Cheesey
2 years ago
Sounds like he just got a slap on the wrist for all his actions.

If any of us pulled that crap, we’d be doing some serious time.
Just another “star” getting special treatment. It’s B.S. if you ask me.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Sounds like he just got a slap on the wrist for all his actions.

If any of us pulled that crap, we’d be doing some serious time.
Just another “star” getting special treatment. It’s B.S. if you ask me.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

How do you figure he is getting a slap on the wrist? Let's assume all reports are factual, what punishment should fit the crime? What is not being done that should be done? He spent a night and change in jail already. He didn't hurt anyone. He's been going through mental issues and his wife and family are behind him 100% saying this is not his character and they will help him through it. Are we saying we should condemn him? Do you really feel this doesn't happen to others? Because I am going to tell you something that is going to shock the hell out of you. NFL athletes and celebrities' ... THEY ARE ANY ONE OF US! I know, shocking, they are HUMAN BEINGS just like you and I.

It's about damn time we start showing compassion and empathy for people -- popular or otherwise. Remember, everyone is fighting a battle that we don't know anything about. Everyone.

As for the "star" treatment, you don't even know the details and you don't know what happens to "non-star" people because TMZ and the media assclowns don't give a damn because the boring ass people who have no lives of their own won't consume the information.

Sorry for the tangent. And Alan, I know I quoted you, but this is aimed at the breadth of people who constantly raise people up on a pedestal just to knock them down. I am just sick of the labeling, but don't my rant stop you from sharing your opinion. I value you and your opinion, I just -- I just want people to be more compassionate and understanding.

The drinking and driving thing bothers me more than him bouncing his body against his father in law's door. Doesn't lessen the the door incident by any means. I just feel drinking and driving is 100% avoidable.

Update: Maybe something more happened that I'm not aware of? I haven't sought information on this, but regardless, I just want the man to get the help he needs.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Per PFT  it sounds like he got drunk, crashed his car, and then went to his father in law's house and challenged him to fight. There's a video of him trying to break the door down.

Sounds like some shit someone would do after chugging a bottle of Malort.

Originally Posted by: earthquake 

Basically. And it's another reason I do not care to drink. I would probably fall into the same stupid ass crap. I'm personally thankful his family has spoken out positive on his behalf and are going to help him get the help he needs. From my ignorant outside looking in viewpoint, I think the man would be better without alcohol and that would solve lots of his issues.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago
I open up the Tweeter and this gets thrown in my face.

The words are good. The actions are needed. And by all accounts people have said he's been amazing in the community. Hope dude gets his mentals straight.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago

I open up the Tweeter and this gets thrown in my face.

The words are good. The actions are needed. And by all accounts people have said he's been amazing in the community. Hope dude gets his mentals straight.

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Ok....what would have happened had he hit another car and killed someone while drunk?
Or had he been successful breaking down his in-laws door? Would he have beat or even killed one of them?
So.....what kind of punishment is right? Wait until he’s successful in following through?
True, they stood up for him. So maybe it’s (hopefully) a one time mistake.
I ve gone through a lot in my life. Many times I could have blown up. Thankfully I didn’t.

There are consequences to your actions, no matter who you are.
Maybe if I could actually talk to those involved, I’d be able to be able to figure it all out better.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
To be positive for a second, and not condoning any of his actions, at least his apology is an apology.

He took full responsibility for his actions. Most of the mealy mouthed apologies people issue today are apologies at all..."I'm sorry you feel that way"...or, "I know my actions were bad, but...."

Give the guy credit for that at least....he is taking responsibility.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
2 years ago
Yes, he apologized. I think he really meant it.
Hopefully he won’t do anything like that again.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

Ok....what would have happened had he hit another car and killed someone while drunk?
Or had he been successful breaking down his in-laws door? Would he have beat or even killed one of them?
So.....what kind of punishment is right? Wait until he’s successful in following through?
True, they stood up for him. So maybe it’s (hopefully) a one time mistake.
I ve gone through a lot in my life. Many times I could have blown up. Thankfully I didn’t.

There are consequences to your actions, no matter who you are.
Maybe if I could actually talk to those involved, I’d be able to be able to figure it all out better.

If he'd killed someone else, his charges would've been more severe and he'd be facing extensive jail time - just like any of us. But (thankfully) that is the crux of criminal law: punishment is based on your intent and the acts you took, not mere possibilities or "what if" hypotheticals. It would be pretty barbaric for a legal system to punish on a mere hypothetical when you have an individual clearly struggling with addiction and mental health - especially when such individual has no history of run in with the law.

Sherm is one of the more well spoken athletes out there that has had a positive impact on the communities he's been a part of, and in addition to no one being seriously hurt, the silver lining in all this is hopefully Sherm finally getting the help he needs.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Cheesey
2 years ago
Did I say he should be punished as if he killed someone? Nope. Sure didn’t.
He was LUCKY that his actions didn’t end up with more serious injuries or death.
He needs to realize that and take actions with himself to make sure he never ends up in a similar circumstance.
I don’t want him to be more severely punished then what he “earned” by his actions. And not having a criminal past, that should be taken into account.
ANYONE is capable of one really boneheaded action. Including us.
I don’t want his life ended for one screw up.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
2 years ago

Did I say he should be punished as if he killed someone? Nope. Sure didn’t.
He was LUCKY that his actions didn’t end up with more serious injuries or death.
He needs to realize that and take actions with himself to make sure he never ends up in a similar circumstance.
I don’t want him to be more severely punished then what he “earned” by his actions. And not having a criminal past, that should be taken into account.
ANYONE is capable of one really boneheaded action. Including us.
I don’t want his life ended for one screw up.

Your original post stated the following: "So.....what kind of punishment is right? Wait until he’s successful in following through?" My post was intended to clear that line of thought is not how the criminal justice system operates. Just desserts involves punishing for actions committed, which does not involve analyzing or asking things like what if Richard Sherman drove a car while drink and killed someone?

There is an inherent problem to tell someone dealing with addiction and/or mental illness to "make sure he never ends up in a similar circumstance" -- while I think personal responsibility is admirable, unfortunately it is not as simple as that where alcohol abuse or mental health is involved.

For all intent and purposes, given Sherm's age and how radioactive this episode makes his come off as, his NFL career is over. That is the high price of celebrity which he has paid for this incident, while many of us average people would not have to fear for losing our career as a result of alcohol abuse or mental health episode off hours or outside of work-time. Again, hopefully the best thing to come from this is someone getting the help he appears to seriously need.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.