Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Soft delete is just hiding the post. The author of said post can fix it. Stop being dramatic. It's painless.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
8 years ago

We are getting some really long replies, which is fine, but I haven't read through each line of each of them yet. Just wanted to drop a note that I do have a good idea on how to get things back in the right direction. Again, we're not that far off, not at all. The trouble part is making things concise and succinct while maintaining a clear objective. Oh, and finding/making the time to do it. (dealing with carpel tunnel in both wrists)

Truth of the matter here, it has been a few a squeaky wheels that were getting my grease. Those squeaky wheels will simply be removed if the squeaking continues after the minor (yet profound) changes are established.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Kevin what you really need for those wrists is a Girlfriend that should relieve some of the pain 😊
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

Kevin what you really need for those wrists is a Girlfriend that should relieve some of the pain 😊

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

Ha, yeah, I'll just go to the Women 'r Us store right quick after work!

We'll have to come up with something other than Soft Deleting because it seems that's easy to induce some freaking out over lol
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago

My objections are noted. Nobody seems to care though.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You are absolutely right. No one cares.

Smokey
8 years ago
I have followed this thread and I'm disturbed by what I read. Threats to vanquish members who's post are not politically correct. Erasing post that do not conform with and march in step with the majority.

It amazes me when actual events (game video) show a glaring problem but the politically correct crowd refuses to acknowledge that a problem exist. I often attribute this to youth and the belief that they know everything. 50+ years of following the NFL and the Packers has provided me with knowledge of great winners to dismal losers.

I'm just saying that I hope this forum is not turning into a place where fear prevents honest opinions from being posted.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

I have followed this thread and I'm disturbed by what I read. Threats to vanquish members who's post are not politically correct. Erasing post that do not conform with and march in step with the majority.

It amazes me when actual events (game video) show a glaring problem but the politically correct crowd refuses to acknowledge that a problem exist. I often attribute this to youth and the belief that they know everything. 50+ years of following the NFL and the Packers has provided me with knowledge of great winners to dismal losers.

I'm just saying that I hope this forum is not turning into a place where fear prevents honest opinions from being posted.

Originally Posted by: Smokey 

You're disturbed by what you've read?

Threats to vanquish members who do not post politically correct?

Erasing posts that do not conform with the majority?

Really? Wow, just WOW! That is disturbing! Why would anyone make up garbage to fit their hyperbolic paranoia? My goodness, rest assured, you have completely missed the boat on the future objectives. COMPLETELY.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
8 years ago

Well a lot of the conflict in here is on me, because I stood up to a poster that broke every rule in this place and was not disciplined for it. He belittled another a poster using race and his little post was as appalling as it ever got, but because he was Foster's buddy nothing happened to him. I was livid about it and met that bastard at every pass and every horrible post he made. I took it to the gutter with him and I don't regret anything because everything that man stood for is what is wrong with this country.

I do regret generalizing all the right wingers in here and calling them Nazis and for that I apologize, but I never appreciated being called a Commie every fucking day either. I apologize to you Kevin for the trouble in the past, but I will not stand by while people denigrate gays, blacks, or any other minority, and hyena Uffda - whether I agree with him or not. It is complete bullshit that people think like that in this century.

I'll try and keep my posts about the Packers from here on out. I miss the family thing we once had, which I was quite involved with. I had a lot of support from the people here with my daughter's medical issues. It was very helpful! Anyway, hopefully we can get back to what we once were.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Troy I want to apologize to you. I probably over reacted to your post. We buried my uncle today. One of my responsibilities was to give the eulogy. I talked about how much I learned from him over the years without it seeming as if he was telling me what to do.
He was slowly eaten away by diabetes. He was diagnosed in the late 70’s. I thought he was so frail that I took him to a game in GB about 8-10 years ago because I was sure he wouldn’t be able to make the trip if I waited a yr or two. He was in hospice care 3 different times. Twice he rallied and got better. He was in the hospital and nursing home dozens of times and got strong enough to return home.
It seems petty to let the events on a website that we come to for enjoyment to get us worked up to the boiling point. I will try to do better.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
What do you want from a Packers discussion board? What do you expect?

I want a place where I can maybe learn something, maybe provide knowledge on something or maybe just toss out an opinion that perhaps others haven't given any traction or just lay down my support for my team. The bottom line though is I want the experience to be enjoyable and to never be taken too seriously.

I would expect to be able to freely express my thoughts, opinions and insight without being subjected to merciless attacking and censorship.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

Troy I want to apologize to you. I probably over reacted to your post. We buried my uncle today. One of my responsibilities was to give the eulogy. I talked about how much I learned from him over the years without it seeming as if he was telling me what to do.
He was slowly eaten away by diabetes. He was diagnosed in the late 70’s. I thought he was so frail that I took him to a game in GB about 8-10 years ago because I was sure he wouldn’t be able to make the trip if I waited a yr or two. He was in hospice care 3 different times. Twice he rallied and got better. He was in the hospital and nursing home dozens of times and got strong enough to return home.
It seems petty to let the events on a website that we come to for enjoyment to get us worked up to the boiling point. I will try to do better.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

You don't need to apologize, glad you came back. I was not kind, or respectful to any of you and your feelings because I didn't feel any of you actually took the time to consider the feelings of the poor people, gay people, or minorities that I felt you all denigrated with right wing bigotry. And I won't apologize for fighting fire with fire. That doesn't mean I dislike any of you, I just think you all need to take your thinking deeper on these issues.

Like I said, glad you came back, Wayne.
UserPostedImage
nerdmann
8 years ago

You don't need to apologize, glad you came back. I was not kind, or respectful to any of you and your feelings because I didn't feel any of you actually took the time to consider the feelings of the poor people, gay people, or minorities that I felt you were all denigrated with right wing bigotry. And I won't apologize for fighting fire with fire. That doesn't mean I dislike any of you, I just think you all need to take your thinking deeper on these issues.

Like I said, glad you came back, Wayne.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Wow man.

I'll have to check out the back alley sometime. Sounds like I'm missing out on all the action!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”