Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Tim from Lancaster, PA
It looks like we are watching the changing of the guard in the AFC. Do you believe the NFL is in good hands?

The NFL has its finger on the pulse of America. It knows exactly what the American sports fan wants. That's what worries me. It disturbed me to see the Ravens trample the Titans' logo yesterday. What bothers me most is we delight in this crap. I am a product of the Lombardi generation. I am from a time when football was a noble endeavor. Now, it feels cheap. Taunting exists on nearly every play. Yes, the NFL is in good hands. Are we?

Continue Reading @ Ask Vic 

Ask Vic wrote:

I have to agree with Vic. I remember when people blasted the hell out of Jermichael Finley for doing his "First down Fin" every first down. Now we see players doing something similar on a routine basis.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

I have to agree with Vic. I remember when people blasted the hell out of Jermichael Finley for doing his "First down Fin" every first down. Now we see players doing something similar on a routine basis.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

So many players are classless these days. When I mention it I find out that I am a grumpy old man and I should shut up and let them have their fun.
*Sigh*
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
3 years ago

So many players are classless these days. When I mention it I find out that I am a grumpy old man and I should shut up and let them have their fun.
*Sigh*

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I think that many of us have grown up with that "Act like you have been there before" mentality. Yes, it is great to celebrate sometimes. The celebrating of routine plays or when you are losing I just find wrong.

Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I think that many of us have grown up with that "Act like you have been there before" mentality. Yes, it is great to celebrate sometimes. The celebrating of routine plays or when you are losing I just find wrong.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I dunno. When I see a DB celebrating when the WR dropped the pass, it confuses me. You didn't do anything. If you're cheering that the guy dropped it, doesn't that fall into the sissy pants taunting realm?

I'm still on board with Barry Sanders. Act like ya been there before and gonna be there again.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
To answer the question directly, the NFL is in the hands of Roger Goodell, so no, it's not in good hands...

1) While Roger might be good for the bottom line, he's all about PR, which has resulted his desire and chase to get more vague rules which can be interpret different ways, so that the head ref and the NFL can always bad the Refs on the field, no matter how the rule is being implied, for better PR.

2) This has also lead to players being fined for good but very hard LEGAL hits that the announcers point out (especially on STs) while on the very exact same play, there can be a very hard illegal hit, that doesn't get mentioned by the announcers gets off free with no punishment.

3) Also due to PR, Goodell has attempted to bury things like Spy Gate and Bounty Gate, without ever letting it become public... he was unsuccessful with those, but what ones has he been successful with?

4) Also PR reasons, the NFL has told the Refs to stop calling penalty at the end of the game... this goes back before the fail mary game and the fail mary Ref will tell you, he did what the NFL asked of them, to not call a penalty at the end.... and NO ONE, NO ONE can prove to me that isn't exactly what happened at the end of the Saints/Rams game where the Saints got screwed because a Ref didn't throw a clear flag on a play that happened right in front of him...

I know this isn't what was meant, but I felt the question had to be answered this way by someone. Now moving back to the way you meant.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
Honestly I don't mind the celebrations, as long as they're not too over the top... especially like clapping or something, that's just being happy at the results, weather they did something or not, and probably happened back in the day too, they just probably didn't show it as much.

I do agree that sometimes I feel like, Com'on save it for when you at least get a first down... or something. And it depends who it is... if it's Adams celebrating every catch, that will be a bit over the top... of it's WR Taylor celebrating every catch as he barely gets in offense, that's a bit different.

Purposely standing on their logo is over the top, and too much, but Ravens were sorta doing payback from the regular season when the Titans messed with their logo.

And Steelers WR dancing on everyone logo, after it became a big thing was a bit much...

But in game, I like some reactions... I think it's more of a how big was the play and how long the reaction goes for.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Honestly I don't mind the celebrations, as long as they're not too over the top... especially like clapping or something, that's just being happy at the results, weather they did something or not, and probably happened back in the day too, they just probably didn't show it as much.

Originally Posted by: beast 

No so much. A pat on the back or a handshake were about as far as it went on the field/sidelines. In the locker room after a game was over (and won) perhaps a little more jovial.

But in game, I like some reactions... I think it's more of a how big was the play and how long the reaction goes for.

Get off my lawn you young whippersnapper.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I've watched a lot of games from the 60's, 70's and 80's ... didn't really notice it much. And that's probably because you could get your ass smashed without getting fined and/or ejected.

You can't do the Deacon slap anymore because someone might get a precious headache. You can't closeline anyone because they might not be able to play next week. A god damn bunch of flowers out there!

Check out some games from the 60's and 70's and you'll see gloriousness like this.

And this kind of stuff I'm thinking we can do without, but I do like seeing people enjoying themselves.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
I think celebrations go way overboard nowadays. Like was already said, a WR drops a pass, and the DB celebrates like HE made a big play.
Or an “average” first down.

