wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

So the football world agrees, they should have simply went by "Washington" until they got their new nickname officially trademarked.

Or Washington Snyder's, until the new nickname was approved.

This is why I've thought it's going to be Washington Warriors, as Synder is so lacking in original thoughts.

This is now going to be a killer if the new nickname isn't cool and they struggle. Now I'm hoping for Washington Redwolves.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Some guy was saying he liked mythical creature names like Kraken, Dragon and Minotaur. Ironically also on the list was Chimera and he didn't even mention them. It's a terrifying creature that features a fire-breathing lion’s head attached to a goat's body and ending in a serpent tail.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Most of the same group that bitched that Redskins was offensive and shouldn't be a football team are now the same ones lining up to crack jokes that the organization didn't rush into a new name 90 some days before the season started. They seem to think that is some easy task or can be done over night.

We really have a bunch of whiny bitches in this world.

And for whomever is coming up with a new nickname AND color scheme AND uniforms AND logo ... I feel for ya because NOTHING you do is gonna be accepted.

Personally, I'd leave it the Washington Football Team. It wouldn't be the worst thing, I mean, there is a team named after a freaking color.

LET'S GO BUCKS!!!
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

The response is overwhelming.

You nailed it KRK

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Overwhelming responses by underwhelming twitter tweet shock jock twits.

Only way Washington can come out on top of this is if they let a cancer kid come up with the nickname and colors. Even then people are gonna still cry, whine and bemoan "should have been done decades ago" rather than just appreciate and understand ... it has changed.

LET'S GO BUCKS!!!
UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago
I can fully understand why Washington delayed for decades changing their Name/Logo. Even with some minimal protesters, sports teams( especially NFL teams), have too much at stake to change unless retaining the Name/Logo becomes a business liability. Now the future team sales are at stake and Trademark/Copyright concerns are preventing Washington from announcing a new Name/Logo.
Some speculator copyrighted the best names that Washington must deal with before they can proceed. What they have done is to buy time to secure full rights before announcing a change. Were i the person holding on to those copyright claims, i'd be afraid for my life. He is messing with very powerful people.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
3 years ago

Some guy was saying he liked mythical creature names like Kraken, Dragon and Minotaur. Ironically also on the list was Chimera and he didn't even mention them. It's a terrifying creature that features a fire-breathing lion’s head attached to a goat's body and ending in a serpent tail.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I have suggested DC Dragons, if they really wanted to entirely come up with a new theme (though my favorite DC name is DC Destroyers...... also love the idea of suggesting DC Avengers just to troll and see the nerds flip a lid lol, only to go in opposite direction lol).

But yeah, they could potentially do something extreme creative and cool, but considering we're talking about Snyder, I wouldn't hold my breath, as he doesn't seem to have a creative bone.

And for whomever is coming up with a new nickname AND color scheme AND uniforms AND logo ... I feel for ya because NOTHING you do is gonna be accepted.

Personally, I'd leave it the Washington Football Team. It wouldn't be the worst thing, I mean, there is a team named after a freaking color.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think part of the problem is that they did this in two different moves, if they just took down Redskins and said we'll be know as Football Team until a new nickname is made, I don't think this would have been as big a deal, but they made it a two step process which created an extra unneeded narrative.

Also are you talking about the Browns, named after Paul Brown the original owner, and person whom Bill Belichick calls the greatest coach ever.

First, yeah that's a bad name and I think should be changed because it's lame and to hopefully get rid of their recent suckage (not that a name change would help). Cleveland Dogs (welcome to the dog pound).

But it depends on how creative with the name. I could be wrong, but I think mainly just the name and logo are changing. Which I think Synder will go with Warriors. But the colors and uniforms might stay. Maybe.

Were i the person holding on to those copyright claims, i'd be afraid for my life. He is messing with very powerful people.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Why be scared? You'd be getting paid and maybe lifetime tickets. Which is why so many tried to get in the way.

UserPostedImage
Smokey
3 years ago

Why be scared? You'd be getting paid and maybe lifetime tickets. Which is why so many tried to get in the way.

You forget, they still have not fund Jimmy Hoffa and should whoever this person is holding up a $100.00 for a dime, Washington would benefit should he suffer a fatal accident.

Washington will keep the colors, but get a new Name/Logo.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

You forget, they still have not fund Jimmy Hoffa and should whoever this person is holding up a $100.00 for a dime, Washington would benefit should he suffer a fatal accident.

Washington will keep the colors, but get a new Name/Logo.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

Hoffa was 1975.... whomever did something to him very well could be long dead. You worrying about one guy dying 45 years ago? Seems like overkill.

Almost all of the people purposely got in the way of the Redskins, you're the only person that I know that might be getting out of the way of a big pay day.

And should they suffer a fatal accident, they will still have to pay his family survivors as rights to the trademark will go to their family, which their family might then have lawsuits over a will or lack there of and making it more complex, than simply buying it outright.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Wow ......we’ve gone from the Redskins changing their name, to trying to find Jimmy Hoffa!😂
........I know where Hoffa’s body is.......it’s in the Minnesota Vikings Super Bowl trophy case!!!!
The guys that killed him knew they would never find the body, as there is no reason for anyone to ever look in there!!!😁
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

I think part of the problem is that they did this in two different moves, if they just took down Redskins and said we'll be know as Football Team until a new nickname is made, I don't think this would have been as big a deal, but they made it a two step process which created an extra unneeded narrative.

Isn't that what they did? They said they'd review the name. They determined the name must change and announced they'll be changing names. Then stated they'll be known as Football Team. I don't see anything to piss an bitch about here. The folks who wanted it changed are getting what they want.

Separately stated from the quoted message and said in general ...

I suppose not being involved in all name changing discussions means we should just assume and spread vile disparaging comments. That's how one shows they be cool!

Why is it culture to dias Dan Snyder? People always so quick to slander someone.
UserPostedImage
beast
  • beast
3 years ago

Isn't that what they did? They said they'd review the name. They determined the name must change and announced they'll be changing names. Then stated they'll be known as Football Team. I don't see anything to piss an bitch about here. The folks who wanted it changed are getting what they want.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I think because they upset.you, your missing nthe clear optics of how this appears to be mismanaged.

As they should have went from "Washington Redskins" to "Washington Football Team" in one solid move.

Instead of simply getting rid of the name, which built very good intrigued, only to have the good intrigue burst with a complete lame disappoint.

Also, you could be lumping more than one group together, as one, as I haven't heard the Indians groups make fun of it, or the main people that said the name was racist make fun of it. It's mainly the popular kids that made fun of it, which while they said Redskins was racist, I'm not sure they lifted a hand to help.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (5h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (6h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (8h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (9h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (11h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (12h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (23h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9m / Around The NFL / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.