beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
Politics suck, stop getting so stupidly focused on them, because let's be honest, the politicians don't give two shits about you (they really don't)... not the one you vote for, and especially not the ones you won't vote for.

We all want improvements, just have different opinions on how those improvements need to happen and what would or wouldn't be an improvement.

Just remember, when are the politicians lying, whenever their lips are moving...

That being said, I'd like to point out how both parties are royally screwing the people, as both parties are raising the debt like it'll never have to be paid back... as it's not their money and they can just blame a future President, so they're spending all they can while they're in charge, it's fucking disgusting... pretty sure we can trust college age students will the an unlimited credit card for frat parties more than we can trust politicians with them.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Beast, I know politicians don’t care about us. They care about power.
I watch the Packers to try to escape from all the crap going on.
But they keep shoving it down our throats.
From now on I’ll just mute the TV until actual play begins.

And KRK, I agree with you. When I was younger, I was afraid to say my feelings on politics and political correctness. I kept silent. And now that I’m older, I realize that remaining silent makes it seem like I’m agreeing with it. I also came to realize that the other side didn’t keep silent.
So I began to speak up. And yes, I’ve been attacked because of it.
But all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men (and women) to do nothing.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

Beast, I know politicians don’t care about us. They care about power.
I watch the Packers to try to escape from all the crap going on.
But they keep shoving it down our throats.
From now on I’ll just mute the TV until actual play begins.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Um, I watched a Packers/Vikings game, and didn't notice anything being shoved down anyone's throat...

Hell, even Greg Jennings and the refs behaved themselves...

Only thing I saw being shoved was Packers points down the Vikings throats...

Was there some political BS I missed? Or is this built up tensions making everyone over senative?
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

I don’t let others ruin my love of sports , I don’t agree with a lot of the players views but totally agree there needs to be change , I try to faze out all politics and watch sports for my entertainment !!

Originally Posted by: nyrpack 

Political correctness will destroy this country if no one dares to speak up and make people actually take the time to use their brains and be factual.
Criminals resisting arrest and getting hurt or killed, how is that racism?
Almost all of the people injured or killed would not have ended up that way had they just obeyed the cops orders.
I’m 63 years old. On the down side of life.
I keep seeing “global warming” and how the future children will pay for it if we don’t do something.
What about the kids that will have rampant crime, and cops that won’t stop it for fear of being locked up or killed themselves?
I could just ignore it, as I’ll probably be dead soon. But you that have kids.....will you do nothing?
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

Political correctness will destroy this country if no one dares to speak up and make people actually take the time to use their brains and be factual.

I love how both sides claim they're doing something different, and how one is good and one is bad, when they're doing basically the same shit...

The other side says the exact same for you... this is ridiculous, both sides are just talking shit and refusing to listen, that's the problem you see each other as enemies instead of equals that are in the same pain, and reacting the same, just on opposite ends of the spectrum.

All the sides really got to do, is pull their heads out of their asses, stop judging each other for the extremes but the moderate parts and actually fucking listen, but nope, just keep crappy all over each other, because that's doing any good other make you hero's making a difference in your own minds and the internet.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
So....what I’m saying is “bad”, or wrong?
I shouldn’t expect people that choose to commit crimes and choose to resist arrest to be held accountable for their own actions?
I don’t ask more of others then I would ask of myself.
NOTHING will change until people start holding themselves and their family members responsible for their own actions.
Skin color has NOTHING to do with what’s happening.
And to pretend it does is truly having their collective heads up their asses.
If I’m expected to ignore reality in order to appease them, it’s not going to happen.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
When there are not absolute truths, it is difficult to have a sane conversation. When there are only relative values, i.e. what right for you might not be right for me problems arise in society. We can all have different values as long as what is right for you does not impune my, or my family's freedoms or rights.

This is why we have laws, contract and property rights. It is also why we have the presumption of innocence in our laws.

Accordingly, if we can agree that:[list][*]cops should not be shot[*]when they are shot, all sides, factions, movements need to condemn it[*]prejudice is bad[*]looting is bad[*]destruction of public property is bad, [*]laws need to be followed, or prosecution should ensue[*]practical education is key to opportunity and advancement[*]the stuff I worked for is mine the stuff you worked for is yours[*]We won't presume anyone is criminal, and [*]No one will presume that someone else is responsible of the bad choices a person or their parents made[/list]then I think people could have a discussion of the issues.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

So....what I’m saying is “bad”, or wrong?
I shouldn’t expect people that choose to commit crimes and choose to resist arrest to be held accountable for their own actions?
I don’t ask more of others then I would ask of myself.
NOTHING will change until people start holding themselves and their family members responsible for their own actions.
Skin color has NOTHING to do with what’s happening.
And to pretend it does is truly having their collective heads up their asses.
If I’m expected to ignore reality in order to appease them, it’s not going to happen.

I'm not saying it's bad or wrong nessarily (and don't mean to be targeting you specifically, this is the.larger population not the groups), but quite literally both sides are only seeing hate and seeing each other for their worst parts of their groups, refusing to listen and they're saying the same shits...

Both sides are saying they need to speak up because these horrible actions can no longer repeat, and "NOTHING will change until people start holding themselves and their family members responsible for their own actions."

Basically this is one giant pissing contest, until both sides stop pissing and actually listen, absolutely nothing is going to get done... Just going to have more pissing.

The more people beat their chest and continue to piss, the longer it's going to drag out.... and yet the people beating their chest are saying they're doing it to stop it, but in reality, it's having the complete opposite effect.

Basically the more macho one side tries to play things, the other side will try to be just as macho.if not more... until both sides stop trying to be macho, nothing is gonna get done.

Basically we need a leader whom isn't going to be.macho his way through it, or it's not gonna stop.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
I don’t hate anyone. I just think they should be held to the same laws as everyone else.
I would like people of all colors to not commit crimes. And if you are stupid enough to do so and get caught, well, if you do the crime, do the time. No one is above the law.
If they really wanted to end having black men shot by police, it would be easy. Don’t fight the police.

There. I solved the problem.
But that’s not what they are after.
They want to vilify the police.
Excuses to do wrong.
Do they want to solve the problem?
It doesn’t seem that’s the case. Not by anything I have seen. I haven’t seen one single person in the media hold any person that has resisted arrest responsible for their own injuries or death because they resisted arrest. Nope, just blame the police. Just throw out the “you’re a racist!” card. Ignore the circumstances. Ignore the truth of why it happened.
Until someone important has the nerve to stand up and say so, nothing will change.
I’m a nobody. It’s easy for people to ignore my points.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
--- split messages into new topic ---

I don't understand why we need to state the race of someone who was shot or killed or committed any kind of crime. It feels like a method to sensationalize something. People will say "look at all the videos of it happening". I'd present you with a scenario. If you could buy two lottery tickets, they each cost the same, however, Ticket A has a 10% chance of giving you money, and Ticket B has a 40% chance of giving you money ... which ticket you gonna buy? You're gonna go with the one with higher odds. In other words, who's going to make a viral of a white dude getting shot after resisting arrest? Media cares about what they can do to get and keep your attention. That won't do it. They know what does, and that is why they hook you in with stating the race.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (2h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (2h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (3h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (5h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (6h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (9h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (10h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (20h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.