Yes, if it’s a game changing or sealing play, I can understand it.
But a WR who looks back at a trailing DB, showboating, I don’t like that.

And like WPR said.......
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
🤪😂😂😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (6h) : Adds most of the information this time of year comes from agents.
Mucky Tundra (6h) : @RealAlexBarth Bill Belichick says accurate draft information doesn't leak from teams until about 12 hours before the draft. Adds most of th
Mucky Tundra (6h) : I am very happy that for moment, Jordan Love seems like a normal human being
Zero2Cool (17h) : Belichick * whatever
Zero2Cool (17h) : "There's a lot of depth at Offensive Tackle and Wide Receiver." Bill Bellichick
Zero2Cool (23h) : Thanks! I can't believe it's over haha
Martha Careful (16-Apr) : Congratulations
Zero2Cool (16-Apr) : Boom. Student Loan. $0.00. Only took about 20 years.
Zero2Cool (14-Apr) : Packers DT Kenny Clark: New defensive coordinator Jeff Hafley will 'allow us to be way more disruptive'
Zero2Cool (12-Apr) : Saints have agreed to terms on a contract with former Packers wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown.
beast (12-Apr) : No, but of it's for legislation, then half of the country will find it evil, not good, whatever it says....
Mucky Tundra (12-Apr) : Draft is still 2 weeks away. UGH
dhazer (11-Apr) : Does anyone know of a good AI generator to create letters of Support for legislation?
Zero2Cool (11-Apr) : Gordon "Red" Batty retires as equipment manager
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Sounds like that's pretty certain now.
Zero2Cool (10-Apr) : Packers "at" Eagles in Brazil. Week One
dfosterf (10-Apr) : Va' Fazer As Malas Va' !
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Mark Murphy tipping us off?
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : “We’re either the first- or second-most popular team in Brazil.”
Zero2Cool (9-Apr) : Christian Watson got married. Wife better be careful with those hamstrings!! 😂😂
dfosterf (9-Apr) : Those poor bastards
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Falcons have signed former Packers CB Kevin King, who has been out of football since 2021.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Collectively, we need to spend more time in what we have, when analyzing ostendible needs and historical proclivities
dfosterf (8-Apr) : I say he is better than so many of these draft picks
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Question of the week for me: Has anyone besides me done any deep dive into the potential of Alex McGough, our 3rd string qb?
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Or in Tunsil's case, something gets released day of draft or day before lol
Zero2Cool (8-Apr) : Seems every year someone does something pre-draft.
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Falling down drunk. The draft board
dfosterf (8-Apr) : Allright! Potential character guy/f#×k up pickup in D'Vondre Sweat!
Zero2Cool (7-Apr) : Go Badgers!!!
Martha Careful (6-Apr) : Go Boilermakers!!!
Martha Careful (5-Apr) : Diggs has not stepped up in the playoffs and has a high cost
beast (5-Apr) : Probably not going to let Diggs walk away unless he's horrible... but according to reports he also might not be as good as he used to be.
beast (5-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft has been an offensive player since 2017, 2 TE, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 OC
Mucky Tundra (5-Apr) : Odd, why give up a 2025 2nd Rounder for him if you're just gonna let him walk?
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : Texans to let Diggs be free agent in '25
buckeyepackfan (4-Apr) : 49r's aign RB Patrick Taylor.
Martha Careful (4-Apr) : Reversion to the mean would indicate we will keep it
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : It's also been utilized in a trade in 14 of the past 20 years
Zero2Cool (4-Apr) : The 25th pick in the draft hasn't been made by it's original holder since 2016.
Mucky Tundra (4-Apr) : Gotta imagine that Green Bay vs Houston will be a primetime game this upcoming season
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : No. Kill QB. No worries. 😁
Mucky Tundra (3-Apr) : Diggs, Collins, Dell and Schultz is gonna be tough to cover
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Stefon Diggs' trade will not be processed as a post-June 1 designation, so that is just over $31 million in dead cap this year.
Zero2Cool (3-Apr) : Bills trading WR Stefon Diggs to the Texans in exchange for a 2025 2nd-round pick. (via @rapsheet)
beast (3-Apr) : Using Patterson as RB and RB/WR tweener... so I think they also signed Patterson as a 3rd down RB, not just a kick returner as articles are
beast (3-Apr) : I think PFT missed the real Steelers/Patterson connection, Steelers new OC Arthur Smith has been Patterson's head coach the last 3 years
wpr (2-Apr) : It has Martha. I was stunned when I was in HS to learn Iowa was still playing half court BB in the 70's.
Martha Careful (2-Apr) : Caitlin Clark, Angel Reese...women's sports has come a long way. GREAT TO SEE!!
Martha Careful (31-Mar) : Happy Easter everyone. I hope you all have a great day.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Random Babble / Mucky Tundra

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

12h / Random Babble / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16-Apr / Random Babble / Martha Careful

15-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12-Apr / Random Babble / Nonstopdrivel

12-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

8-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.