Zero2Cool
3 years ago

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we still aren't sure whether an NFL season will happen, and if so, when fans will be allowed in stadiums. One thing we do know is that it is likely there won't any Lambeau Leaps in Green Bay in 2020. Sports Business Daily's Ben Fischer reported on Wednesday [...]

Continue Reading @ PackersTalk 

PackersTalk wrote:

OUTRAGE!!!! Sell your tickets people!!
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
As for stopping the spread, I'm not sure if six rows is enough when fans are screaming, then again, I'm not sure anything is enough, as I'm expecting most people will get the virus.

For players, assuming they don't have any major set backs, then I'm almost thinking it'd be better to get the virus before the season and recover then during the season.

As for no Lambeau Leaps this year, if the Packers player is the first to do a Leap into the empty seats/advertising signage, they'll instantly make me a slightly bigger fan of theirs, just saying.

Because fans have been banned, and to my limited knowledge the leap is still allowed.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Totally off topic mini-ramble below.

As for stopping the spread, I'm not sure if six rows is enough when fans are screaming, then again, I'm not sure anything is enough, as I'm expecting most people will get the virus.

Originally Posted by: beast 

It's been expected that everyone will be in contact with or get COVID-19. Even the CDC said that was their expectation (on their website) very early on. Nothing will stop the spread. Nothing is trying to stop the spread. The efforts are to flatten the spreading of the virus. Wisely, they do not want the hospitals over run with cases.

You're absolutely right. 6 rows isn't enough. They should have it empty. Vikings players won't notice the difference at their home games!

For players, assuming they don't have any major set backs, then I'm almost thinking it'd be better to get the virus before the season and recover then during the season.

As for no Lambeau Leaps this year, if the Packers player is the first to do a Leap into the empty seats/advertising signage, they'll instantly make me a slightly bigger fan of theirs, just saying.

Because fans have been banned, and to my limited knowledge the leap is still allowed.

If I were an athlete, I wouldn't be at all concerned about contracting the virus myself. My concern would be "whom am I passing it on to?". My expectation is most certainly all infected players will recover with little to no long-term effects.

Rather than doing this half-ass, I think they should just not have fans in the seats or just skip the entire season. Putting fans in the seats is just a lawsuit waiting to happen with the morons we have in this beautiful Country.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

That’s IT!!! I’m selling my tickets!!!
Now....where did I put those tickets.....hmmmm.....oh....that’s right. I don’t HAVE any tickets!😂
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
3 years ago
I'm not worried about lambeau leaps, im not worried about six rows of empty seats. I'm just worried about whether we even get to watch football this year. I will be surprised if they actually start the season, even without fans. I'll be incredibly surprised if they finish the season if they start one. I hope they give it a go and it works out great, Rodgers isn't getting any younger, we only have a few more chances for the Lombardi.

I am also worried about the significant damage to the salary cap next season. Every team has been counting on the cap going up about 5-10 million per year. Very few teams in the league, especially the packers will be able to absorb a flat, or significantly lowered cap next year. We will have to dismantle our team. It's going to be incredibly depressing to witness. Yes, I know most teams in the league will have to do the same. I'm betting many high priced players will price themselves into retirement next year, as it seems once you make the big bucks with your big name, you end up done because no one gives you minimum deals to keep playing (that or no one has been willing to keep playing at the minimum deals, who knows).

I am also worried about the future of the packers organization if we go a significant amount of time without football. We have less than $400 million in the rainy day fund. Hopefully, with nothing going on we can stretch that number out for quite a while.
beast
3 years ago

Rather than doing this half-ass, I think they should just not have fans in the seats or just skip the entire season. Putting fans in the seats is just a lawsuit waiting to happen with the morons we have in this beautiful Country.

Skipping the season entirely would make me miserable, so I don't want that.

As for lawsuits, I really don't see that as an issue, as the NFL has lawyers on retainer and the first thing they'll say is, prove you didn't get Covid-19 from every other part of your life, which they can't do, so almost it's a free out, unless it's a super max spread.

But even if it's a super max spread, all they have to do is hang signs at all entrances (before any and all events) just like baseball does, if you enter here, you might be hit with a flying object, enter at you own risk and liability.

I don't see lawsuits being a problem.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Skipping the season entirely would make me miserable, so I don't want that.

As for lawsuits, I really don't see that as an issue, as the NFL has lawyers on retainer and the first thing they'll say is, prove you didn't get Covid-19 from every other part of your life, which they can't do, so almost it's a free out, unless it's a super max spread.

But even if it's a super max spread, all they have to do is hang signs at all entrances (before any and all events) just like baseball does, if you enter here, you might be hit with a flying object, enter at you own risk and liability.

I don't see lawsuits being a problem.

I am not saying lawsuits will be an issue. I am saying we have some people in this lovely Country who are going to try to do it anyway. And with how blatantly stupid social media is, it could get a lot of attention being that lone squeaky wheel at the time.

If skipping the entire season is what is best for all involved, I am fine being forced to find something else to do for four months of the year as a hobby. The more greed I see in the NFL, the less apt I am to go out of my way to devote my valuable time to the product.

NOW GET THE HELL OFF MAH LAWN!!!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Ok. I will. $1000 per ticket must buy the preseason game too. Non refundable.
I don't mind them not doing The Leap. Better to be as safe as possible.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Ok. I will. $1000 per ticket must buy the preseason game too. Non refundable.
I don't mind them not doing The Leap. Better to be as safe as possible.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Simply print and enjoy! Now, where are my tickets!!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago
Sweet! I need another $4000. I said a $1000 per ticket including the preseason game. That's 2 seats at 3 games or $6000 total.

But I am not a schmuck so I will give you 4 of the tickets and wait for you to pay the balance.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (8m) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (1h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (11h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (18h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (19h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (19h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (23h) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.