bboystyle
3 years ago

Something else I have seen on the news, that many businesses that have insurance will not be compensated for the damages done during these “protests”. Riot damage is usually not covered, or if it is carries a high deductible.
So, many small businesses that have been damaged/looted will not be able to recover from this.
So one man dies at the hands of a horrible cop, and thousands of innocent people have to suffer because of it. How is that justice?
Will that bring blacks and whites together? To see people that have worked hard for what they have have it destroyed for no reason? Yes, no reason. Peaceful protest is fine. But what these animals are doing is criminal. And most of the bad people wont get caught, as they are in a mob and know that will most likely cover their crimes.
That’s what makes them so “brave”. Knowing they can hide behind others.
They are cowards.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Have u seen the rioters? They are all races. So yes, Floyds death has brought people together. And again, this isnt about ONE death. This has been going on for YEARS. Where have u been? Are u thay clueless to the standard problem which these folks are fighting for? Or do u not want to acknowledge that cops target black people and now get to kill them with no cause?
dyeah_gb
3 years ago

Have u seen the rioters? They are all races. So yes, Floyds death has brought people together. And again, this isnt about ONE death. This has been going on for YEARS. Where have u been? Are u thay clueless to the standard problem which these folks are fighting for? Or do u not want to acknowledge that cops target black people and now get to kill them with no cause?

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

What the hell are you talking about?? The cop involved in the Floyd case has been fired and is being prosecuted? What is the protest? I have yet to hear a coherent argument related to the protest or outrage, just opinions and tantrums. The response to Drew Bress was fantasy land bullshit posturing. Show me the objective facts that there is a statistical bias of cop fatalities against blacks? You can't because it doesn't exist.

In the meantime, multiple innocent people have been killed due to the rioters. What about Italia Kelley? What about David Dorn? Law and order matter. There is no coherent message in this event, only politics and destruction.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
3 years ago

But u also fail to realize that blacks have been racially targeted for decades and u actually believe majority of cops are good people. U also put some blame on Floyd which is plain out retarded.This is why people who arent black should save their opinions on black matters. U know nothing about being black and living in fear in America

Did you not read the post by KRK?
Facts completely fly in the face of your tantrum. So....say a black guy gets pulled over because he has a burned out tail light or headlight. Right away it’s “racial profiling” and chances are the driver will give the cop a hard time. “You pulled me over because I’m black!” Is the constant cry heard. By the way, I have been pulled over for both of those reasons.
Floyd resisted the cops. Had he not resisted, I bet the things that happened after that wouldn’t have happened. The cop is being prosecuted! What more do you want?
Is there racial profiling? Yes. But if you do what the cop says, don’t be an ass, chances are you will go on your way with no more problems.
Read KRKs post again. More white people were killed by cops then black people. That’s FACT. Should I then go out and riot, damage innocent people’s property and steal?
“Political correctness” gives nothing but excuses for bad behavior.

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
3 years ago

Again, facts destroy your argument. More whites killed then blacks.
And again, making excuses for scumbag rioters shows where you stand. I bet if it was one of YOUR loved ones killed by these multi colored rioters, or your property vandalized by them your opinion would change.
People SHOULD be held accountable for their illegal actions. Doing wrong for ANY reason is WRONG.
Tell me how murdering innocent people is supposed to make things better? Or destroyed stores helping a cause? Protests are fine. But once it becomes violent, it does NOTHING good.
Like I said, I guess I should go out and riot and kill because more whites were killed then blacks. THAT would show them! Right?
It’s just an excuse to do bad things, to profit from it by stealing and to have “fun” destroying property.
Sad thing is, most of these shops are in black neighborhoods. If they have to close because of the damage, who actually ends up paying for it? The people that need those shops to buy essential products, that’s who.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
3 years ago

Again, facts destroy your argument. More whites killed then blacks.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

This is another statistic that gets thrown around without any scope or understanding. I'm sure the statement is true because when it comes to a MINORITY, wouldn't the number obviously be less?

