Mucky Tundra
3 years ago
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix crossed paths with 2 bears & lived to tell the tale 

Former Chicago Bears safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix might’ve left Chicago for the Dallas Cowboys in free agency, but surely there’s no hard feelings.

Unless you count two random bears (as in actual bears) that might’ve had a bone to pick with him.

Clinton-Dix posted a video to Instagram of his close encounter with a mama bear and her cub while he was riding his scooter. And it was certainly a close call.

For those don't want to click the article link and/or click the link to go to HaHas Instagram (Not even sure why they embed the post in the article if the video can't be watched there):

Fled from those bears it was a RB carrying the ball!
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Zero2Cool
3 years ago
Funny! I would have done the same damn thing, lol.

For those don't want to click the article link and/or click the link to go to HaHas Instagram (Not even sure why they embed the post in the article if the video can't be watched there)

Originally Posted by: Mucky Tundra 

I believe it is because some Twitter people want impressions and to do that they need to be played on the Twitter domain. I'm not sure, but I feel it comes back to money.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago
I'm a bit disappointed they don't seem to say where this happened, Haha Twitter says Orlando Florida, so maybe it happened there?

If thinking, I probably would have froze and tried not to move and slowly back away, all while keeping the scooter as a potential if needed weapon to swing.

At least that's what I've been taught to do, when going into known bear areas, as if you just run, they might chase. Being caught off by seeing Bears in the city like that, who knows lol.

Also I always found those scooter hard to ride since being taller, but maybe that's just me.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

I'm a bit disappointed they don't seem to say where this happened, Haha Twitter says Orlando Florida, so maybe it happened there?

If thinking, I probably would have froze and tried not to move and slowly back away, all while keeping the scooter as a potential if needed weapon to swing.

At least that's what I've been taught to do, when going into known bear areas, as if you just run, they might chase. Being caught off by seeing Bears in the city like that, who knows lol.

Also I always found those scooter hard to ride since being taller, but maybe that's just me.

Originally Posted by: beast 

Yeah it is easy to say what you would have done if it were you. (Me too.) But in that 1/10,000th of a second the body is doing stuff before the brain can sort it out. I was thinking of climbing on the mini van's roof. But he was long gone before all the good ideas registered.

And some people say he doesn't have any speed.
UserPostedImage
beast
3 years ago

Yeah it is easy to say what you would have done if it were you. (Me too.) But in that 1/10,000th of a second the body is doing stuff before the brain can sort it out. I was thinking of climbing on the mini van's roof. But he was long gone before all the good ideas registered.

And some people say he doesn't have any speed.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Very true, and I'm not blaming him for his react at all, as he got out of there before the Bears knew what was going on (both in the video and Chicago for that matter)

But I also know my first instinct is to freeze; not to run. And while this instinct might be absolutely horrible against a large predator, due to my size not many people or animals have decided to mess with me (except things with wings, as they just don't give a F***), I hate wasps and geese lol. #GeeseGetOFFtheSidewalkImWalkingHere lol
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
The only reason running is wrong is that it can set off a predator to chase and attack. And the biggest danger Dix was up against was that it was a mother with a cub. If she thought her cub was in danger, she would have attacked.
I actually had a VERY close encounter with a huge black bear. I was bow hunting for deer in northern Wisconsin. I was sitting on the ground, when I heard something in the brush coming towards me. I thought it was a deer, so I got on my knees and readied my bow.....out of the brush comes this bear, running straight at me! I knew my bow would do no good, so I dropped it and pulled out my Buck knife. I figured if it was gonna kill me, I’d at least get in a few blows.
I stood up, waved my arms and yelled “HEY! Get outta here!” It stopped, “woofed!” At me. I yelled at it again “GET OUTTA HERE!!!”
It woofed again, turned and ran. After it disappeared into the woods I started shaking uncontrollably!
I walked off the distance it was at when it stopped, and it was about 25 yards. Sounds like a lot, but it could have covered that distance in a couple seconds. Quite a adrenaline rush!
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
3 years ago

Very true, and I'm not blaming him for his react at all,

Originally Posted by: beast 

Sorry I didn't mean to imply you did.

as he got out of there before the Bears knew what was going on (both in the video and Chicago for that matter)

bwahahaha.

But I also know my first instinct is to freeze; not to run. And while this instinct might be absolutely horrible against a large predator, due to my size not many people or animals have decided to mess with me (except things with wings, as they just don't give a F***), I hate wasps and geese lol. #GeeseGetOFFtheSidewalkImWalkingHere lol

I have always felt mine would be to freeze too but that i the funny thing about instinct, you just don't know what you are going to do until after it is all over and you think, "What the %^$* just happened?"
Haha may well freeze 50 times out of 100. Run 20 times out of 100. Wet himself 30 times. Soil himself 15 times. Yeah it more than 100. Who says you can't do more than one thing at a time? 😆

Cool story Cheesey.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
Thanks WPR!
I was hunting with a friend of mine. We had split up and agreed to meet back at the car at noon. We got back to the car at the same time. I still had on my camo face mask, and he asked me if I had seen anything. I said “no deer, but I shouted down a bear”....he said “yeah! Sure you did!” I took off my face mask and said “does it look like I’m joking?” ( it had just happened a couple minutes earlier)
His eyes got WIDE! He knew I wasn’t kidding!😂
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
3 years ago
I wonder if that’s how it looked when Clinton-Dix left the Bears offices?🤪😂
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (2h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (3h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (13h) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (20h) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (21h) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (21h) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
beast (25-Mar) : Simply fined in the week to follow
beast (25-Mar) : I agree with one NFL official, it'll probably be like some of the helmets hits, not really called by the refs on the field but simply fined
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Hip drop is not. Super confusing. Referees job is harder
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Swivel hip drop is banned
dfosterf (25-Mar) : The hip drop enforcement will be in the form of fines, etc. Not flags
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Around The NFL / dhazer

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.