4PackGirl
3 years ago
Not complying does NOT equate to the cops being judge, jury, & executioner. The good cops know that unless they are in imminent bodily harm, they are to do everything to calm the situation down. I'm telling you again - this kind of thing happens every damn day in every damn town in this country. If Jacob Blake was a rapist, take him into custoday properly, & give him his day in court. In fact, that cop was SO close to him, this is one of the FEW times, he could have actually shot him in the leg or the arm but he CHOSE to put 7 in the man's BACK!!! That is nothing but a cowardly act!
dhazer
3 years ago
1st off the guy had a weapon on him, he was tazed twice to no effect. He was high on something and he was reaching for a gun (he admitted to that). So when they can't control him and he reaches in the car he is grabbing the gun, you are taught shoot to eliminate the threat. You shoot him in the leg he shoots you in the head. I have taken carry conceal classes and they even tell you if you are going to carry you shoot to eliminate the threat not wound.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

Not complying does NOT equate to the cops being judge, jury, & executioner. The good cops know that unless they are in imminent bodily harm, they are to do everything to calm the situation down. I'm telling you again - this kind of thing happens every damn day in every damn town in this country. If Jacob Blake was a rapist, take him into custoday properly, & give him his day in court. In fact, that cop was SO close to him, this is one of the FEW times, he could have actually shot him in the leg or the arm but he CHOSE to put 7 in the man's BACK!!! That is nothing but a cowardly act!

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

Julie, the police WERE in imminent danger! They TRIED tasing him twice, and it did nothing. They gave him plenty of chances to give himself up. HE CHOSE to fight and try to escape. It all happened in a matter of seconds. Again, making excuses for Blake not complying with the police. He is a career criminal, who made the police do what they had to do to stop him from grabbing a gun and shooting them. Watch the video! Had the cop not shot Blake, would you have wanted one or more of the police to end up dead at the hands of a desperate criminal? What if one of those cops was one of YOUR loved ones? Or the girl that was sexually assaulted one of your loved ones?
Blake got what he asked for. He alone deserves all of the blame for being shot. All he had to do was give himself up. Why is that so hard to understand?
Do you think the cops wanted it to end that way? They tried non deadly force. They shouted over and over for him to stop! Tasers didn’t stop him, which leads me to believe Blake was on drugs. Tasers drop you in your tracks. And getting it twice should have stopped him.

In the end, Blake caused all of it by his own criminal behavior.
To ignore that fact....I just don’t understand how anyone can overlook that, and blame the police. It’s not like the cops just opened fire on him without trying everything else first.
And like was said by dhazer, you shoot to stop the threat. Shooting in the leg doesn’t stop the threat. Blake could still have grabbed the gun and trust me, he wouldn’t have shot to wound, he would have shot to kill.
UserPostedImage
dyeah_gb
3 years ago

Have any of you ever had something horrible done to you by the police? Have you been wrongfully accused of anything? Have you been screamed at as a 13 year old boy by the police for doing nothing wrong? Have you been kicked in the face multiple times, losing many teeth, laying bloodied on the ground, & the 3 people who did it to you got no charges even though they admitted what they did? Have you gone to a district attorney to beg for some help with both of these situations & got turned away? NO? YES? These things happened to one of my sons & my husband. The one with my son was particularly horrible because guns were drawn, they were screamed at over & over again, called "cop haters", & all because a little old lady across the street from the home they were in somehow thought they broke into the house. My son & 2 friends had been at this kids home multiple times over the years, all of them very quiet shy guys. They were doing nothing but playing xbox. They saw the cops in the back yard with their guns out & the police dog too. So, they called their mom - she in turn called the police to inform them that her son & his friends were in there playing xbox, she told them to keep the door locked, & to stay inside. Didn't matter to the cops though - they were liars as far as they were concerned, there was NO WAY they couldn't have heard them yell into a slightly opened window with 2 dogs barking in the room while the police dog barked too. This shit happens every damn day you guys. My husband did nothing to provoke his attack either. We live in a small town near Peoria IL so it's the good ole boys crew for cops here. Our mayor is the town drunk & he doesn't want to rock the boat. My husband was attacked by people who were "good friends" with the mayor of Peoria so nothing happened to them. Stop being blind to the truth. Stop trying to make excuses for police acting like morons. The job of the police is to DE-ESCALATE THE SITUATION!!! That means you don't walk up to a situation, make assumptions with your God complex, & start shooting. I know good cops - my husband's best friend is the Captain for the Sheriff's office. No they're not ALL bad just like not ALL black people are bad. I always respected police, had a healthy fear of them, & now? Not an ounce of respect for the officers who get away with shit just because they're cops. You are aware that domestic violence is very prevalent with cops, right? These are NOT heroes - they are doing a job they are paid to do.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

