Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Aaron Rodgers: I'm not a victim. I've been paid a ton of money by this organization. I don't feel like anything's been done to me. It's a business. It's a tough business too, though. This is part of it.

"I didn't wanna get into a pissing match with a team that's employed me for 16 years... I know there were some leaks... I promise none of them were from me."

Incredible damn press conference. He did not hold back and was still very respectful. If you want to dislike Rodgers based on the media "reports", you should skip this because you'll have to realize you got manipulated by headlines and catchy bullshit.
https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1lDxLpnQLDvxm 

This snippet was good.

Another good snippet.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
Here's the first question trascribed.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
And for those who think Rodgers hired LaFleur, that might not be the case.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
2 years ago
We, the fans, were played by the media? Wow. I don't believe it. Why would any of the wonderful folks that write these stories want to do such a thing? 😉
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

We, the fans, were played by the media? Wow. I don't believe it. Why would any of the wonderful folks that write these stories want to do such a thing? ;)

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I'm listening to the media talking and I am losing my shit! They are saying Rodgers is saying he doesn't want to be the decision maker, but wants to be involved in the decision making. HOLY FUCK WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS! These freaking morons act like they are coming to some rare unknown untapped concept that was never before stated. All they had to do was ... LISTEN TO WHAT AARON RODGERS WAS SAYING! The press conference was great, but it just went into more detail on what he's said.

I really freaking hate the media. Aaron is a good dude and this is going to have turned people against him. So frustrating. But hey, some will say HE'S PAID MILLIONS HE CAN HANDLE IT, bullshit. He's human.

I need to stop. I'm going to break my keyboard.

Here's a quote that is going to get twisted the shit out of.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
As far as letting veterans go.....one point that may be lost.....Rodgers gets paid so much of the cap, could it be that the Packers has to let guys go because they couldn’t afford to keep many of those guys? I’m sure that most of the cuts were difficult decisions.
You can’t keep everyone.
Especially when 20% of your cap space goes to one guy.
And as the old saying goes, it’s better to let a guy go one year early then one year too late.

Oh, and it’s not that I hate Rodgers. I’m glad he’s playing here this year. I’m just pointing out that there’s more to decision making then just wants. Tough decisions have to be made. You can’t keep everyone just because you want to.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

As far as letting veterans go.....one point that may be lost.....Rodgers gets paid so much of the cap, could it be that the Packers has to let guys go because they couldn’t afford to keep many of those guys? I’m sure that most of the cuts were difficult decisions.
You can’t keep everyone.
And as the old saying goes, it’s better to let a guy go one year early then one year too late.

Oh, and it’s not that I hate Rodgers. I’m glad he’s playing here this year. I’m just pointing out that there’s more to decision making then just wants. Tough decisions have to be made. You can’t keep everyone just because you want to.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Yep. The whole Tom Brady comparison annoys me. Tom Brady repeatedly moved his money around to help the Patriots bring in other players. I think he did something similar with the Buccaneers too, who were already in far better salary cap position because of their young roster.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
2 years ago

You can’t keep everyone.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Here's how I imagine it.

Aaron knew he had no leverage. So he got his suck ups in the media to media bomb the team all off season. This is his way of bargaining from a position of strength.

So he goes in there and makes outrageous demands, like this thing with Cobb. It's like buying a car. The seller starts high, the buyer starts low.

Only Murphy is now so afraid of Rodgers that he just starts making phone calls to trade for Cobb. No negotiating downward, just takes Aaron's orders and fulfills them.

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Users browsing this topic
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (2m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
    Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
    dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
    Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
    Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
    beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
    dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
    Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
    dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
    buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
    Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
    dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
    Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
    Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
    beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
    beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
    beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
    Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
    dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2023 Packers Schedule
    Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Falcons
    Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
    SAINTS
    Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
    LIONS
    Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
    Raiders
    Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
    Broncos
    Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
    RAMS
    Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
    Steelers
    Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
    CHARGERS
    Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
    CHIEFS
    Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
    Giants
    Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
    BUCCANEERS
    Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
    Panthers
    Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
    Vikings
    Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
    BEARS
    Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
    Cowboys
    Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
    49ers
    Recent Topics
    11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.