beast
3 years ago

Do those grades exclude when the OL gets ran backwards into the QB or RB causing a play to crumble? Maybe they missed both 49ers games and the Chargers game? PFF? I say, pfft.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Which off, what's a crumble? Are cookies allowed on the field now? Last I heard, all food, even hotdogs and stuff are supposively banned from the field, those they still order some to the field at times.

Though really feel like the NFL is missing out of an advising opportunity here. A player eatting a pizza on the sidelines, would make me wanna get a pizza lol

Also, as for PFF, I think one down side I remember when their information was more free, (their off-season FA stuff was free), I noticed players who hasn't play as much didn't get extreme grades, even some of the horrible ones.. and I thought I realized to get truely accurate grades from PFF you had to combine their grade with their snap count and make a formula.

Basically it was harder to compare guys in PFF until their snap counts were in the same ball parks as others...

Unless you knew the PFF baseline... then you could take their score, minus the baseline and then divide the snap count.

But so far, it has seemed Turner has done better at OT than he did at OG, which is very surprising and rare to see, though, I've also wondered how much TE help is he getting.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

NO!!

I am glad Turner is doing better than last year. (He really couldn't do worse.)

I was listening to a Packers podcast a few days ago that spoke about this. While Turner has done fairly well he really hasn't faced any DE/Edge who would be considered remotely elite. Do you want Turner or Bak facing the big boys like Mack, the Bosa brothers or Donaldson? I take Bak every time.

A week or two ago PFF charged Turner with giving up a sack to a guy who only had one sack on the year. That one. Even though he hasn't given up many sacks or pressures in the past few weeks, he has been losing the head to head battle on a regular basis. The thing that has saved Aaron is he was rolling to the right or he got rid of the ball quickly.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

How about Jenkins facing those guys and Turner at RT?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
3 years ago
It will be a tough decision. I still don't see a contract for Bakh. I can see a franchise for a year and then we let him go. I think even with Bakh some of those teams will still overpower us. I think the play without him has shown that perhaps cap money could and should be placed elsewhere.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Which off, what's a crumble? Are cookies allowed on the field now? Last I heard, all food, even hotdogs and stuff are supposively banned from the field, those they still order some to the field at times.

Though really feel like the NFL is missing out of an advising opportunity here. A player eatting a pizza on the sidelines, would make me wanna get a pizza lol

Also, as for PFF, I think one down side I remember when their information was more free, (their off-season FA stuff was free), I noticed players who hasn't play as much didn't get extreme grades, even some of the horrible ones.. and I thought I realized to get truely accurate grades from PFF you had to combine their grade with their snap count and make a formula.

Basically it was harder to compare guys in PFF until their snap counts were in the same ball parks as others...

Unless you knew the PFF baseline... then you could take their score, minus the baseline and then divide the snap count.

But so far, it has seemed Turner has done better at OT than he did at OG, which is very surprising and rare to see, though, I've also wondered how much TE help is he getting.

Originally Posted by: beast 

I agree he has and it is a bit of a surprise. I've seen guys struggle as a tackle then get bumped inside and do well but I can't remember anyone stinking as a OG and then doing well at OT. As far as TE help, it doesn't seem to be very much. If it was then people wouldn't be raving about how well he's playing.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

I wish I could say if that is going to work. I hope so.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

It will be a tough decision. I still don't see a contract for Bakh. I can see a franchise for a year and then we let him go. I think even with Bakh some of those teams will still overpower us. I think the play without him has shown that perhaps cap money could and should be placed elsewhere.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

It's a tough decision. paying big money to him could come back and bite them in the butt. Same goes for not paying him. They already let one OT walk. Letting them both walk is a little disconcerting. It might work and it might not. There's only one way to tell.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

Normally I'd say hell no, pay the man...

But then the Texans got stupid... trading two first rounders (one which looks like a top 10 pick this year), for an OT that needed a new contract and they didn't lock in anew contract before the trade, so then gave him $22 per year...

And Bak is demanding to be the top paid OT in the NFL...

The Packers need to improve their OL, even with Bak (and need to improve a number of other positions, especially on defense).

But $22 million per year?... got to at least consider what you might get in a tag and trade... hey McCarthy, want make sure Dak doesn't get injured next year? (Cowboys are tight on cap and probably can't afford it, though they could trade us one of the top 3 WRs, and basically switch need for need though they're taking a higher cap load).

But it's going to be very interesting with Bak and Jones, I think sign one and tag the other is smart, but you also might have to let one hit the open market and hope the market has a lower value on them (or close enough) to the Packers value and they come back.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

But then the Texans got stupid... trading two first rounders (one which looks like a top 10 pick this year), for an OT that needed a new contract and they didn't lock in anew contract before the trade, so then gave him $22 per year...

The Packers need to improve their OL, even with Bak (and need to improve a number of other positions, especially on defense).

But $22 million per year?... got to at least consider what you might get in a tag and trade... hey McCarthy, want make sure Dak doesn't get injured next year? (Cowboys are tight on cap and probably can't afford it, though they could trade us one of the top 3 WRs, and basically switch need for need though they're taking a higher cap load).

But it's going to be very interesting with Bak and Jones, I think sign one and tag the other is smart, but you also might have to let one hit the open market and hope the market has a lower value on them (or close enough) to the Packers value and they come back.

Between Bakh and Lindsley, that might be a WR and a DT. Just saying.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
earthquake
3 years ago

I feel like if Bahk or Jones get to the open market, they're gone. Some teams with cap space will be willing to pay more than market value for them.

$22m is mid grade QB money. Bahk is really, really good, but with Rodger's contract and some of the other's, I don't know how they can make it work, especially with a down cap year in 2021 (and probably 2022 at this point too). Though I would not be surprised to see Rodger's contract reworked to make it happen in some way.

Tagging is an interesting idea for Bahk, looks like the tag number will be closer to $15m. If they can't get something long term done I think that would be very prudent. And then maybe trade him for a couple of decent draft picks if you get a good offer.
blank
earthquake
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

This might be the most sensible, long term option. Draft someone to replace Turner within the next year or two. Guards aren't that difficult to find.
blank
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.