Seems like you have a legitimate civil rights issue that you should report. Recommend you collect all evidence and report these events to the local authorities and state attorney general, in fact, Not doing so will just place other innocent minorities to suffer the same fate. Every day apparently. I am sure the media would be happy to share your story as well. Sad to hear that racism exists where you are at.

Your criticism of the cops in the Blake case are way off the mark though. Sad that, despite all the evidence that you cannot give cops doing their job the benefit of the doubt.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

1st off the guy had a weapon on him, he was tazed twice to no effect. He was high on something and he was reaching for a gun (he admitted to that). So when they can't control him and he reaches in the car he is grabbing the gun, you are taught shoot to eliminate the threat. You shoot him in the leg he shoots you in the head. I have taken carry conceal classes and they even tell you if you are going to carry you shoot to eliminate the threat not wound.

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

There's more. The man was accused of putting his finger inside the woman (against her will), smelling his finger and said something like it smelled like she had been sleeping around. Consequently, charges (sexual assault being one of them) were filed and restraining order established. He violated the restraining order by showing up at her residence which ultimately prompted the woman to phone the police, who arrived with in minutes.

Imagine being the woman in this situation. Someone sexually violates you and then shows up unwanted at your residence and you call the police only to then see the alleged perpetrator canonized because the police were left to use lethal force on the person you feel violated you.

You'll even hear people saying something about the police firing shots near children as if it's the polices fault the guy refused being arrested for violating the restraining order and it's the polices fault the guy walked closer to his children while officers were ordering him to stop.

We are quick to read a headline, watch a video clip and surmise our own set of facts and moral compass before trying to understand the causality of the situation. Who has the time to do a deep dive investigation of every new 'trending video' that social media and the media relentlessly shoves down our throats? We want to trust the people on the news and those writing articles are providing unbiased summaries of the events because we're busy fucking people, man!

When it comes to Jacob Blake, I was one of them. I watched the ~10 second video of a man walking around his vehicle and open his door only to see an officer fire off more than a half dozen shots. I thought WTF is wrong with that cop! Then more and more details came out and while I am still against shooting someone while their back is turned, I feel a large portion of responsibility for those events falls on Blake, not the police.

How people can condemn police officers over this awful incident is beyond me. It shows me more evidence to how the media and social media are inflicting what I feel is irreparable harm in our world.

While I do not feel police are the enemy, I do feel we need some kind of police reform that results with officers better trained at deescalating situations without firing off a deadly weapon. What that answer is, I'm not sure. Maybe use gorilla strength tranquilizer darts, I don't know.
UserPostedImage
4PackGirl
3 years ago
We took all evidence to the DA, contacted a civil rights attorney, & once again NOTHING WAS DONE!! I think what people aren't understanding is that while we have laws to protect people from brutality & you'd think it would just be a simple issue of providing evidence, the DA does the right thing, the officers get in trouble or fired, & everyone goes on their merry way - that ISN'T HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS - EVEN FOR WHITE PEOPLE!!

We can disagree on the Blake deal - I'm tired of arguing about that one particular incident. What people fail to recognize is that is ONLY ONE of MANY MANY MANY incidents that have happened over the years & continue to happen to this day. If you are too blind to see it, again I'm sorry for you & I hope & truly pray NONE of you are ever in this situation. I can empathize with police - having to make split second decisions really sucks & I wouldn't want to be in their shoes at all. I can also empathize with POC & everyone else who has been brutalized by police for decades. Why can't we all understand that there's a serious problem & work towards a solution? Why must it always be the fighting & politicizing of issues? I am telling you from a first person perspective that after an entire lifetime of absolute admiration & respect of police, I have absolutely no trust in them now. And that was after 2 incidents. Imagine a lifetime of dealing with cops pulling you over, just because.
Zero2Cool
3 years ago