nerdmann
3 years ago
Matt was misdirecting Tampa's D all over the field. All of a sudden they know where the ball is going EVERY TIME. Two INTs in a row, against Aaron Rodgers!? Please.

They run a screen out to 33 late in the 3rd. Defense is right there waiting for it.

This is NOT going to get fixed. Because there is nothing to fix. It's gonna go on for awhile until they figure out wtf it is. Maybe Brady brought some cheating over from NE.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
yooperfan
3 years ago
That game was fixed!
nerdmann
3 years ago

That game was fixed!

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

This game flipped LIKE A SWITCH. Two consecutive INTs, by Aaron Rodgers? They need to self scout. This will continue to be used against them.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Cheesey
3 years ago
Looks like the Packers will have to change THEIR name to the “Green Bay Tampax”, because today they were only good for one period.
UserPostedImage
bboystyle
3 years ago
4-1. All smoke and mirrors.

Just another season of crappy football by GB wasting another HOF QBs career. Nothing new to see here folks
all_about_da_packers
3 years ago

This game flipped LIKE A SWITCH. Two consecutive INTs, by Aaron Rodgers? They need to self scout. This will continue to be used against them.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Or the players need to execute better. First INT was all Rodgers - look at the replay or watch the A22 when it comes out. He snaps, stares down Davante ALL the way on a blitz and the CB read it precisely because Aaron Rodgers makes it obvious he will throw to Davante once Davante makes his cut. So CB jumps the route when ball is released, and easy pick-6. It was atrociously poor fundamentals from Rodgers, not a design flaw.

Second INT was simply a missed catch that Davante should have had. Maybe you can argue it's a but of a fluke with a defender right there to catch the tipped ball, but Davante has to make that though catch (and usually does 95% of the time). The ball was literally in the hands of Davante - he just needs to secure it; or, if he doesn't, more likely than not there is no other defender nearby to grab that deflection. Bad execution with a little bad luck thrown in.

The only thing I will question on the play-calling is early emphasis on Aaron Jones boundary run calls. For those to work, in addition to WRs blocking, the O-line has to get to the second level to block LBs. It was clear pretty early on that our O-line was not going doing well blocking the LBs on the second level.

Not going to lie: I was jarred by Aaron throwing 2 INTs - so I can understand the team totally being deflated when that happened. But the execution by players needs to improve more than anything; it wasn't a scheme flaw or anything that needs self-scouting.
The NFL: Where Greg Jennings Happens.
beast
3 years ago
So if the Packers don't win every single game it's either fixed or wasting a guys career? ...

Then FUCK IT! You should stop watching right now... I mean what's the point of wasting your time?

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
3 years ago

Or the players need to execute better. First INT was all Rodgers - look at the replay or watch the A22 when it comes out. He snaps, stares down Davante ALL the way on a blitz and the CB read it precisely because Aaron Rodgers makes it obvious he will throw to Davante once Davante makes his cut. So CB jumps the route when ball is released, and easy pick-6. It was atrociously poor fundamentals from Rodgers, not a design flaw.

Second INT was simply a missed catch that Davante should have had. Maybe you can argue it's a but of a fluke with a defender right there to catch the tipped ball, but Davante has to make that though catch (and usually does 95% of the time). The ball was literally in the hands of Davante - he just needs to secure it; or, if he doesn't, more likely than not there is no other defender nearby to grab that deflection. Bad execution with a little bad luck thrown in.

The only thing I will question on the play-calling is early emphasis on Aaron Jones boundary run calls. For those to work, in addition to WRs blocking, the O-line has to get to the second level to block LBs. It was clear pretty early on that our O-line was not going doing well blocking the LBs on the second level.

Not going to lie: I was jarred by Aaron throwing 2 INTs - so I can understand the team totally being deflated when that happened. But the execution by players needs to improve more than anything; it wasn't a scheme flaw or anything that needs self-scouting.

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

Not saying it's a sceme flaw.

It'sxlike when Herschel walker only put in his mouthpiece when it was a running play. Something like that. They knew what was coming.
Cheesey
3 years ago

So if the Packers don't win every single game it's either fixed or wasting a guys career? ...

Then FUCK IT! You should stop watching right now... I mean what's the point of wasting your time?

Originally Posted by: beast 

R-E-L-A-X, Beast!
Guys are just frustrated with what was an awful display today.
A complete failure on all parts.
With how we won the 4 games, it’s hard to imagine how they could play so terrible.
If you at least play well, then you don’t feel so deflated. After the first two drives, it was 100 % lousy.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: all_about_da_packers 

I couldn't believe it when I saw the replay. How can a HOF QB stare at his receiver the whole time? That's on the QB 101 stuff of things you never do. Even the second int was forced. There was defender right there and the double team defender was only a couple of steps away. Also QB 101 "don't throw into a double team. Someone else is going to be open."

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (7h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (14h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (15h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (16h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (19h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (21h) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (21h) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (21h) : Against tbd
dfosterf (21h) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (22h) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (22h) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (22h) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (22h) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (22h) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (22h) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (22h) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (23h) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
dfosterf (25-Mar) : A major foul will be enforced on the offense if there are offsetting penalties in a change of possession situation
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Teams will receive a 3rd challenge if 1 was successful. Previously, it took 2
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.