KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
4 years ago
The baseball coach at our high school would occasionally line up the players and walk down the line with a baseball bat and tap the location of there the cup should be....just hard enough that it would be painful if you didn't wear it. But if you had it on no biggie.

Although somewhat strange, it was effective. I can see some parent today suing a coach and/or school system if little Johnnie got a ruptured nut because he was "allowed" to play without cup.
In Luce tua Videmus Lucem KRK
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
4 years ago
Some of the things they did were over the line, but the needle has gone way over to the other side now. If a teacher even LOOKS at a student, CALL THE LAWYER! HE LOOKED MEANLY AT LITTLE JOHNNY!!!
Back in 9th grade, one of the kids in my class was goofing off, and the teacher told him several times to knock it off. But Tony ignored the teacher. Finally, the teacher had enough and kicked the table in front of Tony, which went back and pinched Tony’s finger. Tony jumped up, with fists clenched. The teacher walked over, told Tony “go ahead. Take the first punch. Please! Either that, or SIT DOWN.”
Tony sat down! (Smartly, I might add!)😂
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago
And me? I deserved a lot more spankings then I actually got. Not that I was a bad kid. I never got into any real trouble. But just the knowledge that if I did wrong, there would be consequences, was enough to keep me from doing bad things. If I mouthed off to my Mom, the “I’m going to tell your Father when he gets home” was enough to shut my big mouth. Now, for perspective, my Dad was only 5’3” tall. But he was DAD! I never realized how short he was. And he was not shy to say “I love you” to us kids. He was a REAL man. He told me once “never be afraid to tell someone you love that you love them. You never know when it might be the last time that you see them.” He died when I was 16. The last thing I got to say to him the night before he died was “Dad, I love you”.
So I’m glad I listened to his words of wisdom.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
4 years ago

Oh...and I cut my left index finger really bad in Mr. YamaSHITa’s class.(you can see how we pronounced his name!) and I ran to the sink, turned cold water on and stuck my finger under it. Clear water to my finger, solid red on down. Mr. Yamashita looks and says “What the hell you do?” (With his strong accent) and I said “I think I cut my finger.” His response “what the hell you mean you THINK you cut your finger.....you CUT your finger!” And off I went to the office for medical assistance.
The school principal nicknamed me “carpenter” from then on.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

😂

yooperfan
4 years ago
Man, when I was a kid, teachers used to use a ruler or a yardstick to get your "attention".
You didn't go home and whine to your parents about it because then you were introduced to the strap.
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago

Man, when I was a kid, teachers used to use a ruler or a yardstick to get your "attention".
You didn't go home and whine to your parents about it because then you were introduced to the strap.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

And I bet you never got into any real trouble!
Kids need to know that there are consequences to what they do, bad or good. How can they be good law abiding adults, if no one teaches them right from wrong when they are children?
Kids today are taught that they are “special”, and are given a false sense of self worth. That all that matters is what THEY want. Who THEY are. They don’t have to excel to stand out. Sporting events don’t keep score so no one will feel the reality that someone is better at sports then THEY are. Everyone gets a “participation trophy!!!”
You show up, you get a trophy.
Does that teach them REAL LIFE for their future? Nope! Sets them up for failure.
I see young people at jobs that act like they are doing the boss a favor just to show up. I can’t count the number of youngin’s I see that have poor attitudes. That’s why when I see a young person who has a great attitude at their job I go out of my way to ask for their manager, and let them know. And I make sure the young person HEARS my deserved praise!
There are consequences to their actions! Even when it’s positive consequences!
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
  • Cheesey
4 years ago
My Mom told my Dad she didn’t mind if he spanked us, as long as all he used was his hand. She saw my cousin Butch getting spanked by my uncle with a belt. Butch tried to get away, turned, and my uncle got him right in the private’s. Really bad.
So the hand was what I got. (Whichgot the point across!)
There’s a HUGE difference between discipline and abuse. I never was abused. Not even close.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (15h) : Maybe
Mucky Tundra (16h) : Yes
Zero2Cool (17h) : No.
Mucky Tundra (19h) : End of a Degu-era
dhazer (20h) : Steelers sign Patterson because of new kickoff rule interesting
Zero2Cool (22h) : Former #Packers TE Josiah Deguara is signing a 1-year deal with the Jaguars, per source.
Zero2Cool (23h) : They do not do it for "content sake".
dfosterf (28-Mar) : For the record, I enjoy Beast and Mucky drafts
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Haha
Mucky Tundra (27-Mar) : No time for talking! Back to work beast!
beast (27-Mar) : You saw only 4,201 of my mocks? 🥺 I think that means you missed more than half of them 😢
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Does anyone know what Lambeau field improvements got put on hold? My guess would be for the 2025 draft
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : It's like listen, you made 4,201 mocks, no shit.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Cuz during the draft "I had them mocked there!" as if it's amazing.
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : They're fun to do once in awhile. It's people who think they are "content" that annoy me.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Against tbd
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Answer to your question is yes, it's a Thursday, will be the Chiefs aga
dfosterf (27-Mar) : Luckily for all concerned, I don't post them. I did one, but that was like 25 mocks ago
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : NFL 2024 gonna start Sept 5th isn't it???
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Ugh... kids these days!
dfosterf (27-Mar) : I'm gonna go do some more mock draft hell instead 🤪
Zero2Cool (27-Mar) : Did we do one of those prediction threads yet for 2024 season?
dfosterf (27-Mar) : In my city, they are playing the nimby game, in order to keep some railroad tracks vs. 2 professional sports teams and a concert venue.
dfosterf (27-Mar) : And/Or a city council, of which I haven't seen a good one in a very long time
dfosterf (27-Mar) : That sounds like a Mayor, not a city.
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers halt scheduled 80mil upgrade of stadium until lease agreement talks are restarted
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : City of Green Bay puts Packers' Lambeau Field lease talks on hold
buckeyepackfan (26-Mar) : Packers 1 of 3 teams to vote no on new kickoff rule.
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Packers sign another Kicker
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Lengthy explanation at PFF if you click the link
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Kickoff rules officially changed.ngthy explan
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : lol
Cheesey (26-Mar) : 2009? No thanks! One open heart surgery is enough!
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Good for you!
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Yes. That's the one.
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Is that "Lady Dugan" per chance?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Crystal?
dfosterf (26-Mar) : Please refresh my memory
Zero2Cool (26-Mar) : Alan posts. Crystal back in my life. It's 2009 all over again! Lol
Mucky Tundra (26-Mar) : BAH GAWD! THAT'S CHEESEYS MUSIC!
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Gutekunst said early stages of Jordan Love contract being discussed.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Shouldn't be penalized cuz official screwed up
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Yeah, challenge until you are incorrect twice.
Zero2Cool (25-Mar) : Fining them is the goal, per the people who made the rule anyway.
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still waiting on the kickoff rule changes. Did hear yesterday that the touchback proposal will now be the 30 yard line, not the 35
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Probably speed of game issues with your proposal
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Hopefully the refs don't get in the habit of throwing flags on this
beast (25-Mar) : I think when it comes to Challenges should get two strikes, so unlimited challenges as long as they keep winning them, but 2 wrong then done
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Still subject to the fines etc
dfosterf (25-Mar) : Yes, I should have been more specific. Also, they are now saying it would be a 15 yard penalty. That makes more sense .
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

28-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Mar / Random Babble / Zero2Cool

27-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

25-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

24-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22-Mar / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.