Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Earlier this week, on a different golf course, Aaron Rodgers answered "we'll see' when asked about his future. Apparently, "we'll see' will come in a "couple weeks.' During the American Century Championship celebrity golf tournament in Tahoe on Saturday, Rodgers was asked about his future. “I’m going to enjoy the hell out of this week,' [more]

Continue Reading @ Charean Williams 

Charean Williams wrote:

Can't. Wait.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
2 years ago
Is anyone else here tired of this soap opera?
My level of caring about this has dropped every day since it started.
None of us has a say in it, no control over what happens.
I seriously wonder how the other Packer players feel about this.
Whether they really back Rodgers, or think he’s being a douche.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago
It sad that 12 may be turning into a more sophisticated version of a man he once loathed.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
2 years ago

It sad that 12 may be turning into a more sophisticated version of a man he once loathed.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

I’m certain he’s too blind to his own faults to even see it.
Today’s “star” jocks are so used to having nothing but “yes men” around them, that they get the “how DARE you say NO to ME” attitude.
I see clips on TV of Bart Starr talking with Vince Lombardi, his BOSS, and saying “yes sir” and “no sir” to him.
Can you see many of today’s players acting that way?
I’m sure there are a few, but I just don’t know how many.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

If you're assuming Aaron Rodgers loathed Brett Favre, that has been profoundly wrong. This narrative is just another example of how the media manipulates those who haven't the time, nor the desire to seek the facts and remember them.

And Aaron Rodgers is doing nothing of sort. Again, the mother trucking media is spinning this around. Even though I have repeatedly explained what's going on, people still cling to the latest headline they read around here.

Yes, there is an issue. Yes, it'll blow over. Yes, Aaron Rodgers will finish his career elsewhere. Yes, Aaron is fucking with the media because he loathes their agenda driven bullshit.

We must STOP burying people because they aren't saying what you want to hear in defense of what the douche bag media pushes down our throats. The media should NOT be allowed nor permitted to assassinate someone's character like this.

Innocent until proven guilty. Show empathy, understanding, compassion and for God's sake a little benefit of doubt.

As for Brett Favre. A LOT of everything that people bagged on him during his career was MEDIA DRIVEN. Ever since the Super Bowl victory and he said "What do I do now?" people jumped him about retirement. The thing that FANS loved about Favre was his transparency so he would answer how HE FELT AT THE MOMENT about retirement and the stupid fucking media buried him for it.

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2 years ago

If you're assuming Aaron Rodgers loathed Brett Favre, that has been profoundly wrong. This narrative is just another example of how the media manipulates those who haven't the time, nor the desire to seek the facts and remember them.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You may not like my word choice, but I vividly recall 12 celebrating and high-fiving when Favre was picked off when he was playing for MN v N.O. in the NFC championship game. You don't do that with your buddy. I also recall interviews discussing how little Favre helped in the early years.

Yes, eventually the memo went out to 12 and the rest of the organization to play nicey nicey about Favre...'water under the bridge', 'let it go', etc.

But don't kid yourself, if loath isn't the perfect word, its pretty damn close.

I stand by my assertion and categorization.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
2 years ago

You may not like my word choice, but I vividly recall 12 celebrating and high-fiving when Favre was picked off when he was playing for MN v N.O. in the NFC championship game. You don't do that with your buddy. I also recall interviews discussing how little Favre helped in the early years.

Yes, eventually the memo went out to 12 and the rest of the organization to play nicey nicey about Favre...'water under the bridge', 'let it go', etc.

Well said KRK.
Favre showed that he didn’t like that the Packers drafted Rodgers. Anyone that thinks that there wasn’t bad blood between Favre and Rodgers is purposely ignoring what anyone that watched how the two of them interacted.
Favre was loving beating the Packers when he was with the Queens. You think that wasn’t also a slap at Rodgers?
It was.
And what KRK said was true. After Favre retired ( for the last time) they made nice. And I bet it was at the request of the Packer brass.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

And I'm going to call bullshit on this because I know it's wrong for a fact. Rodgers has said Favre was not helpful in year one, but Rodgers learned by watching. Rodgers has also said (just as recently as last year on Pat McAfee) that things cooled down during year one and year two and three were better.

You don't go to someone's home for dinners and such that you loathe and despise. It's sickening how these facts are drowned out by attention getting angst because why? because that is the only shit people remember years later. This is another perfect example.

As for Rodgers celebrating the Favre pick with Minnesota -- no idea how you could vividly remember that. I question if it ever happened, although, wouldn't be surprised at all if it did. I wouldn't want my rival (Vikings, Bears) in the Super Bowl either.

Rodgers has also said several times he held nothing against Favre for coming back, but has said it made things more challenging.

I paid attention to details during the whole thing in 2008. I lost my mind at how ignorant people were being with it. I won't do it again. If you want to believe the falsehoods, by all means, who the hell am I to change your opinion with facts. My venom is solely at the media for feeding folks who don't have long memories, no the desire to give people the benefit of doubt and manipulate their audience. It sickens me.

But hey, some will say they make millions, they SIGNED UP FOR THIS. That's just more bullshit ignorant asshole comments. No one signs up to be slandered. These are kids growing into adults playing a game that compensates them very well financially. People are people. No one deserves the slander the media spews out with no regard to human feelings.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
2 years ago

Well said KRK.
Favre showed that he didn’t like that the Packers drafted Rodgers. Anyone that thinks that there wasn’t bad blood between Favre and Rodgers is purposely ignoring what anyone that watched how the two of them interacted.
Favre was loving beating the Packers when he was with the Queens. You think that wasn’t also a slap at Rodgers?
It was.
And what KRK said was true. After Favre retired ( for the last time) they made nice. And I bet it was at the request of the Packer brass.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Favre's beef was against the Packers for picking Rodgers, not Rodgers himself. Favre did not want to help Rodgers "take his spot", that part is accurate.

Favre and Rodgers agents were both hounding the Packers (Andrew Brandt) about the pick of Rodgers. Rodger's agent wanted to know when he'd play. Favre's agent wanted to know Favre was not being pushed out.

Yes, Favre took pleasure in beating the Packers. No, it was not a slap at Rodgers personally. Favre has said many times it was about proving to the Packers he still had it and they shouldn't have tried drafting his replacement. Favre also over the years has acknowledged he played injured because he didn't want to lose his starting spot.

I don't even know why I try giving facts. It seems people would rather hate than understand things rationally and accurately. Just let the media manipulate their emotions and prey on them. It's so discouraging and disheartening.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.