yeah, you're going to find some tweets that fit any narrative you want.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

Cut Cobb before you get on the plane. Trade King, if anyone wants him.

The snaps Love played show, I think, Cobb was not the problem. If anything, Love's snaps are the biggest indictment of Rodgers' play -- we actually looked like a team with a coherent game plan that Cobb could have an effective role in. If anything, either Matt (assuming Rodgers wasn't the one making adjustments to whatever plays were being called) or Rodgers (if he was in fact making such adjustments) needs to take a long look in the mirror.

As for King... I'm not sure how you play 10-yards off a WR and still, somehow, manage to be like 10 yards behind them on a deep ball. What a horrific performance that should be a blueprint for other OCs to simply make Kevin King play deep routes against faster receivers. He won't get cut (and I'm not sure there is a better player out there at this time to take his spot), but Kevin King should not be the starting CB next week.

The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
nerdmann
2 years ago

The snaps Love played show, I think, Cobb was not the problem. If anything, Love's snaps are the biggest indictment of Rodgers' play -- we actually looked like a team with a coherent game plan that Cobb could have an effective role in. If anything, either Matt (assuming Rodgers wasn't the one making adjustments to whatever plays were being called) or Rodgers (if he was in fact making such adjustments) needs to take a long look in the mirror.

As for King... I'm not sure how you play 10-yards off a WR and still, somehow, manage to be like 10 yards behind them on a deep ball. What a horrific performance that should be a blueprint for other OCs to simply make Kevin King play deep routes against faster receivers. He won't get cut (and I'm not sure there is a better player out there at this time to take his spot), but Kevin King should not be the starting CB next week.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Cobb is on the team to please our super star QB. Priority should be on winning games, not pleasing the big shot super star.

all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

Cobb is on the team to please our super star QB. Priority should be on winning games, not pleasing the big shot super star.

I agree on what the priority should be. But Love's snaps showed Cobb can have a role in the slot and on sweeps -- similar to what Tyler Ervin did. Just because Gutey/Murphy wanted to please the QB with Cobb doesn't mean Cobb can't play some meaningful role in LaFleur's offense.
nerdmann
2 years ago

I agree on what the priority should be. But Love's snaps showed Cobb can have a role in the slot and on sweeps -- similar to what Tyler Ervin did. Just because Gutey/Murphy wanted to please the QB with Cobb doesn't mean Cobb can't play some meaningful role in LaFleur's offense.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Would you rather have EQ or JuWann Winfree?
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
This team, as currently configured, will never win a Super Bowl…not even close.
Our defensive line is below average, which is hard to imagine with Clark in the middle.
Our edge guys have been watching too much clay Matthews film and don’t know how to set an a hold an edge on the pass rush. They gave up three first downs because they did not hold an edge. D Smith wonders why he was not a captain? Try showing up against a quality opponent in a big game.
Talent wise we have a strong secondary but they looked like the Keystone kops not having the slightest freaking clue where they should be.
Our offensive line is above average, at best, and I am assuming bhaktiari is back.
Rodgers seems way too busy worrying about his next home, his man bun and his gal pal. He is done as a Packer mentally and emotionally. I honestly believe he is trying hard but when your heart and mind are elsewhere, it shows.
other than Devante Adams, the receivers are nothing special, and below average.
Now let’s get to the coaching… Joe Barry had better learn to communicate or he’ll be out of town very quickly. That defense Schemes and deployments were horrible… outnumbered on one side or the other more often than I could count. We had their receivers running free in the secondary and our players hadn’t the slightest clue who they should be covering…
relative to the talent level we have, it was The single most embarrassing defensive performance by a Packer team I have ever seen, and that is 50+ years of viewing.
Our head coach couldn’t seem make the adjustments. Although we were running the ball reasonably well, he got away from it very quickly. This enable the Saints to let loose their path rush and absolutely freaking destroy a rookie interior line and Lucas Patrick. (To be fair are tackles played pretty well.)
Then, he had his head up his ass at the end of the first half with 1:40 and one time out remaining, he kept it in his pocket and let the Saints run off 40 seconds before scoring. you could always start the clock and offense, and you will never get those 40 seconds back.

Moreover, we don’t have a talent to compete against the better teams…we simply don’t. Big games are one and lost in the interior, and we don’t have it on either side of the ball.
If by some miracle they could get a bunch of draft choices for Rogers, save his salary, give Love some reps this season, and stock up on some stud offensive and defensive lineman, the future would be infinitely brighter.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

Would you rather have EQ or JuWann Winfree?

You mean EQ - the player who rarely stays healthy? Or JuWann Winfree - who also has shown an inability to stay healthy and, other than a few practices in shorts, hasn't done anything in games?

No, I don't want either. Add to that you already have many body types similar to EQ and Winfree at WR/TE, whereas there isn't someone built like Cobb other than the rookie WR Rodgers.
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Didn't the Saints dominate 2020 Week 1 too? Anyone remember the score and opponent?
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (11m) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (25m) : Yes
Zero2Cool (1h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (3h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (4h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (7h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (8h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (18h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.