Zero2Cool
3 years ago
I was kind of curious because I see numbers thrown around all over the place. What is happening statistically in my home State of Wisconsin?

image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Over 700,000 of the nearly six million Wisconsin residents have been tested for COVID-19. Nearly 40,000 tested positive and of those testing positive we have lost 826.
Over 12% of Wisconsin has been tested.
Over 5% of the tested have tested positive.
Over 2% of those who have tested positive have died.

COVID-19 deaths per Wisconsin person is 0.0142%.

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/data.htm 

I dunno ... but it is beginning to feel like we might be over reacting. Easy for me to say because I haven't had anyone directly infected, right?

And for the USA.
 image.png You have insufficient rights to see the content.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/testing-in-us.html 
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
3 years ago
Deaths per person is a worthless statistic. Deaths per positive test is relevant. 2% death rate if you get it. What's the death rate if you get the flu?
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Deaths per person is a worthless statistic.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Do you prefer deaths per car-wash?

Deaths per positive test is relevant.

And that was mentioned.

2% death rate if you get it.

That feels like a low percentage. One of the troubles I have is the numbers I find do not say COVID-19 is the cause of death, rather that they are COVID-19 related deaths. This might be arguing semantics, but I've read where someone could die in a car crash and test positive for COVID-19 and it counts as a COVID-19 death. 🤷‍♂️

What's the death rate if you get the flu?

That's a good question and one that I'm sure once produced would come with questions about "is that verified Flu" and what strain of Flu, etc. I'm not sure there's an ending to that statistic.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
If a person has an underlying health issue. That might cause them to die if they get covid.
That of course happens all the time with other diseases. A weakened body plays into the death rate with covid as well.
How many of the deaths in the US have had underlying health issues that were a strong cause of their deaths? Yet it’s listed as a covid death.
UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
Over-reaction, perhaps. Responsible behavior, yes. Generally, Wisconsinites have a good team approach, are fairly sensible, wash their hands, and don't stand 6 inches away from each other when speaking.

The over-reaction is in many states who are not sending kids back to schools. They are not following the science...regrettably, there are other motivations.

Incidentally, Zero

Do you prefer deaths per car-wash?

With about 400 car-washes in Wisconsin, the death rate per wash is 2.06. Perhaps a moratorium on new car-washes would stop the spread😎!!!
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Over-reaction, perhaps. Responsible behavior, yes. Generally, Wisconsinites have a good team approach, are fairly sensible, wash their hands, and don't stand 6 inches away from each other when speaking.

The over-reaction is in many states who are not sending kids back to schools. They are not following the science...regrettably, there are other motivations.

Originally Posted by: KRK 

In my experience -- if people in Wisconsin stood six inches from one another -- they would go deaf! Some loud asses over here!!

I read that Wal-Mart is requiring masks starting July 20th. I already didn't get out much and the only places I've been to in months have been AutoZone and Wal-Mart. I will now have one less place to go. More online shopping for this dude!!

I'm not against wearing a mask, per se. However, if it is not safe enough to be out an bout without a mask, then it's not safe enough to be out an bout. I don't subscribe to the smoking area on an airplane or pee section in a swimming pool. They don't want me out of my house ... so be it! I got two good hands!!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Is it safe to be out without a mask?
It might be. I wear one when I go in any store.
With my asthma, heart disease, diabetes and other things, I wear it for safety. I want to be here for my wife.

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
3 years ago
Thanks for the car wash statistics.
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Incidentally, Zero With about 400 car-washes in Wisconsin, the death rate per wash is 2.06. Perhaps a moratorium on new car-washes would stop the spread😎!!!

Originally Posted by: KRK 

Unfortunately, your numbers cannot be substantiated. Bummer! Boring tidbit -- I worked for PDQ Manufacturing years ago. They take breaks and quitting time to a who knew level! You could literally hear tools hitting the tables when it was break time or time to go home. It was eerie as shit the first few weeks until I got to use to it.

Anyhow, I don't think this hysteria is going to end any time soon. Too many people have over-reacted to it. That's not to say it's not an issue -- it is. But, the over-reacting I'm speaking to is going into stores and agitating people who are not wearing a mask or who are not social distancing and when you got them on the brink of blowing a gasket -- pull out your phone, record them and post it online for everyone to ridicule. Of course we have people insulting those who are not wearing a mask. That's helpful. That's how you get people to see your point of view. That's how you get people to wear a mask. Call them names. Insult them. Yep, brilliant over reaction.

Even when a vaccine comes out, who's going to jump in line for that? An unproven vaccine with unknown side effects to prevent a virus that kills such a small percentage of those infected? They should release the numbers of those who survived but have a long-term issue because of COVID. The death numbers are not enough to scare people.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Is it safe to be out without a mask?
It might be. I wear one when I go in any store.
With my asthma, heart disease, diabetes and other things, I wear it for safety. I want to be here for my wife.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I don't have one, yet. I don't need to be around people so I choose not to be. If they open theaters and say you gotta wear a mask, I'd wear one. It'd be fun to see how I'd eat popcorn!
UserPostedImage