nerdmann
3 years ago
We're still just as good of a team as we have been. But we gotta increase our security. Self scout. Find the tell. Disguise better.

I though EQ blew it twice. Had a couple opportunities. Maybe he'll get in the flow.

MVS isn't good for much.

Wagner looked decent at LT. I feel like we've gut guys we can plug in there. More depth than in the previous decade or so.

30 was playing very well. Seemed like they were keying on 33.

Pettine needs to prove himself imo. Get it done dude.

Didn't seem like a lot of play action today. Except for that Jet sweep stuff. What about some traps, Matt? Give em an enema draw. Too much pressure on Aaron.

Aaron is one of those guys teams are usually afriad to blitz.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
go.pack.go.
3 years ago

We're still just as good of a team as we have been. But we gotta increase our security. Self scout. Find the tell. Disguise better.

I though EQ blew it twice. Had a couple opportunities. Maybe he'll get in the flow.

MVS isn't good for much.

Wagner looked decent at LT. I feel like we've gut guys we can plug in there. More depth than in the previous decade or so.

30 was playing very well. Seemed like they were keying on 33.

Didn't seem like a lot of play action today. Except for that Jet sweep stuff. What about some traps, Matt? Give em an enema draw. Too much pressure on Aaron.

Aaron is one of those guys teams are usually afriad to blitz.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

We must’ve been watching two different games. I don’t think Wagner could’ve blocked me. I surely hope they plan on bringing back 69 next year. And I surely hope his injury isn’t serious.

UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
I was just looking at the standings and the Bears past the Packers due to the Packers loss to the Bucs...

But honestly, the 5th seed (where the Packers would currently be) this year might have an easier playoff road than the 2nd seed (where the Bears currently are)...

Because now 7 teams from each conference make it in... meaning the 7th seed plays the 2nd seed .... so the Bears would have a home game against the Saints or Cardinals (depending on if the Saints or Cardinals won)...

But the 5th seed would have a road game against the 4th seed, ie the worst division winning, or whomever wins the NFC East, currently nthe Cowboys... and then if the Packers win, then face the Seahawks or Bears.... as long as the Seahawks don't have their fans back by then, I might prefer that playoff route.

Packers should beat the Cowboys whom are missing their starting OTs for the year and don't have much of a defense...

Then Seahawks offense, especially their passing game is unstoppable, but their defense kinda sucks a lot too... Leading to a great shootout, or facing the Bears which will be a lower scoring game, but if the Packers are healthy, should be able to win.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Too early for seedlings. Things can and will change before the season is over.
But we sure looked like we did last year against the 49ers.
In other words, awful.
Beat the crappy teams, get blown out by decent teams.
UserPostedImage
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago

Too early for seedlings. Things can and will change before the season is over.
But we sure looked like we did last year against the 49ers.
In other words, awful.
Beat the crappy teams, get blown out by decent teams.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Here's why it was different from the 49ers last year: the Packers played a decent 1st Q, had the lead and looked dangerous -- all this despite the formations and blocking being subpar from the start (recall the first pass of the game was almost picked off because Bob Tonyan had a pathetic block against the CB on the quick-WR pass).

This game came down to clear effort and fundamentals; other than the speed of the Bucs D, I didn't come away in any sense feeling the Bucs are 100% more talented than us. With the 49ers, we looked liked kids vs. a bunch of adults from the start and it was clear the talent gap was there.

Outcome may be the same, but the reason for it is different; this year's team is still looks to have the talent to contend - assuming they bother to show up.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
Mucky Tundra
3 years ago

Here's why it was different from the 49ers last year: the Packers played a decent 1st Q, had the lead and looked dangerous -- all this despite the formations and blocking being subpar from the start (recall the first pass of the game was almost picked off because Bob Tonyan had a pathetic block against the CB on the quick-WR pass).

This game came down to clear effort and fundamentals; other than the speed of the Bucs D, I didn't come away in any sense feeling the Bucs are 100% more talented than us. With the 49ers, we looked liked kids vs. a bunch of adults from the start and it was clear the talent gap was there.

Outcome may be the same, but the reason for it is different; this year's team is still looks to have the talent to contend - assuming they bother to show up.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

I got the same vibe from the game. The Bucs came in the game as one of the most penalized teams in NFL and came out of this game with 0 penalties. How often does Rodgers throw 2 INTs in a game? Let alone on back to back drives? The Bucs were sharp no doubt but it feels like everything bounced their way this game as opposed to being outclassed. The only thing that really worries me is that they had a number of near picks in the first half and seemed to know where to go before our guys did.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Smokey
3 years ago
I too got excited when the Pack opened with a 10 point lead. No one went overboard with celebrations and GB appeared to working at a steady pace.

Lady Luck (and Troy Aikman) began to pound the drum of bad luck and the negative plays started. They have suffered Aikman before, but LL follows her own agenda.

Let us hope that in time this game will turn into a blessing in disguise. Using this game as a discovery of GB's faults it can be utilized to build a better Packer team. Perhaps it is better to learn these lessens now, rather than at a more critical point in the season. I can't believe that GB would repeat this performance with TB in a playoff game.

Learn from it and get ready to travel to Houston.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
Nerd noted

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Yes that is true for the offense. But even without the 14 gift points, the defense gave up an additional 24 point in 3 quarters. Whatever we are doing is not working.

MVS isn't good for much.

Nothing new here.

I thought Wagner sucked, an absolute turnstile....IMO

Amen, there has been a lot of free agent and draft talent spent on that side of the ball and the trend is not good.

Aaron is one of those guys teams are usually afraid to blitz.

When we had an above average line and could pick up blitzes, that was the case. Our line, especially without Bahk, is pedestrian.

The net is that we are not a terribly 'physical' team. We cannot play smash mouth, nor stop smash mouth. We are a very average team with a very very good quarterback.

Obviously, unless that quarterback plays perfectly, we will not win against quality opponents.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
3 years ago
Let’s face it, our defense still sucks. Brady had all day to find open receivers.
Our offense, which had been our saving grace, was horrible after the first two drives.
So now teams know, rattle Rodgers, and you can steamroll the Packers.
Any good defense will stop the Packers. The Bears will kill us. And I didn’t think that would be possible with the way our first four games went. Now I don’t feel at all good about this team. Like last year, beat so so teams, get creamed by good teams.
Of course I hope they right the ship and prove me wrong.
It just reminded me so much of the 3 games on the west coast last year.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
We are above average, which I guess is good....but we are not great, nor even close.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (15h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (16h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (18h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (19h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
16m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.