UserPostedImage
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
3 years ago
Trying to tie divergent points of view together, I would like to think we all can agree:
[list]
  • Riots/looting are lawlessness, illegal, stupid and are counter-productive to advancing the cause. Peaceful protest is great. Looting is not, and much of it is provoked by Anitifa and other extremest groups
  • It would be a good thing if more economic opportunity was available for blacks and other minorities[*]Education is essential to provide those opportunities. Employers want to make money, they dont't want to socially experiment with unqualified people[*]Law and order are essential elements and prerequisites in order for investors and entrepreneurs to invest and hire and create economic opportunity.[*]Prejudice and racism still exists[*]Terrible life decisions are being made which exacerbate difficulties that already exist.[/list]If we can agree on these basic facts, then there is no rationale basis for further discussion.
  • The real questions are:[list][*]How do we end the cycle?[*]What can we do to promote better education at all levels?Personally I am a huge fan of Charter Schools and school vouchers for private schools?[*]How do we help single parent homes teach kids? Technology? Senior mentoring?[*]What can we do in incentivize corporations to spend money on training?[*]when are we, as a society realize that we don't need 20,000 more lawyers, and college professors?[*]When/how can we incentivize trade unions to train people to provide skills useful to rebuilding our infrastructure[*]When are we going to put the problem of the lack of economic opportunity with bringing back manufacturing and trade jobs from overseas? [*]We need more enterprise zones with meaningful tax incentive. What they have now is half-assed. [/list]Sorry to drone on, but solutions are needed, not moral narcissism and all this woke b.s. that accomplishes nothing but enforcing a victim mentality.
    In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
    Cheesey
    • Cheesey
    3 years ago

This is another statistic that gets thrown around without any scope or understanding. I'm sure the statement is true because when it comes to a MINORITY, wouldn't the number obviously be less?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

The word “minority” gets used so much. I don’t think that the African American population is as much lower than the white population is now. It probably was 50 years ago.
    Either way, why are black lives more important then white lives?
    I’ve heard that saying that ALL lives matter is somehow racist. Huh???
    No persons life is more important then another person.
    Shouldn’t that be true? And acceptable?
    Humans are human. Each special, each important, regardless of what color their outer layer is.
    JMO of course.
    Again, political correctness seems more important than reality.
    UserPostedImage
    olds70supreme
    3 years ago
    If these numbers are accurate, blacks are shot to death by police proportionally higher than whites...

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/table/US/IPE120218 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ 

Despite having nearly 6 times more people, white people are shot to death by police only roughly 2 times as often.

Here is a thought: Assume for a minute that racism, although bad, will never completely cease to exist. A different (more realistic) solution to the brutality issues could be to loosen protections that police officers have that prevent them from facing the consequences of their actions.
    blank
    Cheesey
    • Cheesey
    3 years ago

If these numbers are accurate, blacks are shot to death by police proportionally higher than whites...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/585152/people-shot-to-death-by-us-police-by-race/ 

Despite having nearly 6 times more people, white people are shot to death by police only roughly 2 times as often.

Here is a thought: Assume for a minute that racism, although bad, will never completely cease to exist. A different (more realistic) solution to the brutality issues could be to loosen protections that police officers have that prevent them from facing the consequences of their actions.

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme 

Question: did you read the post by KRK, that listed the situations where blacks are killed by police?
    Are cops supposed to just allow people to kill THEM? The amount of death by cop where there wasn’t a legitimate reason why the cop had to defend himself is extremely low.
    Racism will never be eradicated. There are too many groups that won’t allow it to end. They make money and keep those individuals voting for them.
    UserPostedImage
    dyeah_gb
    3 years ago

Originally Posted by: olds70supreme 

This is a naive and inaccurate way to normalize the data as it assumes that the distribution in both the white and black population is the same.

I agree with you that racism and evil will always exist and is part of all of humanity. It is the struggle of mankind to be imperfect and yet strive to be better. Also agree that legal protections against police should be reevaluated. That is a complex issue though that deals with the functionality of the job, the unions and currently established law.

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool - R. Feynman