KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
3 years ago
We, the people of the United States, have to face the fact that many of our local, state, and the federal governments are failing in their primary obligation to protect citizens, families, and property from the lawless people.

Our country is unique in that we believe from the Declaration of Independence through the Constitution in that our rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (which includes the right to possess and enjoy property) are from God….they are NOT derived from government. Rather government’s function is to allow us to enjoy those God given rights.

We, the people, in order for government to function have chosen to abrogate some of those rights to the government with the understanding that they will fulfill certain obligations including the obligation to protect our person and property. Our Constitution protect our freedoms through limited government, i.e. it is restricted in that they cannot limit our freedom of speech, assembly, our ability to keep and bear arms, freedom from undue search, seizure of our possessions, as well as other rights.

We the people have agreed to abide by civil and criminal code and accept certain restrictions laws and penalties in return for the governments’ obligation to protect us and keep us from having to enforce our own protection.

Regrettably, with what is happening around the country, government is not doing the job. This is a failure at all levels of government: local, state and federal. For whatever reason, clearly a lot of these Mayors, Governors, and President either don’t have the brains or guts to stop the looting and rioting or allow it to continue for political purposes i.e. to appeal to or acquiesce to constituencies.

As many of you may have guessed if you read any of my ramblings, I’m a very conservative person religiously and politically. I have thrown some sharp metaphorical elbows at liberals who are off base and not doing the right thing. That notwithstanding, in my opinion, Trump, Attorney General Barr, about a dozen Governors, and many Mayors have failed in their obligations to protect citizens’ freedoms, rights, and property.

When there is a vacuum of personal freedom and law enforcement, the lawlessness seen in many of our cities regrettably and predictably will be met by counter lawlessness and people over-react in the other direction. This failure of our government is why we will see more 17 year old’s running through streets at night with AR-15’s. No matter where you are politically, that is not a good thing.

Government is not fulfilling their end of the bargain. The police, National Guard, and other tools of government are being deployed late, and in insufficient numbers and with poor tactical and engagement plans and instructions.

When government doesn’t keep their end of the deal, citizens are not going to keep their end of it either…and that leads to anarchy and chaos. Collectively these inactions and the counter actions by the people will lay the groundwork for more onerous impinging of our freedoms. No matter what the outcome in November, I am not optimistic.

I am thankful that I made the choice to live in a state that has ‘stand your ground’ law and rights.

I do not live in fear. However, I am prepared. I urge you to do the same.

Further, I urge you contact your local state and federal representatives (remember, they work for you) to:
• Use more force in dealing with looting and rioting
• Instead of defunding police, increase funding for police so that we can have:
o more of them
o better pay to incentivize even better quality people to do the job
o better-training, and
o better equipment, including body cams and protection.
• Urge our federal leaders to step in when states aren’t doing their jobs to protect citizens.

In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
3 years ago
Trump has been urging the mayor of Portland to take him up on his offer to bring in the National Guard.
But so far, the mayor is sitting on his hands and doing nothing.
If Trump forces his way in, how do you think the democrats would spin it? “Abuse of power! He’s a dictator!”
And if he doesn’t just send in the guard without the mayor asking for it.....”see that? Trump did NOTHING! He’s not a leader!”
A no win situation.
You know, just how they reacted when this whole virus thing started.
He closed down incoming flights from China....”he’s a RACIST! No reason to close down flights from China!”
Then their tune changed to ....“he should have reacted SOONER!”

Never before in my life have I lived in fear because of my beliefs. That now has changed. But I am prepared. I will defend myself, my loved ones and my property to what ever level is necessary.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Trump has been urging the mayor of Portland to take him up on his offer to bring in the National Guard.
But so far, the mayor is sitting on his hands and doing nothing.
If Trump forces his way in, how do you think the democrats would spin it? “Abuse of power! He’s a dictator!”
And if he doesn’t just send in the guard without the mayor asking for it.....”see that? Trump did NOTHING! He’s not a leader!”
A no win situation.
You know, just how they reacted when this whole virus thing started.
He closed down incoming flights from China....”he’s a RACIST! No reason to close down flights from China!”
Then their tune changed to ....“he should have reacted SOONER!”

Never before in my life have I lived in fear because of my beliefs. That now has changed. But I am prepared. I will defend myself, my loved ones and my property to what ever level is necessary.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Isn't this a crazy notion? State's have the power to ask for Federal help, yet, people think the President dictates everything. I think the majority of people do not understand how much power the Governor of the State has over what happens in the State vs the President over each individual State. Hell, maybe I'm the one who's wrong and the President can dictate everything with every State. 🤷‍♂️

Furthermore, regardless of who is in office, it is Americans who decide what happens in our Country.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
The president can force it, but like I already said, if he does it will be spun as him sticking his nose in where it doesn’t belong. And you KNOW the democrats would use that to try to make him lose the election.
It’s coming to a boiling point. People are getting sick and tired of the other side rioting and looting and killing.
Riots won’t help any side. But those doing so don’t really care in the first case. They want to destroy and kill because that’s what they want to do. Just gives them an “excuse”.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
3 years ago
I would hope that if my neighbors' homes and businesses were ransacked, which is to say their constitutional rights were being violated, and IF our Governor didn't take action (which he would, as we have a GREAT one), the Trump would do something.

Further, if I were President, I will find Constitutional justification for action when people are getting shot in the streets. I would like to think I would care more about taking care of peoples' rights, than winning re-election.

Regrettably, We The People, will likely have to act to put an end to the looting and madness, as our governments have failed to do so.
Cheesey
3 years ago
How do African Americans think that rioting and looting will get them what they want?
All it will do is make whites hate them as much as they hate us, and cause further divide between the races. It won’t gain anything positive.
And as long as the black leaders don’t stop their own, nothing will get better.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
3 years ago
Cheesey asked

How do African Americans think that rioting and looting will get them what they want?
All it will do is make whites hate them as much as they hate us, and cause further divide between the races. It won’t gain anything positive.
And as long as the black leaders don’t stop their own, nothing will get better.

In short "they" don't. "They" are not different than anyone else.

As with any group, a minority fringe ruins things for the majority of law abiding members of that group. When you talk to most black people, they cringe at the rioting and looting, but just like many of us, if we speak out, we are ostracized. "They" don't condone it any more that good cops condone the actions of bad cops.

Don't expect the race merchants to do anything, unrest is how they make their money and stay relevant.

Moreover, if you look at most of the rioting, looting et al. it is led by and conducted by Antifa members, the vast majority are white. IMO, if they were taken out, things will calm down.

Cheesey
3 years ago
I wonder if Antifa is somewhat like Charlie Manson, trying to start “Helter Skelter”?
For the young ones here that don’t know about it, Manson wanted to start a race war. So maybe that’s why they keep doing what they are doing.
The black people by us are good decent people. The closer we get to bigger cities, the more nasty ALL people get.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (16h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (17h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (18h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (20h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (21h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (23h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (28-Mar) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.